Who has the stats on penalties called on Hawks vs other team

seabowl

Reaction score
I remember last year someone posted an incredible stat that showed the difference in penalties called on the Hawks vs their opponents and for like four years straight the Hawks had the worst differential. Does anyone remember this and if so do you know the site that posted them?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seabowl":20q15b51 said:
I remember last year someone posted an incredible stat that showed the difference in penalties called on the Hawks vs their opponents and for like four years straight the Hawks had the worst differential. Does anyone remember this and if so do you know the site that posted them?

I remember it, and it was staggering.

It makes Bruce Arians/etc. rants all the more stupid, and yet frustrating as officials clearly buy into his BS.

The story out there is that Seattle mugs the receivers, even though they play as technically sound as any secondary in the league.

Days like today make me cringe for the stupidity of the league.

knownone

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Seahawks have been the most penalized team since 2013, and their opponents have been the least penalized teams in that time span. The differential was something like 3 more penalties per game on the Hawks and 20 yards, and the breakdown for Hawk losses was something like 6 more penalties for 40+ penalty-yard differential.

I'm pretty sure Hawkblogger or Fieldgulls (maybe both) had a write up about it this summer. The current numbers are very depressing, and the correlation between losses and the penalty differential, even if it's legitimate, is very depressing.