Going Forward

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1yxve4iu said:
It was a poor game, poor performance and poor showing.

This was the Panther's playoff game last year without the come back. Team needs a spark, or dressing down, or something.

It certainly was a spit in the face. Which this team has not taken many of in recent years. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game. All they can do is press forward and play the cards at hand.

RCATES

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":3k02b711 said:
Uncle Si":3k02b711 said:
It was a poor game, poor performance and poor showing.

This was the Panther's playoff game last year without the come back. Team needs a spark, or dressing down, or something.

It certainly was a spit in the face. Which this team has not taken many of in recent years. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game. All they can do is press forward and play the cards at hand.

Exactly. With Detroit's remaining schedule and Stafford's injured hand we should have no problem getting the #2 seed by winning out. Once the playoffs start what happened this week against the Packers will mean absolutely nothing. 2 weeks rest and a game at the Clink will be awesome. Yesterday was bad but I still have no doubts about this team this year having a good chance of winning another championship.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Going forward we can say this team plays poorly in inclement weather. It will have trouble playing on the road in the cold.
It's not just Wilson because our usually sure-handed receivers and backs cant seem to grasp the damn ball before it bounced off their face.
Funny how the packers players were able to make tough catches or go up for a tall pass without difficulty.
Honestly, this weather wasnt as bad as predicted and yet it was in their heads moreso than the packer players.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":qkdegx8r said:
Been warning people all season about the inconsistency.

If you watch the games and honestly assess, you can see the issues.

The alarming thing is the inconsistency isn't talent related, it's motivation and preparedness related. Seems impossible for the team we've watched under Pete.

But there it is.

ptisme

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":ltas5494 said:
Going forward we can say this team plays poorly in inclement weather. It will have trouble playing on the road in the cold.
It's not just Wilson because our usually sure-handed receivers and backs cant seem to grasp the damn ball before it bounced off their face.
Funny how the packers players were able to make tough catches or go up for a tall pass without difficulty.
Honestly, this weather wasnt as bad as predicted and yet it was in their heads moreso than the packer players.
it was 31 degrees yesterday. Not cold. And we've had a warm fall. GB isn't used to playing in this yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, nobody seems ready to play in GB in December. They haven't lost a game w/Rodgers since 2008 there in December.

RCATES

Reaction score
ptisme":mcu56lcj said:
Russ Willstrong":mcu56lcj said:
it was 31 degrees yesterday. Not cold. And we've had a warm fall. GB isn't used to playing in this yet.

Wrong. It was 25 at kickoff with a windchill of 19.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xwwgd614 said:
Well, nobody seems ready to play in GB in December. They haven't lost a game w/Rodgers since 2008 there in December.

I'm fine with losing. I'm not fine with getting our doors blown off looking pathetically out of sync and not able to punch back............and punch back on a team that isn't even known as a physical team.

Big difference.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":sxxdt7sv said:
That hardest part of yesterday's game for me to come to grips with, and I don't even want to use the word cause it's a terrible word to use for this team.

But I will anyway, we looked soft, on both sides of the ball. We let a banged up Packers team with one of the worst run games, secondary and a gimpy Rodgers walk all over us.

More alarming is this is now the SECOND time on the road in two games where we let the other team come out and punch us in the mouth and not respond. Looked like were were in quick sand, slow hands, slow feet, uninspired routes.

Soft. You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to type that word. But there it is, I see a soft team right now that's lost their nasty edge and identity.

Soft, that is the question going forward. Is it coaching or players? Scheme or execution?

With the commercialized NFL today and all of the money we certainly have the players to execute a deadly front 4, but are they willing?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":161nu17b said:
RCATES":161nu17b said:
Yep!

Thursday night will be cold but hopefully not that bad.

It's a sorry excuse. It wasn't like the Viking game where both teams looked terrible in the cold, this was one sided. Rodgers was flinging it around just fine with their WR's making grabs all over the place.

Maybe Pete should have had the team practicing outside in the cold all last week instead of the bubble.

I don't buy any excuse where it's one sided. We were the ones that looked slow, slipped all over and couldn't get hands up in time to catch balls. Lame excuse.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6kfyoert said:
LeftHandSmoke":6kfyoert said:
RCATES":6kfyoert said:
Yep!

It's a sorry excuse. It wasn't like the Viking game where both teams looked terrible in the cold, this was one sided. Rodgers was flinging it around just fine with their WR's making grabs all over the place.

Maybe Pete should have had the team practicing outside in the cold all last week instead of the bubble.

I don't buy any excuse where it's one sided. We were the ones that looked slow, slipped all over and couldn't get hands up in time to catch balls. Lame excuse.
It's at least possible that RW stuggled early with the arc of the ball in that air and then (as someone posted earlier, somewhere) began to instead rifle-shot the throws - and it was those shots that went right through the hands of several WR's, the most glaring example being our most clutch guy, ADB, accounting for one of 3 off-the-hands interceptions. That ball ricocheted off Dougs jersey dead center between the 8 and the 9.

The conditions are not an excuse but must surely have been a factor to some degree.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2jwq8sba said:
The conditions are not an excuse but must surely have been a factor to some degree.

They were a factor, but only for one team. So I ask you why?

Green Bay practices in a bubble as well, so just because they live in GB and walk around in the cold all day between practicing and playing they're better acclimated to the cold?

It was cold here last week too, in the 30's. Maybe Pete should have had those guys out in the cold all week. Idk. Just a lame excuse to me when it didn't affect the Packers one bit. That screams we're soft and can't handle cold weather on the road.

Is that what we're admitting?

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14bi685t said:
They are gonna' run the table and get that 2 seed. Not worried one bit. Especially w/back to back home games and the only road game left is against the brutal 39ers.

I'm with this guy.

Going forward, I very much like our chances at getting that #2 seed, a first round bye, and a home game in the divisional round. And with that, I think we have a great shot of getting to at least the NFC championship game.

So yeah, in my opinion, "going forward" is looking pretty good.

ptisme

Reaction score
RCATES":3gthhq4y said:
ptisme":3gthhq4y said:
Russ Willstrong":3gthhq4y said:

OK, 25 is not cold...Players from neither team looked cold... I was there... Great football weather... Now Wednesday is will be minus seven actual.. That's cold...

ptisme

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tck81pm said:
LeftHandSmoke":2tck81pm said:
RCATES":2tck81pm said:
Yep!

The Seahawks practiced in the cold Saturday at Lawrence University and it was much colder here Saturday than Sunday....

ptisme

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":d3yptm81 said:
LeftHandSmoke":d3yptm81 said:

They were a factor, but only for one team. So I ask you why?

Green Bay practices in a bubble as well, so just because they live in GB and walk around in the cold all day between practicing and playing they're better acclimated to the cold?

It was cold here last week too, in the 30's. Maybe Pete should have had those guys out in the cold all week. Idk. Just a lame excuse to me when it didn't affect the Packers one bit. That screams we're soft and can't handle cold weather on the road.

Is that what we're admitting?
This is the first week its been cold here in WI.... It isn't because the Packers are used to it... And they do practice inside during the week...

Latest posts