Going Forward

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ptisme":i6t42rxi said:
Sgt. Largent":i6t42rxi said:
LeftHandSmoke":i6t42rxi said:
The conditions are not an excuse but must surely have been a factor to some degree.

They were a factor, but only for one team. So I ask you why?

Green Bay practices in a bubble as well, so just because they live in GB and walk around in the cold all day between practicing and playing they're better acclimated to the cold?

It was cold here last week too, in the 30's. Maybe Pete should have had those guys out in the cold all week. Idk. Just a lame excuse to me when it didn't affect the Packers one bit. That screams we're soft and can't handle cold weather on the road.

Is that what we're admitting?
This is the first week its been cold here in WI.... It isn't because the Packers are used to it... And they do practice inside during the week...

you're making my point for me, the cold is a terrible excuse.

Why I can't explain why we looked so lethargic and off. Slipping around, slow, can't get hands up in time, Russell's inaccuracy.

Just frustrating to see it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":ri0igy2d said:
For me personally, my confidence in getting to and winning this seasons Super Bowl has taken a big hit.

Having a good game, bad game scenario will not get a team far into the playoffs. It's that simple.

It isn't about RW, the D-Line, even poor punts. It is the entire team.

None of our super bowl teams have played like this and especially in December. This game was important for that confidence to be real for me.

I can see your point of view. My confidence in the team overall is shaken a bit.

I honestly didn't think they had it in them to get smoked like this. I thought that when we finally did see it, it would be due to multiple players on the defense aging a bit too much.

I thought this team was more physical and mentally durable than to be taking a 28 point butt whooping. All the teams in the league have been blown out multiple times since we've been blown out this badly. Now, that could just be luck on our part a bit, or it could signify something.

Chapow

Reaction score
ptisme":cedpbek8 said:
RCATES":cedpbek8 said:
ptisme":cedpbek8 said:
Russ Willstrong":cedpbek8 said:
Going forward we can say this team plays poorly in inclement weather. It will have trouble playing on the road in the cold.
It's not just Wilson because our usually sure-handed receivers and backs cant seem to grasp the damn ball before it bounced off their face.
Funny how the packers players were able to make tough catches or go up for a tall pass without difficulty.
Honestly, this weather wasnt as bad as predicted and yet it was in their heads moreso than the packer players.
it was 31 degrees yesterday. Not cold. And we've had a warm fall. GB isn't used to playing in this yet.

Wrong. It was 25 at kickoff with a windchill of 19.
OK, 25 is not cold...Players from neither team looked cold... I was there... Great football weather... Now Wednesday is will be minus seven actual.. That's cold...

We get it, you don't think temperatures that are below freezing are cold. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but guess what? You are in the minority. Most people consider it cold when the water turns to ice.

ptisme

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bzvpar9 said:
ptisme":3bzvpar9 said:
Sgt. Largent":3bzvpar9 said:
LeftHandSmoke":3bzvpar9 said:
The conditions are not an excuse but must surely have been a factor to some degree.

They were a factor, but only for one team. So I ask you why?

Green Bay practices in a bubble as well, so just because they live in GB and walk around in the cold all day between practicing and playing they're better acclimated to the cold?

It was cold here last week too, in the 30's. Maybe Pete should have had those guys out in the cold all week. Idk. Just a lame excuse to me when it didn't affect the Packers one bit. That screams we're soft and can't handle cold weather on the road.

Is that what we're admitting?
This is the first week its been cold here in WI.... It isn't because the Packers are used to it... And they do practice inside during the week...

you're making my point for me, the cold is a terrible excuse.

Why I can't explain why we looked so lethargic and off. Slipping around, slow, can't get hands up in time, Russell's inaccuracy.

Just frustrating to see it.
Every team lays a turd. The fact the Seahawks haven't is a credit to their greatness... I'll tell you the same thing I said a few years ago when a very good Packers team went down and got blown out of the dome by Drew Brees: Every once in a while a great quarterback will be hot and no team will stop them. It was a coincidence that it happened on the same day most other facets of the game were off for you guys... It happens...

ptisme

Reaction score
@Chapow

Those guys have it easy compared to the old days: they have heaters on the bench and wear big coats.. Much easier than the fans in the stands.... Kaep came up here a few years ago and the niners beat us in single digit weather.. I would also point out the Russel Wilson was very effective in cold weather in college at WI.... I'm saying: stop using 25 or 30 degrees as the reason you got outplayed and outtoughed... The team you played was the better team today and needed this win more.... Wasn't the damn weather...

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Not too worried if they bounce back and take care of business in the next three games. This team has some glaring weeknesses that were compounded yesterday in an avalance of terrible play. They can still right the ship and get going, but it's all on them.

Chapow

Reaction score
ptisme":gitn08o2 said:
@Chapow

Those guys have it easy compared to the old days: they have heaters on the bench and wear big coats.. Much easier than the fans in the stands.... Kaep came up here a few years ago and the niners beat us in single digit weather.. I would also point out the Russel Wilson was very effective in cold weather in college at WI.... I'm saying: stop using 25 or 30 degrees as the reason you got outplayed and outtoughed... The team you played was the better team today and needed this win more.... Wasn't the damn weather...

Wilson never played in cold weather in his 1 season at Wisconsin. The coldest game he played in, the temps were in the 40's, well above freezing.

I'm not blaming a 28 point loss on weather. The Seahawks played very poorly and the Packers played very well. There are many factors as to why that is and IMO, the cold was one of those factors. Maybe I'm wrong.

ptisme

Reaction score
Chapow":2fakibvb said:
ptisme":2fakibvb said:
@Chapow

Wilson never played in cold weather in his 1 season at Wisconsin. The coldest game he played in, the temps were in the 40's, well above freezing.

I'm not blaming a 28 point loss on weather. The Seahawks played very poorly and the Packers played very well. There are many factors as to why that is and IMO, the cold was one of those factors. Maybe I'm wrong.
I would say the field surface affected the game more than the temp. There is a big difference between turf and grass in winter... If you're not used to it....

Latest posts