Cowherd: NINE 1st round picks for Russell Wilson!

toffee

Reaction score
Giants and team Russ on full court press? Colin Cowherd, an associate if not an honorable member of team Russ (john63 please confirm), opined that if he were Giants' GM:

I, as the general manager, would give you every first-round pick until he’s not a Giant,” Cowherd said. “Because by the way, if I’m keeping him for nine years, he’s winning a lot of games. He’s filling my stadium, he’s selling my merchandise, he puts me on television. Right now, the Giants are so bad everywhere except left tackle, one defensive tackle, a decent cornerback, a solid rookie wide receiver. They’re so bad everywhere, I would do it.”

Giants are on full court press for our Russ? Except that they don't have a GM at this point, which is a plus as Russ could name or at least help decided on which GM to hire, an Influences that Russ like to but didn't have in Seattle. Guess ownership of Giants could reach out to Russ, let him pick a GM for the team, and let that GM turn around and trade Cowherd's 9 first rounders for Russ.

LOL, Giant might as well hire Cowherd as GM and gave us those 9 first rounders, then sign Russ to a 9 year contract :snack: :snack:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01 ... ll-wilson/

John63

Reaction score
toffee":14og7wy2 said:
Giants and team Russ on full court press? Colin Cowherd, an associate if not an honorable member of team Russ (john63 please confirm), opined that if he were Giants' GM:

I, as the general manager, would give you every first-round pick until he’s not a Giant,” Cowherd said. “Because by the way, if I’m keeping him for nine years, he’s winning a lot of games. He’s filling my stadium, he’s selling my merchandise, he puts me on television. Right now, the Giants are so bad everywhere except left tackle, one defensive tackle, a decent cornerback, a solid rookie wide receiver. They’re so bad everywhere, I would do it.”

Giants are on full court press for our Russ? Except that they don't have a GM at this point, which is a plus as Russ could name or at least help decided on which GM to hire, an Influences that Russ like to but didn't have in Seattle. Guess ownership of Giants could reach out to Russ, let him pick a GM for the team, and let that GM turn around and trade Cowherd's 9 first rounders for Russ.

LOL, Giant might as well hire Cowherd as GM and gave us those 9 first rounders, then sign Russ to a 9 year contract :snack: :snack:

I read that but again that is him speculating again no quotes from anyone who would know. There has been speculation on Rodgers all season as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":3j8inm9v said:
toffee":3j8inm9v said:

I read that but again that is him speculating again no quotes from anyone who would know. There has been speculation on Rodgers all season as well.

Doinks want Rodgers, Gnats want Wilson.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3j49odbv said:
John63":3j49odbv said:
toffee":3j49odbv said:

Doinks want Rodgers, Gnats want Wilson.

Once in NY, Russ will fulfill his unlimitedness, a short caterpillar finally turn into a giant butterfly.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":zxxwxuzz said:

Thats simple just make Russ the GM as well LMAO!!!!

LTH

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":11a6dhkg said:
toffee":11a6dhkg said:

Thats simple just make Russ the GM as well LMAO!!!!

LTH
And eventually sell the team to him.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I assume this is tongue in cheek, Cowherd knows four years is the max number of years you can trade picks for.

Would you guys take the Giants two top 10 picks this year, and another two 1st rounders in 2023 and 2024 for Russ?

Terrible year for QB's, but it's a damn good defensive draft.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4smt6aax said:
I assume this is tongue in cheek, Cowherd knows four years is the max number of years you can trade picks for.

Would you guys take the Giants two top 10 picks this year, and another two 1st rounders in 2023 and 2024 for Russ?

How many 6th and 7th rounders can Pete and John trade those for.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3pqhwqab said:
Sgt. Largent":3pqhwqab said:

That number can't even be quantified. Infinite.

Calculation math

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uhcn6zwv said:

ABSOLUTELY.

kf3339

Reaction score
JustTheTip":8jqtprhr said:
Sgt. Largent":8jqtprhr said:

Terrible year for QB's, but it's a damn good defensive draft.[/quote

Pretty funny, but somewhat true. They would trade down for multiple picks in lower rounds. That is at least one of those high first rounders.

massari

Reaction score
toffee":jf15s6ar said:
Sgt. Largent":jf15s6ar said:

ABSOLUTELY.
ABSOLUTELY he says, not knowing how weak this coming draft is after the top 4 picks, and not having an actual plan to bring in a QB.

I've seen multiple draft analysts compare 2022 to the 2013 draft, and mention that after the top 4, guys would be graded as a late 1st round pick in most years. Makes me feel a bit better about the Adams trade, but the prospect of trading our elite QB, not so much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":1u4uxk26 said:
toffee":1u4uxk26 said:
Sgt. Largent":1u4uxk26 said:

ABSOLUTELY.
ABSOLUTELY he says, not knowing how weak this coming draft is after the top 4 picks, and not having an actual plan to bring in a QB.

I've seen multiple draft analysts compare 2022 to the 2013 draft, and mention that after the top 4, guys would probably be graded as a late 1st round pick in most years. Makes me feel a bit better about the Adams trade, but the prospect of trading our elite QB, not so much.

It's a risky trade for sure. Obviously.

But if you're looking for a bold way to see if you can rebuild the best defense in the NFL to get back to a SB in the 3-4 years left on Pete and John's contract?

It ain't easy to replace a top 10 QB. But IMO it's also not easy to rebuild a great defense and the run game necessary to be anything more than a fringe WildCard team with barely any picks. Which is what we are now.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
massari":3jkvzqgh said:
toffee":3jkvzqgh said:
Sgt. Largent":3jkvzqgh said:

ABSOLUTELY.

I've seen multiple draft analysts compare 2022 to the 2013 draft, and mention that after the top 4, guys would be graded as a late 1st round pick in most years. Makes me feel a bit better about the Adams trade, but the prospect of trading our elite QB, not so much.

Do you see us winning the superbowl in 2022?
Do you see us getting better offers for a 35 yo Russell next off season?
Do you enjoy being entertained with Russell exploring options again and again?
Do you enjoy a rebuilding process?

Boycie

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vty5fbt said:

If they could flip one of those 1sts in 23 or 24 for Huntley, and fill positions of need, then I would definitely look at it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The Giants have a worse OLine than the Seahawks. Yet Russ is ok being traded there. He wouldn't be going there to win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3gwacrus said:
The Giants have a worse OLine than the Seahawks. Yet Russ is ok being traded there. He wouldn't be going there to win.

Russ did not, and has not approved the Giants.

But then again, he put dumpster fire organizations like the Raiders and Bears on his list last year. So me thinks it's not about winning as it is about where he and Ciara would like to have their entertainment and commercial empire headquarters.

So he might OK the Giants because of NY.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russ would be better off with the Broncos but then they just lost their HC, not sure they will be as good defensively under someone else.

He is from Virginia. What about the WFT?

That team has a good WR and decentish defense.

That said, 4 1st round picks is a good #. We tend to blow them. Can we blow all 4?

Not sure. Maybe at least 1 would still pan out for us.

(Probably not at QB though)

More likely we package a few 1sts to try to move up to a top 3 position to get a replacement QB.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3m5fodvo said:
Russ would be better off with the Broncos but then they just lost their HC, not sure they will be as good defensively under someone else.

He is from Virginia. What about the WFT?

That team has a good WR and decentish defense.

That said, 4 1st round picks is a good #. We tend to blow them. Can we blow all 4?

Not sure. Maybe at least 1 would still pan out for us.

(Probably not at QB though)

More likely we package a few 1sts to try to move up to a top 3 position to get a replacement QB.
Game mangers are that costly, you can find them in second or third rounds.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

cheese22

Reaction score
If they could flip one of those 1sts in 23 or 24 for Huntley, and fill positions of need, then I would definitely look at it.

This would be one of the few possibilities that would soften the blow of trading Russ. I think Huntley is a bit of a younger version, as much as some people hate to hear that type of comparison. I'm not saying he's as good as young Russ. I'm saying he has a similar style.

Get a ton of picks for Russ. Use one to get Huntley. Bolster the trenches. Bob's your Uncle.

Btw-this offseason is shaping up to be a very good one for a rebuild.