Week 12 Tom Cable Appreciation Thread

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
After today's heroic 3...4..5..6 sack performance and championship calibre pocket I am so glad we have the visionary leadership of Tom Cable. No one else can ensure so little from our franchise quarterback. Well done, solid effort.

I invite everyone to speak their mind in praise and appreciation of the mastermind behind some of our sub 10 point masterpieces this season...without whom, we might even have an extra two wins.

(And /s in case not obvious, I am (b) PISSED OFF(/b))

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is the only game played with THIS line. It's tough for them to play well with the constant turnover.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1nos4xzy said:
We are not winning JACK with this line.

No way in hell.

I get why they have to go cheap on the line, but it will keep holding us back.

Only 7 games so far. Not Jack though.

ducks41468

Reaction score
For all the hate that Bevell gets I'm pretty surprised at how well Cable has flown under the radar all these years. Bevell is merely inconsistent, but Cable's unit has been downright bad the entire time he's been here. Outside of Britt finally pulling his head out, all of these years have been a constant hodgepodge of UDFA's, D-Line and TE converts, and failed early round picks. The turnover is mainly because he's hardly developed or drafted anyone worth keeping beyond a year or two.

hawk45

Reaction score
A cable unit is capable of this kind of performance when healthy so with a key injury it's nearly inevitable.
At this point the blame is on Pete IMO and maybe john as well. They attribute some sort of acumen to cable that he does not possess.

mjf171

Reaction score
At least we have a mastermind offensive coordinator that can compensate for our deficiencies on the offensive line.
We are built on a very sound foundation on offense, it's clear that we can use this game as a springboard for future offensive success.
When one analyzes how an offense is built/developed, we're a case study in how it's done.
Really, lets all pat ourselves on the back for a job well done. Bravo.

bandiger

Reaction score
I'm kinda over complaining about this bullshit, like we keep quiet when they released Evans playing at LG instead of giving him the RG spot and just allowing the rookie Ifedi to play RT instead they had to keep starting garbage like Webb, Sowell, and some idiotic convert like Gilliam for two WONDERFULLY EXICITING years now but HEY GUYS who cares when they win but it still pops up in shit losses like this and probably the next WONDERFULLY EXCITING ENTRIGUEING Rams game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Cable laid the poop foundation for Bevell to build the poop shack on. They are a tandem and they need to be fired together.