Going Forward

Largent80

Reaction score
For me personally, my confidence in getting to and winning this seasons Super Bowl has taken a big hit.

Having a good game, bad game scenario will not get a team far into the playoffs. It's that simple.

It isn't about RW, the D-Line, even poor punts. It is the entire team.

None of our super bowl teams have played like this and especially in December. This game was important for that confidence to be real for me.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Have to totally agree. The trend has been starting slow, and finishing strong in recent years. This year I attributed most of the ugly losses to injuries. Yesterdays game this team took a down right beat down, to a team that they should have beat down.
I'm trying to stay positive, because mathematically the team can still win the #2 seed (with some help). If they don't figure things out quick it will be a long off season for sure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":7mm7umdn said:
Yesterdays game this team took a down right beat down, to a team that they should have beat down.

I'm trying to stay positive, because mathematically the team can still win the #2 seed (with some help). If they don't figure things out quick it will be a long off season for sure.

Why should they have beat down the Packers, in Lambeau? A Packer loss yesterday ends their season. We went into Lambeau facing a desperate team with one of the three best QBs in football. The writing was on the wall that this Packers team was starting to turn a corner and play its best football of the year.

We will land the 2 seed, because Detroit will lose 2 of their next 3 at the least and possibly all 3, and 11-4-1 is still an outstanding year.

I guess what I am most concerned about is why this team just elects to hand wave games entirely this season. The loss wasn't a surprise against Tampa or Green Bay - just the manner in which they flat out didn't show up.

When we are on our game, we can beat anyone in the league but when we have been off good lord has it been hideous.

But I think Thursday we're about to unleash a lot of pent up frustration on Jared Goff and captain 7-9.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3g51gm5i said:
Sparkchaser737":3g51gm5i said:
Yesterdays game this team took a down right beat down, to a team that they should have beat down.

Why should they have beat down the Packers, in Lambeau? A Packer loss yesterday ends their season. We went into Lambeau facing a desperate team with one of the three best QBs in football. The writing was on the wall that this Packers team was starting to turn a corner and play its best football of the year.

The injuries to the Packers, and the health of the Hawks is why I thought they would win hands down. Yes, the Packers are playing desperate to make it into the playoffs. Seeing how Rawls and RW played against Carolina, I had hoped that was the turning point for the team. I don't think anyone could have predicted 6 turnovers

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
We were FAVORED in this game. There is a reason for that.

It isn't like fans are delusional for predicting a win, even Vegas thought we were the better team.

The defense finally recorded a single sack. The first one in 3 games. If that isn't a barometer then nothing is.

Not that sacks are the end all, but even mediocre o-lines are giving QB's way too much time and any defense will fail because of it.

djb28

Reaction score
The packers do not lose in December at home. They were ready. Maybe the team was still beating their chest so much from last week they didnt expect to get punched in the throat this week.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
djb28":2gd9zpav said:
The packers do not lose in December at home. They were ready. Maybe the team was still beating their chest so much from last week they didnt expect to get punched in the throat this week.

I'm not buying that. This is a veteran team and they know what's up. They are not consistently making plays, which is not what elite teams do.

Boycie

Reaction score
Largent80":3ct7rjck said:
For me personally, my confidence in getting to and winning this seasons Super Bowl has taken a big hit.

Having a good game, bad game scenario will not get a team far into the playoffs. It's that simple.

It isn't about RW, the D-Line, even poor punts. It is the entire team.

None of our super bowl teams have played like this and especially in December. This game was important for that confidence to be real for me.

This^

We need to peaking in performance now, and we are regressing. I still hold out hope, but man my faith in this current squad is taking a hit.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It was a poor game, poor performance and poor showing.

This was the Panther's playoff game last year without the come back. Team needs a spark, or dressing down, or something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That hardest part of yesterday's game for me to come to grips with, and I don't even want to use the word cause it's a terrible word to use for this team.

But I will anyway, we looked soft, on both sides of the ball. We let a banged up Packers team with one of the worst run games, secondary and a gimpy Rodgers walk all over us.

More alarming is this is now the SECOND time on the road in two games where we let the other team come out and punch us in the mouth and not respond. Looked like were were in quick sand, slow hands, slow feet, uninspired routes.

Soft. You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to type that word. But there it is, I see a soft team right now that's lost their nasty edge and identity.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vfeuwiq said:
That hardest part of yesterday's game for me to come to grips with, and I don't even want to use the word cause it's a terrible word to use for this team.

But I will anyway, we looked soft, on both sides of the ball. We let a banged up Packers team with one of the worst run games, secondary and a gimpy Rodgers walk all over us.

More alarming is this is now the SECOND time on the road in two games where we let the other team come out and punch us in the mouth and not respond. Looked like were were in quick sand, slow hands, slow feet, uninspired routes.

Soft. You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to type that word. But there it is, I see a soft team right now that's lost their nasty edge and identity.
What did 'soft' have to do with all those turnovers? 'Soft hands,' maybe.

One could argue we went 'soft' on them by not blitzing more but after they got out in front so far so suddenly, they had the luxury of mixing pass with run so it limited the D options.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":d1q1uzk2 said:
One could argue we went 'soft' on them by not blitzing more but after they got out in front so far so suddenly, they had the luxury of mixing pass with run so it limited the D options.

Rodger's eats blitzing defenses for breakfast. The way you beat him is to suffocate the pocket and get pressure with your front 4, of which we didn't do any of that the entire game.

How do we not get pressure with a supposed healthy Bennett, Avril and Clark against a mediocre at best Packer's line, THAT'S ONE DIMENSIONS WITH A TERRIBLE RUN GAME?

No excuses, pathetic soft effort all the way around, but especially by the defense.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Yes not getting to Erin was troubling but along the same lines, we did see a lot of snaps going to run stuffers Tony McD, Reed and Rubin.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q4nss6o said:
LeftHandSmoke":3q4nss6o said:

Rodger's eats blitzing defenses for breakfast. The way you beat him is to suffocate the pocket and get pressure with your front 4, of which we didn't do any of that the entire game.

How do we not get pressure with a supposed healthy Bennett, Avril and Clark against a mediocre at best Packer's line, THAT'S ONE DIMENSIONS WITH A TERRIBLE RUN GAME?

No excuses, pathetic soft effort all the way around, but especially by the defense.

This will probably sound like sour grapes but the holding they were getting away with was extraordinary. Watch what happens to Bennett on the first TD. I don't think they called holding on the Packers once. I can understand the defense getting frustrated.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Soft is a good word to use because it's true. Clark hasn't made a meaningful play in weeks. The entire line was allowing pass after pass and run after run to be executed. Zero pass rush. SOFT.

Offense? Please, SOFT.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2t7x1gcy said:
LeftHandSmoke":2t7x1gcy said:

I agree, the D line did look soft at the end, but it looked to me like perhaps it might have been frustration fro being held on literally every play. There was a lot that was nauseating about yesterday, but the lack of holding calls again was appalling.

I am very concerned about Bennett though, he definitely does not look the same since the surgery.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2rcogonp said:
Sgt. Largent":2rcogonp said:
LeftHandSmoke":2rcogonp said:

This will probably sound like sour grapes but the holding they were getting away with was extraordinary. Watch what happens to Bennett on the first TD. I don't think they called holding on the Packers once. I can understand the defense getting frustrated.

The refs were letting them play on both sides of the ball, so yes IMO it's sour grapes.

The Packer's didn't seem to have any problems getting pressure on Russell, with a worse pass rush than us.

Too much crying and complaining about the refs for my taste after losses by the players. That's loser talk.

Bennett may say he feels fine, but two games back he sure doesn't look fine to me. I don't see that gap burst off the ball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They are gonna' run the table and get that 2 seed. Not worried one bit. Especially w/back to back home games and the only road game left is against the brutal 39ers.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15yd99o3 said:
They are gonna' run the table and get that 2 seed. Not worried one bit. Especially w/back to back home games and the only road game left is against the brutal 39ers.

They had better run the table because that's a really easy schedule. My confidence is still on life support. And I'm thoroughly not convinced that this team will get the needed consistency to get in and win the super bowl.