Russ really slowed by injuries

seabowl

Reaction score
You can easily see how banged up Russ is with his lack of scrambling/running and even when he does run he's really slow. Hate to say it but I think this is how he'll be all season so get used to it. Oh what I'd give for the Russ legs of 2012/2013.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I think his speed has declined since his first few years in the league but I'm optimistic he'll be much better when he takes that obnoxiously bulky knee brace off later in the season.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2tjnkxlq said:
I think his speed has declined since his first few years in the league but I'm optimistic he'll be much better when he takes that obnoxiously bulky knee brace off later in the season.

Without injury speed should not decline when you are hitting your prime.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3tcu4d0u said:

He looked as fast as ever in the preseason. He also has said he works on speed training in the off season and felt he was faster than last year.

It's hard to speculate as he got hurt in his first game. After the knee injury he will be slower, both from the injury and from the brace he has to wear.