I can't shake this feeling...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
... and maybe it's because I'm biased.

But I really believe two things happen this season:

1) Russell Wilson wins MVP
2) The Seahawks win Super Bowl 51.

Like, I know as fans.. we typically feel this way.. but even if I were a fan of another team, I just believe the talent level on this roster, the coaching (for the most part) and the hunger to get back on top will eventually lead to a great season.

Anyone else with me?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Clearly you're not reading enough 49er fan forums, Hasselbeck.

I'm with you, if we can consistently get pressure from the interior of the DL on 3rd down.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
I'm on board. I've had that feeling for a few months. It just feels a lot like 2013.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We've definitely got the talent. We also have immense continuity and expanded skill from our QB in multiple schemes. I feel like we have a lot more proven adaptability now, as well as better depth (except at DB), and that's what's got me excited.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1089rhif said:

Like, I know as fans.. we typically feel this way.. but even if I were a fan of another team, I just believe the talent level on this roster, the coaching (for the most part) and the hunger to get back on top will eventually lead to a great season.

Anyone else with me?
I think it's very very possible as long as they stay relatively healthy and the Coords on both sides of the ball stay aggressive with the play calling. The overall talent is there.

I kind of get the feeling like you do, but it isn't as strong as it was during the XLVIII year where I was telling everyone that would listen to me in spring camp the Hawks were going to win it all convincingly. I've never had a feeling about a Seattle sports team that was THAT STRONG, as I did that year. I predicted they'd win XLVIII by 12-15 points, I was 20 points off. 8)

I got a pretty good feeling about UW football doing some amazing things this year if the key cogs stay healthy.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hassy, there's no reason not to feel this confident. We will be in the mix, no doubt about that. Like I said in 2013, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy the ride. We all are pretty firm in our belief that we need consistent play from our offensive line to succeed. But we also had a sense of that apprehension in the same area in '13. We now have veterans in several key areas and our quarterback is the best in the league. And last but not least -- WE ARE THE 12'S, THE BEST DAMN FANBASE IN THE LEAGUE!

drdiags

Reaction score
"Do you think my baby is ugly?"

I guess I am that guy that says "Yes, your kid is brutal on the eyes.". I don't share your feelings. But I do hope you are right on #2. #1 would be gravy.

I like your optimism and inner fortune teller.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm pretty unbiased. As big of a Hawks fan as I am, I'm probably a bigger overall fan of the NFL.

It's very simple and clear cut to me. There are only a handful of teams that have a legit shot at winning the SuperBowl, and we are definitely one of them. I'm not sure I would go as far as saying we are the favorites, but if things go as I expect, then I don't see any reason why we won't be playing in the SB.

Obviously a lot of things can change between now and February. The one big key that no one talks about, is health. Reaching the SB is also part luck. We've been pretty lucky with injuries the past few years, hopefully that continues this season.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Feel the same way man. Last offseason was very bizarre with all the drama between contracts, holdouts, and SB hangover, this year feels good.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I think the people who are saying they do not think the seahawks can contend for a Superbowl are just putting it out there so they can play the "I told you so" game if they don't win it all. There is no reason to believe they won't at least be in contention, barring catastrophic injury that is.

Erebus

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11kjvklg said:
Hasselbeck":11kjvklg said:

Anyone else with me?
I think it's very very possible as long as they stay relatively healthy and the Coords on both sides of the ball stay aggressive with the play calling. The overall talent is there.

I kind of get the feeling like you do, but it isn't as strong as it was during the XLVIII year where I was telling everyone that would listen to me in spring camp the Hawks were going to win it all convincingly. I've never had a feeling about a Seattle sports team that was THAT STRONG, as I did that year. I predicted they'd win XLVIII by 12-15 points, I was 20 points off. 8)

I got a pretty good feeling about UW football doing some amazing things this year if the key cogs stay healthy.

I was that confident too. I was in a public speaking class in April-May 2013 and delivered a persuasive speech to get people to bet on the Seahawks to win SB XLVIII. All my arguments proved true.

I was almost that confident during this offseason, but the preseason has tempered my expectations a bit. I still think they will be a SB contender, and maybe even the most likely team to win it. However, I may be overreacting here, but the defensive depth (particularly LB and CB) really worries me to the point where I think they'll play like Cary Williams is still on the team if just one CB goes down. In 2013 I didn't worry about any position; depth was good everywhere.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I have to agree with you on BOTH projections

MVP and SB win!!!

M.M.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm foreseeing some serious risers on defense. I think some of the young guys from Clark through Marsh, Jefferson, Reed down to Elliott and Powell are going to spin some heads. And a fifth (is it 5th?) league leading PPG is in the offing. But this year, it's back to being intimidating.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We probably have the best starting line-up in the league with everyone healthy. We're at the very least one of the favorites.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'd like to agree, but my enthusiam is a bit stifled right now with the shuffled, green, unproven, not to mention missing Ifedi OL. Very beatable Guards really limit what Russ and the ground game can accomplish. It only takes one...Britt anyone? Add in the fact that Britt hasn't truly been tested at C and we are counting on Sowell suddenly becoming a good T based upon preseason, and well, I think you have the picture

We shall see. Miami DL should give us a good assessment of what we actually have.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

seabowl

Reaction score
Winning will depend on 3 things:

OL
DL
Bevell

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1cg3bose said:
I am in. I think it will be an up and down season but we find a way to get it done.

Hawks over Steelers in the Super Bowl.

That reminds me that I need to watch that Hawks/Steelers game from last year again. That was one of the best games I have watched in years.

If the Hawks stay healthy, they have the roster to win it all.