JS/PC played Russ and the entire NFL

sprhawk73

Reaction score
In hind sight, you have to admire JS/PC, they seemingly played the Russell Wilson hand perfectly. Russ was a needed piece to complete the Super Bowl winning team. The illusion was, just how good of a QB do you need when you already have the LOB and Lynch? Our offensive line sucked so we had to have a scrambling QB that could hold onto the ball, pass on the run and hand off to the Beast. Initially his height wasn't even a factor because being too short to see over the linemen wasn't a problem when he was always on the run.

His successes fed into his delusions of being an elite QB and became a detriment to the team, he hid our deficiencies by winning games we should have lost. PC and JS played right into his delusions of being elite and although we had to pay for it for a couple of years, the rest of the NFL did too.

So turns out, we just draft a couple of badass OL's, bring in Geno and it's about the same as having Wilson. Not really rocket science. We still won't get many points but enough to win some games. Develop protection and a run game and the means to find a real elite QB is at hand.

It's all pretty funny because Russ built his image as an elite QB, PC and JS played it cool, paid him as an elite QB and started shopping. Then the Donkeys bit.

Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score
Should have dealt him the year before and they would have gotten back much more. Then they would have played the NFL.

knownone

Reaction score
Russ is/was an elite QB. However, his delusions were about self-interest. He wants to build on his legacy, compete for MVPs, and pad his stats. Unfortunately, he couldn't do that here, given Pete's philosophy, so he forced his way out. But if Russ put the team first, he'd likely still be here. So I doubt Seattle foresaw or planned for this outcome.

I've said this a lot, but Geno's performance does not reflect Russell's ability or fit in the scheme. I mean, Geno may be a diamond in the rough with the potential to play at a near-elite level. So it's a backhanded compliment to assume both guys are a product of the Seahawk's system when we may have just lucked into a good QB that the rest of the league overlooked.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Geno is no 2nd or 1st tier QB regardless of what happened last night! He played well enough to win along with a billion other factors. We got a win but he is in no way the answer

John63

Reaction score
LOl best laugh I had all day!!

W

Welshers

LOl best laugh I had all day!!
Great to see you on this forum Johnny boy (aka deandc on the brocnos board)! I find it strange how you never made a single post about the Seahawks winning the game on here. You only came on to defend Russ without even mentioning a great win for the team you were a "fan" of. Oh and go ahead, post this on broncos.com as well, seeing as you spent all day yesterday posting posts from here on there

John63

Reaction score
Last 24 hours must have been tough for you
Not at all I got what I wanted as I said before. Seahawks won, Wilson played great and showed he could do all the things some of you said he could not.

Last edited:

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Not at all I got what I wanted as I said before. Seahawks won, Wilson played great and showed he could do all the things some of you said he could not.
Did people say he was actually "incapable"? Or that he refused? One of the only things I've seen anyone say he couldn't do is see/throw over the middle. Which he still isn't doing in Denver.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Like what? let the Kicker take the blame for him not coming through like an ELITE Quarterback who went to a team where he'd have a lot more SAY & that he didn't "HAVE TO CARRY"??? lolol
Hey..I have a Wilson #3 Seahawks jersey, I just can't find his #3, walk on water JESUS shoes.

Latest posts