McEvoy needs more PT

Ozzy

Reaction score
HawkerD":2gi6m9br said:
austinslater25":2gi6m9br said:
Where are all the pro Kearse guys who killed me week after week? He should be playing over Kearse. It's not even close. I think he started eating into his snaps today and it will continue. Kearse dropping the catch and Tanner catching it for a Td on similar ball right after was too obvious.

Give me my crow. I have been a supporter. Love an underdog story. McEvoy looks to have more upside. I agree that this could be an easy one for one swap except that we owe Kearse a lot of money. Only a $366K savings next year if we cut him and $3.7M in dead money. I think he probably keeps his roster spot but starts losing snaps.

I agree he's on the team next year. There's still a lot of football left and I would love nothing more than for Kearse to prove me wrong the rest of the way.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I just went back and reviewed film of McEvoy at Wisconsin. Just as I had remembered; stud. I really really like this guy and his prospects as an integral role player on this team going forward. He's got an inportant future here.

I've supported Kearse as a hometown kid that has stones and made some remarkable plays that will remain a big part of Seahawk lore forever. But I'd rather see McEvoy inhereting/assuming Kearse's reps/role.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":hvov0h68 said:
I just went back and reviewed film of McEvoy at Wisconsin. Just as I had remembered; stud. I really really like this guy and his prospects as an integral role player on this team going forward. He's got an inportant future here.

I've supported Kearse as a hometown kid that has stones and made some remarkable plays that will remain a big part of Seahawk lore forever. But I'd rather see McEvoy inhereting/assuming Kearse's reps/role.

DITTO.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Tanner McEvoy is a special player. My adopt-a-rookie from the time they signed him as an undrafted free agent.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
McEvoy has fully earned in an increased role on this team. He's done everything asked of him-ST, throwing a pass, catching deep routes and blocking too. It's definitely time for his era to begin and Kearse's to wind down. I would love to see crossing routes with he and Jimmy over the middle. Imagine the LBs trying to cover both of them.