Cowherd on Russell Wilson

mikeak

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1hvblrtj said:
I don't watch a lot of sports TV, but don't people always complain about this guy?

Some do

Others like me really like his smarts and insights into sports, society and people in general

He goes beyond sports but not talking about ketchup / mustard on hot-dogs like Mike and Mike

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't listen to him pretty much ever, but the few times he's been pointed out to me in a video much like this one it's hard to argue with the guy. In that video, he's dead on and I really don't see room for argument.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
And yet it still took 4 and a half seasons in the pros for an epiphany. He is spot on with his prototype dialogue. It is a major recruiting tool and RW really has no comparison. Do we have the true "UNICORN"?

davidonmi

Reaction score
cowherd is terrible. embarrassed himself with his laughable praise of sarkisian, even up until days before he was fired at USC

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1apa9gjq said:
I don't watch a lot of sports TV, but don't people always complain about this guy?

People complain about him because he's real and doesn't care about your feelings.

Which is what makes him the best.

Dismas

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2asxvcai said:
And yet it still took 4 and a half seasons in the pros for an epiphany. He is spot on with his prototype dialogue. It is a major recruiting tool and RW really has no comparison. Do we have the true "UNICORN"?

Cowherd has been a huge Russell fan since pretty much day one. Has always been ahead of the curve on that.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Just realised Cowherd looks just like Bill Hader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks46

Reaction score
davidonmi":19sk6l80 said:
cowherd is terrible. embarrassed himself with his laughable praise of sarkisian, even up until days before he was fired at USC

Not sure how it's "laughable". Sarkisian pulled Washington's program out of a dumpster fire. Peterson would never have come here the way we were before. Once he had something to build on, he jumped.

HawkGA

Reaction score
falcongoggles":jrpfv972 said:

I think everybody needs to be evaluated in context. When it comes to sports talk radio, I think Cowherd is one of the best. Does that mean he is brilliant? No. Does that mean he's never not an idiot? No. It means in the world of talk radio hosts, he's better than a lot of the other garbage out there.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":3g1qy5an said:
davidonmi":3g1qy5an said:

Not sure how it's "laughable". Sarkisian pulled Washington's program out of a dumpster fire. Peterson would never have come here the way we were before. Once he had something to build on, he jumped.

UW was hardly a dumpster fire that was a myth. That team went 0-12 because Locker got hurt and the team gave up on Ty.

The team Sark inherited had NFL players littered all over the roster.

Sark is and was a joke.

pmedic920

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1gg1re92 said:

Generally I can't stand to listen to him.
And this is a big reason why, he's jumping on, after a huge national TV win.

I love his current opinion of RW but where was he in RW's rookie year?
Why did he wait so long to pay the compliment?

He may have said some good things in the past about RW but it just as likely he hasn't.

He is the "prototype" of a talking head, IMHO.

Smellyman

Reaction score
To be fair he has been singing his praises for a LOOOOONNNNGGG time.

There are many examples out there, long before all the other talking heads begrudgingly admitted it.

[youtube]xiJ3jN-sjok[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2d76wfdv said:

Cowherd loves him some hyperbole, but I dig him. He is the one guy who will rep the NW cause he's from here, so for that alone I like him.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ld9z3hn said:
To be fair he has been singing his praises for a LOOOOONNNNGGG time.

There are many examples out there, long before all the other talking heads begrudgingly admitted it.

So cool, thanks for sharing