McEvoy needs more PT

SlickRick

Reaction score
He has good hands, makes big plays. 13 million on Kearse wasnt a good move

Ozzy

Reaction score
Where are all the pro Kearse guys who killed me week after week? He should be playing over Kearse. It's not even close. I think he started eating into his snaps today and it will continue. Kearse dropping the catch and Tanner catching it for a Td on similar ball right after was too obvious.

hawk45

Reaction score
I admit I would much rather have Tanner high pointing a contested ball than Kearse.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawk45":26oq2d3u said:
I admit I would much rather have Tanner high pointing a contested ball than Kearse.
Tanner on a jump ball is almost like Jimmy G.
I dont blame the coaches and Russell for having faith in Kearse who made many difficult clutch catches for this team. It would seem Tanner more gifted because he makes similar catches look easy. We will need more in our playoff run.

blue 22

Reaction score
just saw that kearse is 0-12 with catches in the redzone.... :|

BUMP

sutz

Reaction score
I won't argue that comment. Kearse has been a bit of a disappointment lately, so his history is getting less weight in the decision, I think.

McEvoy has definitely earned more PT IMHO. If it really is about competition, that is. Now, I don't have a lot of knowledge about his on field blocking and such, and I know Kearse still contributes there. But Kearse wasn't the only WR with the dropsies Sunday.

GLio14

Reaction score
A damn shame. I like Jermaine. I really liked his game and his size but he's been struggling all season. So I agree. McEvoy has been a beast for the PT he's been getting so I think he should get some more burn.

blue 22

Reaction score
Just listened to pete's pisser. He said they made a note of how tanner played. Sounded like he was going to get more PT. :2thumbs:

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
I was ok with the contract given Kearse in the offseason and understood the reasoning. Yet I agree he hasn't played to the level of the past and there are now several players worth giving more time to develop. I truly believe that if he doesn't pick it up he could be cut next preseason.

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":3mbhxd69 said:
I won't argue that comment. Kearse has been a bit of a disappointment lately, so his history is getting less weight in the decision, I think.

McEvoy has definitely earned more PT IMHO. If it really is about competition, that is. Now, I don't have a lot of knowledge about his on field blocking and such, and I know Kearse still contributes there. But Kearse wasn't the only WR with the dropsies Sunday.

True. He is just the only one with the dropsies EVERY Sunday. 0-12 in the red zone this season? Are you kidding me? What does it take to give someone else a fair shot Pete? :roll:

HawkerD

Reaction score
austinslater25":3se4tiv7 said:
Where are all the pro Kearse guys who killed me week after week? He should be playing over Kearse. It's not even close. I think he started eating into his snaps today and it will continue. Kearse dropping the catch and Tanner catching it for a Td on similar ball right after was too obvious.

Give me my crow. I have been a supporter. Love an underdog story. McEvoy looks to have more upside. I agree that this could be an easy one for one swap except that we owe Kearse a lot of money. Only a $366K savings next year if we cut him and $3.7M in dead money. I think he probably keeps his roster spot but starts losing snaps.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
blue 22":rgea37iz said:
just saw that kearse is 0-12 with catches in the redzone.... :|

BUMP

Whoa! Knew it was bad, but not that bad. He got his $$$ and seems to have lost interest in competing at his best.
Not the first time that has happened in pro sports, and won't be the last...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Also agree McEvoy is looking for solid. Physically he's almost as tough a matchup as Jimmy. Would love to see them running routes together on the same plays. Could drive opposing team defenses nuts and further free up space for the run game, the long ball to Lockett, and more throws to Baldwin who is really developing a timing connection with Wilson.

Hawks46

Reaction score
austinslater25":36z1xfg1 said:

I've been on the "give McEvoy more PT at the expense of Kearse's snaps" for a good 6 weeks.

He's bigger, much faster, can high point better and can block just as well.

Plus, thinking about Graham, Willson and McEvoy on the field at the same time in the Red Zone makes me :drool:

Largent80

Reaction score
I've supported kearse and I certainly would like to see more McEvoy.

I just want to win games, however it gets done.

Latest posts