Playoff Season Greetings

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2la6ihgc said:
What are your thoughts Star Wars about some of the matchups-- your secondary v. our WRs snd vice-versa? Whose pass rush has the advantage? Jarran Reed has been just a beast for us on the interior with 10.5 sacks. Clark has turned into a premier DE. Dallas always has a solid OL though-how does it stack up this year?

How are your LBs in coverage? Can our TEs take advantage in the seam?

Cowboys Secondary vs your Receivers is a wash in my book. We have some young and established players playing their best ball.... and we can thank your guy Richard for that, and I think you have the same mix of receivers (established and young) playing good ball as well. Your QB will always tilt that matchup to your advantage .... but skill for skill...I think this is going to be a great matchup.

Our Receivers vs your Secondary.....I think is advantage Hawks. Again.... if we had a more proven QB.... it would be a little closer. Cooper has won his one on one matchups against some of the best in the league....... so we could hit you with some big plays, but that's not likely to happen unless we are winning with running the ball early in the game.

Pass Rush I'm giving the Cowboys the nod. But it's real close. Your D line is likely to make some plays....as our interior Oline has been butchered with injuries. Cowboys O line is no where near our 2014-2016 squad. I've watched your O line with your best guys out there (I know that was not last week) and Im fairly certain we are going to get ours also. I'm more concerned with keeping Wilson in the pocket or at least flushing him to his left if need be. He has the same respect from me as Aaron Rogers when it comes to his role out game...... and our D line needs to make him beat us from the pocket.

Our LB's in coverage have been fantastic this year...... and that's been a big part of why Vander Esch A: Should have been a Pro Bowl nod... and B: Was in the discussion for DROY. Cowboys have been a solid drafting team since Garrett took over..... but they really hit on that pick.....as well as their risk of taking Jaylon Smith in 2016. That duo has been very solid this year. And Sean Lee will be back in this game. He could steal the show..... or tweak his hammy for the 100th time.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2u7fxxcp said:
Living in the past I see....you keep bringing up 2014. Well this isn't 2014 and the Cowboys don't have Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, and Jason Witten. Has Dak Prescott even beaten the Seahawks in a meaningful game (regular season or playoffs)? I think not.

Not at all........ but your 2014 team was better than this years team..... and your fans "blowout" confidence was more understandable then. I came here then and offered a fact based view of why I thought you could be surprised with an upset..... based on the way the Cowboys were built...and their overall play up to that point. Turned out I was right.

We are a completely different team this year . We are still built on the run game but we now have a much better defense than in 2014. So the shift in strength doesn't mean we are still not a good team. You don't need to tell me about Daks weaknesses. I've damn near wanted him benched at times this year, but our passing game seems to be turning a corner at the right time. If that momentum carries over into Saturday night (and the rest of the team plays their best ball) then your hawks could take a solid L.

If you are suggesting the Cowboys stand no chance...... then by all means school me as to why.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
mikeak":27rw5soo said:
I think Cowboy fans underappreciates the value of a week rest when playing a team on a short week AND you get them at home

Dallas got a home game on Thanksgiving, then a week off vs Saints travelling and having a short week. Please do believe that makes you better than Saints and others that have QBs that should be contained....

Um.... no I completely understand the value of rest. However.... going into that Saints game, I was perfectly happy if we had come out of that game only losing by two TD's. That's how mis matched that game looked on tape and on paper. The Fact that our D came up with a game like that was remarkable ...and I don't care how much rest they did or didn't have.

And.... if you would like to give a nod towards the advantage of rest, keep in mind, that the Cowboys best players on offense were in street cloths in week 17.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3nh65uu1 said:
This whole notion of putting a “spy” on Russell Wilson is getting very old. He has spies on him every game. The whole point has always been to rush contained. However, now Russell will torch you from the pocket.

Your best hope is to keep him on the sidelined with your run game. Something you’re completely capable off with the talent on your team. If your offense stalls, it’s going to be a long game for y’all.

And please don’t forget the amazing 0 points your offense put up against that legendary colts defense which is littered with hall of fame players :sarcasm_on:

Bottom line is.... and I think we agree here... is that Cowboys need to keep Wilson in the pocket. However they get that done. Can Wilson beat us from the pocket ? Sure he can...... but that is not the totality of his skill set. He's a short QB and we have some monsters getting pressure up the middle. That's a solid game plan to beat Russel Wilson...and I think you know that.

Agree with you 100% on our offense. We are not likely to win if we don't win or compete well of TOP.

I suggest you fire up some tape on the Colts D. They are playing very good football.....and our interior O line was starting 3rd tier league cast offs in that game. Also.... see comment about their D Coordinator Matt Eberflus.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
How is Vander Esch Doing? He grew up about 2 hours from me. I love fishing in that area.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
hawxfreak":cd08hnkk said:
I wonder if he knows that our best oline starters were on the bench with injuries and 2 other oline men were playing different positions in the Arizona game and that we already locked up a wild card spot before the game , oh and that our guys are all going to be back for the first time in a month on Saturday , woohoo :2thumbs:

Yes...I do know. You needed that game for seeding..... you wanted to go to Dallas far more than you wanted to go to CHI.

I suspect that you also know that the Cowboys had one O line starter on the field for most of our Week 17 game. Against a pretty good Giants front 4.

I think Cowboys and Hawks O lines will be in similar condition tomorrow night.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1431twmr said:
I think we can agree both teams have been world beaters in some games, and garbage fires in others. I give the edge to us for 3 reasons.

---Primetime playoffs. We do well in primetime, and have playoff winning experience at QB/FO/HC

---Russ>Dak, especially in clutch situations. He is ultra dependable. We are alllllways in the game, and win many at the wire.

---Numbers. Going off of pff metrics, we have an advantage in most areas. This is much closer, but still, we come out on top.

As far as the boys advantages, it is pretty much home field and that zeke is a beast. I still remember the first time he and Kam went toe to toe on that first hit. You could see Bambam was a bit surprised. Zeke brought it. Our key is going to be stacking and stopping the run. Man coverage, single high on the back end and let the chips fall.

We. will. win.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

And there is no doubt that the Hawks want this game to come down to Dak being about to make you pay for stacking the box. Our passing game has been the weakest link on the entire team....and it's not close. If Dak can hit some big plays to Cooper, Beasley, Jarwin and even Zeke...... than we will have a great game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This isnt the shack so pocket the personal insults.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1rhz814i said:
I’m surprised the Jerruh’s kids fan didn’t bring up their 5 rusted Lombardi’s from last century, that’s usually a weak trash talking cowturd’s fans “go to” when they realize they can’t talk much about their team’s recent past or present success.

Winning their crappy division by default brings a lot of false bravado to the surface by these pukes.

An Eli Manning led offense last week put up 35 points on this guy’s healthy “all world” defense! Let that sink in!

2 playoff wins since their last Super Bowl equals “23 years of tears” brought to you by one the worst GM’s in all of sports. This troll will disappear for another 5 years after his team loses Saturday.

Please point out my trolling and false bravado.

You seem a little nervous for some reason ?

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Seymour":1wf2hr8z said:
OP......You lost me at "Chickens".

A little touchy here ...... but I've referred to the Hawks as the SeaChickens forever. Because it's funny ..... no disrespect intended. I very much respect the Hawks team...... and I think most of my comments have backed that up.

Hell......I'll give them huge props for battling to be in this position. Going into the season, you had a lot of turnover, no proven fix to your oline, the earl thomas drama etc. I thought you were in for a "restart" season on a lot of levels and there were solid reasons to believe that. Hawks steadied the ship from a rough start in exactly the same way the Cowboys have. That's what makes this game awesome....... and if you are big football fan, you live for games like this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear God, are people still saying Seachickens? :roll:
It's 2019.......
But, this game goes down to the wire imo. Two very evenly matched teams.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2sw6xeyi said:
It's 2019.......

My personal usage:

When the Hawks blow it in the 4th -- Seachickens
When the Hawks don't blow it -- Seahawks

It's like my own little "coug'd it" for the Hawks.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yypwf90 said:
It's 2019.......

Exactly.....then he goes on like we can have some normal conversation. :roll:

But hey.....lets have a nice game discussion with those "Dallas Coward fans"......"no disrespect intended". :roll:

Sounds like my kids. Because "I've always done it", it must be OK to go on an opposing teams board and call them names there too. :pukeface:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why take something as benign as "seachickens" this personally?

Get a grip

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3lcg3l44 said:
SoulfishHawk":3lcg3l44 said:
It's 2019.......

Exactly.....then he goes on like we can have some normal conversation. :roll:

But hey.....lets have a nice game discussion with those "Dallas Coward fans"......"no disrespect intended". :roll:

Sounds like my kids. Because "I've always done it", it must be OK to go on an opposing teams board and call them names there too. :pukeface:
I prefer Clownboys.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
STAR WARS":3t27f545 said:
Seymour":3t27f545 said:
OP......You lost me at "Chickens".

A little touchy here ...... but I've referred to the Hawks as the SeaChickens forever. Because it's funny ..... no disrespect intended. I very much respect the Hawks team...... and I think most of my comments have backed that up.

Hell......I'll give them huge props for battling to be in this position. Going into the season, you had a lot of turnover, no proven fix to your oline, the earl thomas drama etc. I thought you were in for a "restart" season on a lot of levels and there were solid reasons to believe that. Hawks steadied the ship from a rough start in exactly the same way the Cowboys have. That's what makes this game awesome....... and if you are big football fan, you live for games like this.

You have indeed backed up your chicken talk with respectful commentary, I didnt mind it. Just know that if we went on a Cowboys board and started off by asking how the "cowgirls" were going to play this weekend, a few might take offense 8)

Back to the topic at hand....your key to stopping Seattle isnt really "keeping Russ in the pocket" anymore. I know it used to be. And every once and a while he will scramble around and make a play.

But RW isnt nearly as quick as he used to be. Seattle gets their yards pounding the rock and going deep on play action. THAT's your key to stopping our offense. "contain russ" is so 2012-2017 ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not personal at all, just corny and about 30 years too late on Seachickens. Meh, he can call us whatever he wants, doesn't matter. May the better team win. Fan how you want.

mikeak

Reaction score
STAR WARS":27v4fhe1 said:
mikeak":27v4fhe1 said:
I think Cowboy fans underappreciates the value of a week rest when playing a team on a short week AND you get them at home

Dallas got a home game on Thanksgiving, then a week off vs Saints travelling and having a short week. Please do believe that makes you better than Saints and others that have QBs that should be contained....

Um.... no I completely understand the value of rest. However.... going into that Saints game, I was perfectly happy if we had come out of that game only losing by two TD's. That's how mis matched that game looked on tape and on paper. The Fact that our D came up with a game like that was remarkable ...and I don't care how much rest they did or didn't have.

And.... if you would like to give a nod towards the advantage of rest, keep in mind, that the Cowboys best players on offense were in street cloths in week 17.

It is not just rest. It is time to game plan, watch video etc. On what is basically 3 days (one day to travel) including recovery Monday a team is not ready. That works fine when it is the same for both teams.

When teams have a full week then it matters much less if a few guys rested. Your On-line players may have rested but everyone else prepared for and played in the game. Coaches gameplanned and started gameplanned for Seattle at the same time as Seattle started gameplanned gncor the Cowgirls.

So situation is different and my point is I take nothing away from the Saints game. The deck was stacked in your favor. Nothing "wrong" with that I just don't use it to draw conclusions about your abilities

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":dlq7qca8 said:
Uncle Si":dlq7qca8 said:
Seymour":dlq7qca8 said:
Uncle Si":dlq7qca8 said:
Why take something as benign as "seachickens" this personally?

Get a grip

Why protect someone trolling our board that openly admitted he only stops in after a win then disappears when the going gets tough.

I'm not offended. Just don't care for the way he comes off....."I'm only here to gloat". :pukeface:

Hows he trolling? Rest of his post was open discussion about the upcoming game.

Or did you actually stop reading?

Yes, and I stated that. You deleted that part of my post....remember??

STAR WARS":dlq7qca8 said:
Gentleman,

Last time I chimed in on your board ….. my Cowboys won a big game up there in Seattle.(2014)
I've conveniently stayed away before the last three wins you have had on us … but I'm hoping to keep a pattern going here :)

I sure as hell would not expect any respect going on another teams board saying I only show when we win and calling the team 3rd grade names. :177692:
After that, the rest of the post doesn't exist to me.

I deleted it because you went with personal insults? Would you prefer to discuss it elsewhere?

So you didnt read, continue to misread and take a benign team nickname by opposing fans as a major affront.

You are clearly winning the "i know you are but what am i" game of posting.

PM if you have questions or comments from here out