Chris Carson potential vs Marshawn Lynch determination?!

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm going to ask a basic question. I won't give my own opinion this time.

Do you think Chris Carson has much more consistent and serious injuries than Marshawn Lynch? Or do you think Marshawn Lynch played through the pain on a weekly basis for the love of his team and the love of football?

OK I LIED... I will give my opinion. I think Chris Carson is more injury prone slightly less sturdy bone structure, muscles, ligaments, tendons, etc than Marshawn Lynch... But I think Lynch played through a lot of pain. That's just my take... curious if anyone wants to give their thoughts.

Chris Carson seemed like the next Lynch but he just can't stay on the field in the same way, I think it's an interesting discussion.

PS: There is a reason they called him beast mode. But Chris Carson played so hard too so... I have questions.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think Lynch played hurt a lot..but injured?? No he was much more durable than Carson. I'd be surprised to see Carson continue to play his punishing style since his neck injury.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think the intense workouts Chris does probably adds a lot to his wear and tear. Tough dude.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think Lynch played hurt a lot..but injured?? No he was much more durable than Carson. I'd be surprised to see Carson continue to play his punishing style since his neck injury.
this isnt a knock on Carson but who was he essentially punishing with his running style? He hurt himself more than others, as well as others weren't really intimidated by him. The minute they crowded the box he was stopped most the time or met with a loss with his consistent dancing around behind the LOS. Hell teams gave AP more respect and game planning than they did Carson.

Carsons punishing running style at this point to me.. is him punishing himself. I feel for the dude, his body clearly can't take the running style he has in mind.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I love Carson just wish he would stop fighting for extra yards so much. It is killing him. When you have 2-3 guys on you, go down. That extra yard is not worth the wear and tear. Go out of bounds when you can, don't just try to pop that last defender.

Not saying go full 'S Alexander' on us, but be reasonable.

Anyone who ever had back pain knows, if you have back pain and you played any kind of football game - you get kudos. So if Lynch had back pain, and it looks like he did, totally understand he wants to lay down on the sideline between plays.

I don't like comparing the two because Lynch took hits but he also went out of bounds when it was smart to do so. And Lynch was Lynch, not fair to compare anyone else to him. He deserves to be in the Hall just for his yards after contact.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I love Carson just wish he would stop fighting for extra yards so much. It is killing him. When you have 2-3 guys on you, go down. That extra yard is not worth the wear and tear. Go out of bounds when you can, don't just try to pop that last defender.

Not saying go full 'S Alexander' on us, but be reasonable.

Anyone who ever had back pain knows, if you have back pain and you played any kind of football game - you get kudos. So if Lynch had back pain, and it looks like he did, totally understand he wants to lay down on the sideline between plays.

I don't like comparing the two because Lynch took hits but he also went out of bounds when it was smart to do so. And Lynch was Lynch, not fair to compare anyone else to him. He deserves to be in the Hall just for his yards after contact.
Really that's a great summary of CC and Lynch.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Carson is likely done. We need a Beast 2.0 to complement Penny. Thunder and Lighting combo to take pressure off the QB. Are there any Beast 2.0s coming up in this draft?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Lynch had 280 carries in his rookie year. Carson has never had that many carries in a season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Beast was built to deal out and take hits..
Carson?His body just is not and that's already been proven.
Carson is done anyway..Who wants that risk he has now?

toffee

Reaction score
Carson is likely done. We need a Beast 2.0 to complement Penny. Thunder and Lighting combo to take pressure off the QB. Are there any Beast 2.0s coming up in this draft?
We drafted Walker.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Um, beast was hyped and lucky Carson is un-hyped and unlucky?

I do think ML was just 25% stronger and meaner. Maybe 50%. BUT, he's also got a bit of a weak underbelly judging from a couple of his time offs, and kinda just the way he trains - IMO.

Long story short, ML wins hands down. Nasty dude. And liked it. ;)

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm thinking they get their bruising RB next draft class along with their QB of the future. Next year's QB Class is supposed to be pretty damn good, and with 4 picks in the first two rounds, don't be surprised if they use a 2nd rounder again on a RB two years in a row, especially if they really think they have a shot at Lynch v2

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Lynch is just built different. Look at them with their pads off. Carson has more of a "athletic" v-taper, and Lynch has more of a classic "strong man" build.

One is simply a more durable body type for the kind of punishing running style that they share.