KJ Wright please...

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I love the idea. I mean, come on. At this stage can any one of us say having KJ out there, even on his last legs, would be any worse than what we are seeing on gameday? He would be a unifying field general out there, especially for this crapfest that is our LB situation.
And, as a small followup - this stuff does work - look at AP coming back - and him rubbing off on the running game.

toffee

Reaction score
What's missing is leadership. Left with Bwagz.

KJ and/or Bruce? Exactly what the youngsters need. I'm all for it. Been saying we lack leadership since about game 1.25 ;)

I actually thought Kam might be more involved.... but I'll take what leadership they can scrape together at this point!
Kam can come back as coach but he can't or shouldn't play anymore.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Funny enough KJ talked a little about this on the radio today. From his own mouth, he's not coming back to play. He mentioned wanting to be on the roster as a sort of players coach, but that he wouldn't play in games. He said he tried to pitch it to Pete. IDK, seems like taking up a roster spot to do that is a little much, but maybe it's what these guys need. A veteran that would keep them accountable and be a presence in the locker room too. He just said to make him one of the inactives every week :ROFLMAO:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Speed may be an issue, both are ancient, Bruce is actually older. At the point, Bruce may still be a 4.9 kind of guy, but KJ might be a 5.1? ie Irvin is barely serviceable but KJ not as much? Could KJ be a silent lead by example type? Irvin can and will get into under performing youngsters' face, which is another consideration. Although I always felt that KJ has higher football IQ.
KJ WrightBruce Irvin
AgeJuly 1989Nov 1987
Draft class20112012
40 yards4.754.41
20 yards split2.782.57
10 yards split1.691.55
3 cones7.266.70
Wow Bruce and that 40..

SNDavidson

Reaction score
That's how he robbed that crack house, he just bolted around the room like the flash and then was out...

OP
OP
Hawkspeed

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I just read your posting and am bummed out...I checked your profile and postings and recognize you as having some really great comments that I have read and agreed with...

But, I think this negative comment is "out of line" with the sentiment of this original posting.

I am hoping that we can bring back some veteran free agents. I am really happy that our former 1st round draft choice Bruce Irvin is back home...it's a feel good story.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Me? I'm pretty sure he did get in trouble for that in the past when he was quite young, I love Bruce and am kidding, I guess people will find what they're looking for.