Russell Wilson Responds to Seahawks' Smear Campaign on ESPN

toffee

Reaction score

looks bad if FO approved of that ESPN article.
I don't think our front office has the authority to veto the release of this article. ESPN do not need our approval to do whatever they do. Some staffs from front office did provide some insight to the writer, or so he claimed, did those sources talked with approval from John?

toffee

Reaction score
WHO has more to gain by this article? Our front office sources basically confirmed that they have been trying to trade Wilson for a few seasons and justify that intent with Wilson's declining skills. The Russ camp were rewarded with being so wronged, the Hawks being so ungrateful.

So, ask yourself, does poor poor little so wronged Russ got more out of this article, or the we couldn't get rid of him soon enough big bad wolf gotten more? Follow the $$$.

But I must say that our front office was fairly unprofessional by releasing what they did, especially if they initiated the whole thing. On the other hand, if this article was going to be published and they were forced to defend themselves .... We shall never know.

chrispy

Reaction score
Reads a lot like the Broncos FO asked that beat writer to put out a take-down/smear piece himself....

80 hours from now, RW3 will truly be gone. There forward, the only time Seattle will be mentioned in the Denver/Bronco press is when they write, "Maybe there was some truth in their thoughts about Wilson."

...oh, one more thing. I hope Marshawn and Sherm are around for an interview on Monday night.

toffee

Reaction score
Reads a lot like the Broncos FO asked that beat writer to put out a take-down/smear piece himself....

80 hours from now, RW3 will truly be gone. There forward, the only time Seattle will be mentioned in the Denver/Bronco press is when they write, "Maybe there was some truth in their thoughts about Wilson."

...oh, one more thing. I hope Marshawn and Sherm are around for an interview on Monday night.
That interview will be really fun if we win!

m0ng0

Reaction score
Poor Russell!!! ALL he tried to do was get better and be a better teammate and that was just not good enough for mean old Pete and John,. And like a poor hobo in the night he had to hitch himself and his meager belongings into a rail car with his poor wife and kids and try and scrape out a living somewhere else, anywhere that would take poor Russell...sweet jeebus!!!!!!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Wilson took the high road. I think he sees the big picture. There are definitely going to be ill feelings when a team parts with a player of his caliber. Say what you will about him. He was the best QB this franchise has ever had. It's a shame it didn't last his entire career. Accept it and move on. Just appreciate what he did while he was here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Most of the sentiment outside of Seattle favors Wilson.

So whatever PR battle they are running? They are losing.

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson took the high road. I think he sees the big picture. There are definitely going to be ill feelings when a team parts with a player of his caliber. Say what you will about him. He was the best QB this franchise has ever had. It's a shame it didn't last his entire career. Accept it and move on. Just appreciate what he did while he was here.
Russ was so wronged, Pete the big bad wolf kept wanting to eat our little Red Russ' Hood. First by not callin' plays that will made him a MVP, then tried to trade him when he was at the children's hospital. Man, children's books will be written on how little Red Russ Hood was wronged.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Wilson is taking the high road by getting others to get dirty for him. Like Greg Olson tweeting last night that he told Wilson that Hawks should hire Ken Dorsey as OC at all costs but they didn't do it. Maybe he's better at playing the p.r. game that the Hawks have been but he's been far from the high road.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
People really care about this type of crap? Amazing!

IMHO: RW is just another former player, no more, no less. He is yesterday's news.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The premise of this thread, that somehow this ESPN article is team sourced is so horribly biased and misinformed it is ridiculous..

The media don’t need the team’s approval to publish anything and sadly all the media has done has published the truth as they determined it was.

It is sadly just the truth and not a smear campaign at all, of course any story has two sides.

RW deserves his version published but absent the spin of an alleged smear campaign. Often the truth needs to be explained to understand it’s real extent.

Frankly I could care less as RW is a freaking Bronco and I am a person who dislikes the Broncos for long held historical reasons.

I do however object to the characterization of any story being categorized as a smear campaign.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
Wilson is taking the high road by getting others to get dirty for him. Like Greg Olson tweeting last night that he told Wilson that Hawks should hire Ken Dorsey as OC at all costs but they didn't do it.
Totally Russ' MO, let the camp do the low down, so he could take the high road.

Victimhood is the name of the game,
and nice guys got washed away like snow in the rain.
There's been a load of victimiising
On the road to his horizon
But he's gonna be where the lights are shinin' on him
Like a rhinestone cowboy
Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo
Like a rhinestone cowboy

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Totally Russ' MO, let the camp do the low down, so he could take the high road.

Victimhood is the name of the game,
and nice guys got washed away like snow in the rain.
There's been a load of victimiising
On the road to his horizon
But he's gonna be where the lights are shinin' on him
Like a rhinestone cowboy
Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo
Like a rhinestone cowboy
Like a rhinestone cowboy... 🤔

keasley45

Reaction score
If you criticize OBVIOUS flaws in Wilson's game, you hate him.

If truth comes out about Wilson not being as chaste or uber talented as some would like to believe, it's a smear campaign.

Jesus.

Wasnt this rebutted article written and posted on a Broncos forum?

And they aren't biased?

Truth hurts sometimes. Doesn't make it a lie.

And I guess it's smearing when a FO actually says something in RESPONSE, to a player telling lies and smearing them?

What was what Russ did, called?

Last edited:

Latest posts