I can't shake this feeling...

dogorama

Reaction score
darthrep":27awnnvp said:
Laloosh":27awnnvp said:
Clearly you're not reading enough 49er fan forums, Hasselbeck.

..... el guapo ..... highly entertaining

Cruised thru there a couple of wks ago and there was a large part of a thread devoted to their ambition of beating the Seahawks in the last game and that loss keeping us out of the playoffs. I guess that is their version of a successful season these days.

How far the mighty have fallen and SO FAST, don't remember seeing a team fall out that fast, even my Huskies took a few years to find their bottom. #8 w/a bullet darth!

kearly

Reaction score
If Seattle spread teams out like they did in the 2nd half of last season then sure. But I think Pete has other ideas.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":2ypnsh4m said:
If Seattle spread teams out like they did in the 2nd half of last season then sure. But I think Pete has other ideas.
Not so sure I agree though not so sure I don't. I'm hopeful the Carolina game was an abberation based on Lynch returning. We'll know more day after tomorrow.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm definitely optimistic, but after 30+ years of fandom in this team, I still expect something to derail us, again... I look at 2013 as an anomaly. Remember how the stars aligned again and again, and then 10 more times that year? It was frickin' magical or something. The freaky ways that "12" kept coming up over and over again? It was weird. I remember a post in one of the 49er forums, alluding to a game we played against a team other than the 49ers. "Man... Watching the Seahawks play is like watching a football version of 'Angels in the Outfield', only in real-life!". Anybody remember reading that? I remember thinking "yeah, I know huh?". So while I have high hopes, I will always be waiting for the bad news... Just part of the DNA of a long-time Seahawks fan... :) That said, GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
If you're right, it's because the offense is absolutely loaded with talent at the skill positions. LOADED.

We forget that Paul Richardson was, like Tyler Lockett, a stud WR who carried his whole team and their crappy offense in college, and he's the fourth WR on the team. That's pretty absurd.

As for the backs, Michael is starting and Rawls is coming off the bench, and that's also pretty ridiculous. If Collins or Prosise breaks out, the offense has a chance to be unstoppable.

Even if the OL is only marginally better than last year, as long as our HC and OC can formulate decent offensive gameplans, this team should be scoring 27-30 a game with regularity. It doesn't matter if our defense regresses by a field goal a game if the offense performs like this.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry OP, the subject title demands it.

[youtube]zpOULjyy-n8[/youtube]

RussB

Reaction score
Not really bias. Lots of networks have the seahawks top 3 in power rankings and they have some of the best odds to win the SB.

Threedee

Reaction score
seabowl":31rc4h7k said:
Winning will depend on 3 things:

OL
DL
Bevell

Okay, well, one of those never comes through, so the other two are going to have to suffice. Especially the OL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":440jphow said:
Sorry OP, the subject title demands it.

[youtube]zpOULjyy-n8[/youtube]
Come on man!!!!!!!! :x :pukeface:
I think I'd rather get Rick rolled..... And that's saying ' a lot!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah geez nobody has a sense of humor anymore. :eek:hwell2:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":3typvxd3 said:
Ah geez nobody has a sense of humor anymore. :eek:hwell2:
LOL, it's just that crappy song will be stuck in my head for a week now. 8)

chet380

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":281pmatz said:
Cautiously optimistic. That is all the positivity my 30 years of Seahawk fandom will allow.

The tried and true approach -- since 1976.

GO HAWLS!!

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything to worry about. The Seahawks whip the fins in almost every stat category. As long as the whole team executes and doesn't screw up really bad with turnovers, the Fins have little to no chance....

kearly

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":npplktfp said:
kearly":npplktfp said:
Not so sure I agree though not so sure I don't. I'm hopeful the Carolina game was an abberation based on Lynch returning. We'll know more day after tomorrow.

Not just the Carolina game, but the meaningful snaps of preseason as well.

two dog

Reaction score
The core players are skilled and young enough to justify such confidence.

The large number of rookies is worrying to me however. It's asking a lot for
them to become good enough, soon enough for a Super Bowl push.

Of course the elephant, gorilla, beluga in the room is the crap shoot of injury.