Marshawn please come back

seabowl

Reaction score
If we are going to sit guys like Spiller and with Rawls not healthy for probably most of the year it may be a thought to bring Marshawn back. I know he said he's retired but he's a baller and I'm sure he wants to be out there. Yes our line sucks but if they can't make holes then we need a back that can. Thoughts?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
What's his cap hit if he un-retires?

peppersjap

Reaction score
You seriously think not having Marshawn was the problem tonight? I don't think we even ran the ball 10 times!

Vesuve

Reaction score
peppersjap":1nxh6k8q said:
You seriously think not having Marshawn was the problem tonight? I don't think we even ran the ball 10 times!

Marshawn posted below average number in his last year, last year. He was also injured.

You also need the support of an effective O-line.

If Lynch did come back nothing would change.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And yet, ever since Marshawn left this team has basically been little more than a wildcard team.

When this team belonged to Marshawn, we went to the SB. When it belonged to Wilson? We squeaked past a team in the wildcard game and then were shelled.

Marshawn CARRIED this team to 2 SBs and in fact, only lost the 2nd because our idiot OC did not give him the ball.

Marshawn would never come back but pretending he wouldn't make a difference is ridiculous. I love Wilson to death, he has shown toughness and ability this year - but giving him the keys to the team by taking it from Marshawn?? That made us worse, not better.

Wilson has done some amazing things, including that pass to Kearse to get us past the 49ers on 4th down. But Lynch kept most of the defense keyed on him so Wilson could work his magic. Without Lynch? We are a lot easier to beat. Opposing defense are a lot less tired and our defense ends up much more tired.

Because Lynch could get yards even with the craptacular OLs we had.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3up6yv1s said:
And yet, ever since Marshawn left this team has basically been little more than a wildcard team.

When this team belonged to Marshawn, we went to the SB. When it belonged to Wilson? We squeaked past a team in the wildcard game and then were shelled.

Marshawn CARRIED this team to 2 SBs and in fact, only lost the 2nd because our idiot OC did not give him the ball.

Marshawn would never come back but pretending he wouldn't make a difference is ridiculous. I love Wilson to death, he has shown toughness and ability this year - but giving him the keys to the team by taking it from Marshawn?? That made us worse, not better.

Wilson has done some amazing things, including that pass to Kearse to get us past the 49ers on 4th down. But Lynch kept most of the defense keyed on him so Wilson could work his magic. Without Lynch? We are a lot easier to beat. Opposing defense are a lot less tired and our defense ends up much more tired.

I bet you are gutted we didn't lose.

Smellyman

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":x77xwy7d said:

small small sample size diff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":al1wi6jj said:
TwistedHusky":al1wi6jj said:

I bet you are gutted we didn't lose.
I agree he seems to go against everything..Some points but ML time has passed and he needs to let it go.

erik2690

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2yiex2au said:

Since he left? He's been gone less than a season. What are you on about. We were also "just" a wildcard team in 2012. Also, Marshawn was here at the start of last year you remember that right? We were 2-4 at this point. And 0-3 in the games he got more than 15 carries in. That's a real weird cherry pick to somehow say only 2 of the years he was here count and just happen to be the SB years and then Wilson didn't win a SB in the half season window you are giving him. I mean that's crazy logic on so many levels. It's very odd to compare a 5+ year timeline to a less than a season timeline and then act like they are equal.

NINEster

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2nq45943 said:

Good post.

I wouldn't want to see it happen, but a top end blue chip RB would probably bring Seattle back to #1 seed status more than any other player.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Tell me Beast wouldn't have made a difference today? Yeah ok