6th best regular season in franchise history

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Record wise 10-5-1 is 6th best ever by Seattle.

To help some of the negative nellies gain a little perspective.

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

chris98251

Reaction score
Just because your car runs doesn't mean it's right, going a 160 miles an hour but seeing all that black smoke behind you may be a indicator something isn't right, the same is being said about the Seahawks, were here, were in the playoffs, but something isn't quite right.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I vote we rename "Negative Nellies" to "Realistic Richards".

Anyone that doesn't see our issues is just not paying attention.

That said, an "off" season and we still won 10. We are spoiled

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2jp7iuw6 said:

We do have issues, but so does every team. Look at Detroit for example, their pass defense is horrendous, they don't have any running game and their QB is playing with a mangled throwing hand.

Oakland and Houston have no quarterback,,, oh yeah Miami too, they don' t have a quarterback either.

I could keep going,

This is the NFL,

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This has been an awesome season imo.

Years from now we'll look back and see how spoiled we were, not being satisfied with a ten win season

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2ab5rk5c said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

Pete himself said during the pre-season that "this is the most talented roster I've ever had".

How does that stack up with 6th best record, when you also add in our division basically stepped aside for us this year?

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Seymour":1w8wroae said:
gowazzu02":1w8wroae said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

Pete himself said during the pre-season that "this is the most talented roster I've ever had".

How does that stack up with 6th best record, when you also add in our division basically stepped aside for us this year?

Pretty short sided isn't it? Considering that Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson (who didn't miss a game but he was in serious trouble with his injuries at one point), Earl Thomas, Thomas Rawls, CJ Prosise have all missed and are missing time with significant injuries.

And I fail to see how any type of division game is a gimme in the NFL. The Steelers are on fire and look at what happened in their week 17 game against the Browns. The NFL has tons of talent, both on coaching and players side, and no team is entitled to a single thing.

This fan base is kind of incredible on this board at times.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
gowazzu02":s04h3hw4 said:
FlyingGreg":s04h3hw4 said:

We do have issues, but so does every team. Look at Detroit for example, their pass defense is horrendous, they don't have any running game and their QB is playing with a mangled throwing hand.

Oakland and Houston have no quarterback,,, oh yeah Miami too, they don' t have a quarterback either.

I could keep going,

This is the NFL,

That's fair. But, there are big issues and not so big issues. If we had Atlanta's offense, our defense wouldn't be as big of a worry because we could outscore the problem. We still might be able to, but i doubt many Seahawks fans have iron clad confidence in our offense right now.

If people want to get excited about 10 regular season wins, cool. If people are concerned about our chances in the playoffs, also cool.

It doesn't need to be one or the other. That's a huge problem on this board.

By the way, remember the name Zach Zenner and your "Detroit doesn't have a running game" theory. He might surprise some Seahawks fans this Saturday

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":160lo3ci said:
Seymour":160lo3ci said:
gowazzu02":160lo3ci said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

Pretty short sided isn't it? Considering that Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson (who didn't miss a game but he was in serious trouble with his injuries at one point), Earl Thomas, Thomas Rawls, CJ Prosise have all missed and are missing time with significant injuries.

And I fail to see how any type of division game is a gimme in the NFL. The Steelers are on fire and look at what happened in their week 17 game against the Browns. The NFL has tons of talent, both on coaching and players side, and no team is entitled to a single

Huge difference, though. Pittsburgh was locked into the 3 seed and nothing to play for. They held out Roethlisberger, Brown and Bell.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1tckcrlb said:
gowazzu02":1tckcrlb said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

Our Division didn't step aside for us, they were SHOVED aside BY us and the rest of the scheduled opponents.

Seymour

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":2h3ygdrd said:
Seymour":2h3ygdrd said:
gowazzu02":2h3ygdrd said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

And I fail to see how any type of division game is a gimme in the NFL. The Steelers are on fire and look at what happened in their week 17 game against the Browns. The NFL has tons of talent, both on coaching and players side, and no team is entitled to a single thing.

Not IMO. This team had been relatively healthy heading into the last several games with mainly just the loss of Earl & Prosise (then Lockett happened). Even near full strength we payed the Jekyll / Hyde personality from 1 week to the next to 1 quarter to the next. This also has been happening on both sides of the ball.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3sbi55hs said:
Seymour":3sbi55hs said:
gowazzu02":3sbi55hs said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

Our Division didn't step aside for us, they were SHOVED aside BY us and the rest of the scheduled opponents.

I'm pretty sure the Tards (our pre-season "biggest threat") would disagree with that.

stizz19

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":e0fu3xt9 said:
gowazzu02":e0fu3xt9 said:
FlyingGreg":e0fu3xt9 said:

I could keep going,

This is the NFL,

That's fair. But, there are big issues and not so big issues. If we had Atlanta's offense, our defense wouldn't be as big of a worry because we could outscore the problem. We still might be able to, but i doubt many Seahawks fans have iron clad confidence in our offense right now.

If people want to get excited about 10 regular season wins, cool. If people are concerned about our chances in the playoffs, also cool.

By the way, remember the name Zach Zenner and your "Detroit doesn't have a running game" theory. He might surprise some Seahawks fans this Saturday

If we had Atlantas offense we couldn't afford our defense. I think Atlanta would trade their high powered O for our D (healthy) any day, I can't think of the last team that won the Owl with a D not in the top 10.

Seymour

Reaction score
stizz19":s82fo0tf said:
FlyingGreg":s82fo0tf said:
gowazzu02":s82fo0tf said:
FlyingGreg":s82fo0tf said:

I could keep going,

This is the NFL,

If we had Atlantas offense we couldn't afford our defense. I think Atlanta would trade their high powered O for our D (healthy) any day, I can't think of the last team that won the Owl with a D not in the top 10.

Of course you can't, we all want to forget that one!
Try SB 49 and NE with the #13 ranked defense beating the #1 ranked D.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Yeah they're good. But they were outscored by Case Keenum.

Seattle fans in general are awesome in person and travel well. 75% of the road games just sucked. The team beat New England at Foxboro, great, but many people spent a lot of money to watch touchdown less games. The entertainment value is not there.

The team owes it to their fans to have a winning season. Not every team can but it's a moot argument to argue records as some of the wins feel like losses.

The team has underperformed players and coaches- sieve of a line, missed bombs on 3 and 1, downhill running out of a pistol, and not being prepared when a safety is injured.

The best record ever should even better. at least four of the teams losses should be wins as we lost. We weren't beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nash72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":18ztrwxp said:
Seymour":18ztrwxp said:
gowazzu02":18ztrwxp said:

We couldnt even beat the Cardinals this year and actually lost to the hapless Rams. Yeah, we were real bullies this year.

nash72

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":yi0scxmj said:
And I fail to see how any type of division game is a gimme in the NFL. The Steelers are on fire and look at what happened in their week 17 game against the Browns.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3kcdujr9 said:
gowazzu02":3kcdujr9 said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

The stats say different - http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/team-stats/sp-s-rpg-a-true-vw-teamdefense

It shows the Seahawks had the #7 run defense. Dallas was #1 against the run. Arizona was #1 in sacks. Where did you get your information?

I agree. #7 in Rushing D. We were #1 in Ave. Rushing Yards per attempt at 3.4.
Sacks is WRONG also. We were #3.