Russ Broke My Heart

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Wilson just isn’t a top tier quarterback anymore and paying an exuberant amount in salary at his age with bum knees and a crooked digit is bad business. On any level. He will never win a Super Bowl in Denver he isn’t a dual threat as much as he once was. Geno is going to spank Wilson’s ass on Monday night 9 days from now and the Donkeys will leave town in tears.

toffee

Reaction score
Prostitutes in Amsterdam have more dignity than the OP
You meant Russian chicks? Most redlight districts in western European countries with legalized prostitution law have been dominated by Russian women for decades, women from former eastern European countries used to gave Russian competitors a run for their money, but with improving economy in their home countries, most packed and left. Leaving Russian women, with their home country suffering from lack of growth, as sole source of skins.

Not just in Holland, Russian women have been selling their bodies in India and China where blondes, umm, a novelty and locals willingly paid more. It sucks to be Russian men for the last few decades.

Wow! Very rude! Showing emotion is manly! Sad!
Well said, real men can cry, real men can watch chick flicks, it doesn't take a monster truck to define a real man, for that matter, real men wore pink shirts too.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
we are about to play our first game with no one from the SB era in over 10 years...and RUSSELL WILSON IS PLAYING AGAINST US. It has everything to do with the Seahawks and it kind of seems you are just nitpicking. This post is about the team changing and our feelings towards a guy that was huge for this city for a decade. he will come here to play AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS in 9 days time and it will be difficult to watch.

Russ always told us he wanted to be a Seahawk forever. Now he's telling that same thing to Denver. He sold the same snake oil twice.
I tweaked your post a little bit to help you adapt to reality.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Russ always told us he wanted to be a Seahawk forever. Now he's telling that same thing to Denver. He sold the same snake oil twice.
I tweaked your post a little bit to help you adapt to reality.
Yes and he broke my heart. It's the same as my first wife who said she'd be with me forever! Then she cheated with the babysitter who was also my stepbrother! Now they've been together for 30 years! Sad!

The point is denver is our step brother in this equation! Russ cheated! If he wins it with denver it will be to much to take! Hopefuly he sucks because I think he will. Sad!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Guys I am going to be honest here and make a confession. I had a breakdown today. I miss Russell Wilson and I miss him being a Seahawk. He was one of the most important Seahawks of all time and I can't take away the hurt. This Russell thing has been weighing at my heart every day since he stabbed us in the back. Honestly I would say this hurt is as bad as when I caught my first wife cheating with the babysitter.

I was so depressed because of Russ when I got home today my wife thought someone died. I told her I was mourning Russ and she got really mad at me being upset over a football player. She told me I'm a immature child and that she hates football. I tried to tell her that we won a SB with Russ but she laughed at me and told me to grow up. That just made it all hurt worse.

It just stings guys. I've been taking out my anger on Russell by posting here saying he sucks. I realize now that I'm like a spurned lover. Make no mistake, he will have a terrible year as I've predicted in the NFL forum. But it doesn't make me miss him any less.

I miss his cheesy pep talks. I miss the sight of him pumping up our guys on the sideline. I miss him scrambling and throwing incredible TDs. I miss him visiting the childrens hospital every weekend.

It's going to hurt so bad to see him come into our house wearing another jersey. After all the memories. I'm hurt guys. I'm really hurt. This really does feel like my first divorce.

Oh and before you rule nazis come in here to tell me this isn't Seahawk related: this thread is about one of the most important SEAHAWKS ever. and it is about me missing him being on the SEAHAWKS. yes I know he doesn't play here anymore but I wish he did.

Russell, you broke my heart buddy. You betrayed the city of Seattle. And you broke my heart.
I think your wife should demand a trade

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Welshers,

Back before Wilson extended, I wanted to trade him. Thought we trade him to the Jets for a boatload of draft picks in a sign and trade. (Not even sure if that was possible. Immaterial. We probably could have gotten a few draft picks by trading him ahead of the extension regardless. Whether we could have gotten Mahomes or not is up for debate, but I think so. Never thought Mahomes would be as great, thought of him as a 'Wilson-lite' at the time. But it probably would have worked out.
So let's assume Mahomes wasn't an option because it skews things. Knowing what you know now, if you could have traded Wilson before the extension would you have?
I wouldn't. Because he gave us so many amazing moments in the years to follow.

That incredible pass to Tyler, against the Rams, with something like a 2% chance of success? Never would have happened. How many other incredible plays has he made since that extension? How many game winners?

Sometimes you have to just be thankful for the time you had, not lament what you didn't get. We got 10ish years of winning. That is more than we ever had before.

If we don't have Wilson, that likely doesn't happen. (Unless we got Mahomes. But we have no idea if Mahomes under Pete would be as good. Reid is a great offensive mind. He brought McNabb to the SB. It makes sense to project less success for Mahomes under a defensive-minded coach.)

So knowing then what you know now, would you do it again? I would.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary or helpful to take Welshers overly seriously on this, other than to just support him, and the rest of us, in venting and processing and getting whatever excess emotions we still have attached to Russell out of our collective system. Football, IMO, is THE most *emotional*, passionate game of any major sport. Fans, i.e., "fanatics" are certainly allowed to be emotional about the game and their favorite players.

When Russell threw "the pick" in SB49, I know I went through a lot of denial and needed lots of help with emotional processing, "Why??!!" and I'm sure others here did as well. Ultimately I came to see that play and outcome as an honest reflection of who and what Russell was as a QB at that time, in that system, with the predictable Bevell as his OC, and facing the minions of the evil genius Belichick. Also understanding Carroll's screwup in inexplicably leaving Marcus Burley inactive, while having schitt-for-luck to lose CB Jeremy Lane and DE Cliff Avril during the game.

Personally, I'm going to just learn from, and *enjoy* whatever happens with Russell Wilson in a Broncos uni, because it will reflect the *truth* about Russell, about Pete, and I honestly don't care whether I'm "right" or "wrong", I'm excited to see what the *current truth* is, and to learn from it. If Russell sucks as a Bronco, I won't be gloating, but I'll be glad for the draft picks. If Russell leads the Donks to three straight Lombardis, I'll watch with interest and try to understand why it didn't, couldn't happen in Seattle.

My main prediction is that we'll get to see a lot of "gunslinger" Russell Wilson with the Broncs and that it will be very entertaining, at least for the next two seasons. I predict the Broncos will NOT win a Lombardi in the next two seasons.

Last edited:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Yes and he broke my heart. It's the same as my first wife who said she'd be with me forever! Then she cheated with the babysitter who was also my stepbrother! Now they've been together for 30 years! Sad!

The point is denver is our step brother in this equation! Russ cheated! If he wins it with denver it will be to much to take! Hopefuly he sucks because I think he will. Sad!
Got to take care of your woman if you want to keep her. We didn't take care of Russ, didn't give him an O-line that would protect him, didn't let him use all of his gifts, kept giving him sub-par OCs with bland schemes. Russ didn't leave us, so much as we took him for granted and pushed him away.

Russ gave us 10 years of great performances. He did his bit, but the Hawks mgmt. didn't do theirs. Now he's off with someone else, and we're alone, stuck with bums at QB, hoping maybe maybe maybe we can land another Russ next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tusc

So sorry, but I heartily disagree that team management or coaching was RW’s problem.

RW’s ego began to exceed his abilities on the field, and he wanted to be thought of as an MVP rather than a winning QB. He butted heads with the coaches when they they wanted him to play their several systems instead of Russell cooking or bombs away ball.

The last contract negotiations with the FO regarding guaranteed money or a guaranteed annual % of the annual cap were very caustic as were Wilson’s reactions to the team looking at Mahommes and Allan in those drafts, so he wanted out, and the trade talk then started. He had let the team know he wanted what he wanted or he wanted out. The FO did what was best for the team.

There is little doubt that the past few drafts except last year and this year have not worked out for the team with injury being the primary underlying reason so the draft haul from the trade is critical to the team’s ongoing prospects, but so far what we’ve seen from the players this year is positive.

Wilson did not want to be here anymore, so he’s gone, that’s life. His schtick was becoming tiresome anyway. He was great for the team until the league DCs figured him out. How he escaped and how to limit his deep throws was figured out, along with the reality he didn’t often throw over the middle or short, and he always held onto the ball longer than he should have done, with protection failure blamed on an OLine that was unfairly blamed. I truly loved him when he was here, except near the end when he became predictable. Perhaps he did not get the support offensively he needed to be truly great, yet he was a top tier QB regardless.

In the end it was the reality he didn’t want to be here that caused the trade along with what seemed to be eroding skills that ended his tenure here not the FO.

Last edited:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Tusc

So sorry, but I heartily disagree that team management or coaching was RW’s problem.

RW’s ego began to exceed his abilities on the field, and he wanted to be thought of as an MVP rather than a winning QB. He butted heads with the coaches when they they wanted him to play their several systems instead of Russell cooking or bombs away ball.

The last contract negaotiations with the FO regarding guaranteed money or a guaranteed annual % of the annual cap was very caustic as were Wilson’s reactions to the team looking at Mahommes and Allan in those drafts, so he wanted out, and the trade taLk then started. He had let the team know he wanted what he wanted or he wanted out. The FO did what was best for the team.

There is little doubt that the past few drafts except last year and this year have not worked out for the team with injury being the primary underlying reason so the draft haul from the trade is critical to the team’s ongoing prospects, but so far what we’ve seen from the players this year is positive.

Wilson did not want to be here anymore, so he’s gone, that’s life. His schtick was becoming tiresome anyway. He was great for the team until the league DCs figured him out. How he escaped and how to limit his deep throws was figured out, along with the reality he didn’t often throw over the middle or short and alaways held onto the ball longer than he should have doneI loved him when he was here except near the end when he became predictable. Perhaps he did not get the support offensively he needed to be truly great, yet he was a top tier QB regardless.

In the end it was the reality he didn’t want to be here that caused the trade along with what seemed to be eroding skills that ended his tenure here not the FO.
Jammer, I believe we should re-visit this topic at the end of the year. I disagree about Russ not being MVP caliber any longer, or having eroding skills, but that subject will have to play itself out this season with Denver. I agree that he did not want to be here any longer, and a divorce was inevitable.

Jac

Reaction score
Jammer, I believe we should re-visit this topic at the end of the year. I disagree about Russ not being MVP caliber any longer, or having eroding skills, but that subject will have to play itself out this season with Denver. I agree that he did not want to be here any longer, and a divorce was inevitable.

It'll be interesting. This offseason, Wilson has been measured against the ghost of Lock (among others) up to now. When the season starts, the media and the fanbase are going to measure him against almost unrealistic expectations (All-Pro, Super Bowl, Hall of Fame, etc.) Not to mention Manning.

toffee

Reaction score
I am of the opinion that Russell Wilson was never MVP caliber. He can justifiably blame Hawks' offense system, team philosophy, coaching etc., and he actively worked on trashing all that just for his pursue of MVP. But in the end, the TEAM was most successful when all players, including Wilson played within the system, reflected by his grading was lower in '13 and '14.

Russell is the MVP of RussBall, that, he is historic and will remain so for decades to come. In toffee's simple world, no basketball is more entertaining than the globetrotters, but few, or none NBA ring winning players played like the globetrotters. Did I enjoy Wilson running in circles breaking not one, not two, sometime multiple tackles? sure I did, but is that the way to win rings? so far it hasn't.

My 2 pennies.

toffee

Reaction score
It'll be interesting. This offseason, Wilson has been measured against the ghost of Lock (among others) up to now. When the season starts, the media and the fanbase are going to measure him against almost unrealistic expectations (All-Pro, Super Bowl, Hall of Fame, etc.) Not to mention Manning.
He is the rhinestone cowboy, with all the lime lights shinning on HIM.

On the road to his horizon
But he's gonna be where the lights are shinin' on him
Like a rhinestone cowboy
Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo
Like a rhinestone cowboy

let's ride.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Got to take care of your woman if you want to keep her. We didn't take care of Russ, didn't give him an O-line that would protect him, didn't let him use all of his gifts, kept giving him sub-par OCs with bland schemes. Russ didn't leave us, so much as we took him for granted and pushed him away.

Russ gave us 10 years of great performances. He did his bit, but the Hawks mgmt. didn't do theirs. Now he's off with someone else, and we're alone, stuck with bums at QB, hoping maybe maybe maybe we can land another Russ next year.
Love it..Maybe I need to look at Russ as a Woman?
He loves attention,drama,being manipulative,toys and power.
I'm now seeing what Welshers meant!(Sorry Bro)

Latest posts