Pressuring Dak Prescott is key

hawknation2017

Reaction score
When Dak Prescott has thrown the ball erratically this year, it has usually been against pressure.

Dak's QB rating against pressure this year is 66.0, much lower than his overall season average of 89.6. However, his QB rating against a blitzing defense is a tremendous 114.3.

Paging Michael Bennett. We need Bennett to bounce back from one of the worst games of his career. La'el Collins is not that good. Get on him early, knock him on his keister, and make sure he has a miserable game.

Pressure Dak, corral Ezekiel Elliott, and don't allow big plays. Go Hawks!

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/944260755771314176[/tweet]

Tyron Smith has been dealing with back, knee, and groin injuries.

Both of the Cowturds' backup OTs, Byron Bell and Chaz Green, have struggled a lot this season.

Edit: I miss Cliff Avril. We need someone who can beat these tackles off the line of scrimmage. I don't like the Frank Clark vs. Smith matchup for us. Maybe Dion Jordan or Marcus Smith will have a good game. Need to invest in a new speed rusher this off-season.

Bell says he's "pretty sure" Smith will start.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas ... s-seahawks

original poster

Reaction score
Bugger.

I agree drafting a rusher, it’ll almost definitely be with the first pick as well.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":19kdofxe said:
Bugger.

I agree drafting a rusher, it’ll almost definitely be with the first pick as well.

Dilly Dilly!

Hercules Mata'afa from Washington State would be a Bad Man from day one.

[youtube]dvLEnRUdIxo[/youtube]

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
While he has done great things for the Cougs, I don't think I'd take Hercules too early. He's not really a classic edge rusher. Most of his impact came when he was lined up inside, where he's slippery because he's quick and stays low. Could he replicate that against NFL-level blockers? He has NFL tweener written all over him, imo- and I'm a big Coug fan.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":d4opxrn1 said:
While he has done great things for the Cougs, I don't think I'd take Hercules too early. He's not really a classic edge rusher. Most of his impact came when he was lined up inside, where he's slippery because he's quick and stays low. Could he replicate that against NFL-level blockers? He has NFL tweener written all over him, imo- and I'm a big Coug fan.

I like his play style, I think with NFL level conditioning and coaching he would be unstoppable. I agree though, no sooner than 4th round.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1phvyf8z said:
Grahamhawker":1phvyf8z said:

I like his play style, I think with NFL level conditioning and coaching he would be unstoppable. I agree though, no sooner than 4th round.

So true with everything said.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Welp our pass rush struggles hard against backup OL so I'm not expecting Dak to see much pressure. Just have to hope the LBs are healthy enough to play at an elite level and that the secondary can somehow hold up.

sutz

Reaction score
original poster":10hq9e62 said:
Milehighhawk":10hq9e62 said:
Mission accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This!

Great to watch when the DL plays well.
They definitely came to play today.

:2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Great game by Kris Richard. Corner blitzes are becoming more common.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1103j28x said:

YES. Great call-out Montana. Coleman got a pressure that forced a three and out I think and Shaq definitely got a sack. Great new wrinkle from Richard.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
With star tackle Tyron Smith coming out of the game on the first drive, Clark took advantage of Dallas’ poor backup play and wreaked havoc in the backfield. Clark finished with six hurries and a sack and earned a 79.6 pass-rush grade. Clark was also solid in run defense, with three solo tackles all resulting in a stop. Clark’s 80.6 run-defense grade was the best among Seattle defenders.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... cowboys-12

original poster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27bu6wst said:

I’m surprised just how successful they’ve been in honesty.

sutz

Reaction score
original poster":8i03yi1l said:
MontanaHawk05":8i03yi1l said:

All part of the master plan. When you haven't done something all season, it can be successful since there is no video that you can do it.

:242735:

:laugh: :rofl:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sutz":2bbl9ww2 said:
original poster":2bbl9ww2 said:
MontanaHawk05":2bbl9ww2 said:

All part of the master plan. When you haven't done something all season, it can be successful since there is no video that you can do it.

:242735:

:laugh: :rofl:

Well here's to hoping that we don't say after next weeks game, "where are all those blitzes we called that worked so great against Dallas."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":32tavn7m said:
I love Corner and Safety blitzes. I loved the aggressiveness. Wonder why they weren’t aggressive during the Jax and Rams games.

Latest posts