How you feeling?

Rob12

Reaction score
First time in two years that I've watched some Sunday football and didn't get to watch the Hawks.

Sucked.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rob12":1313u9cv said:
First time in two years that I've watched some Sunday football and didn't get to watch the Hawks.

Sucked.

Yeah, better if the Hawks were still in it, but I must admit it felt relaxing to just appreciate good plays rather than dealing with the stressors involved with having ur team still in the race. Mixed emotions from the results of both games. Tired of seeing the Patriots in the SB all of the time, so that was good thing. Sick of crippled, weak and old Peyton hanging around well past his FB prime to build on his 'legacy.' As for the Panthers and Tards: I'm glad to see the 'new Sheriff' got sent home, but sorta sad for Fitz. I really don't have much of a problem with Cam's antics His teammates are very-enthusiastically following his lead and enjoying each other's company, so that can't be all bad. On the other hand, I would have been happy to see Harper and Shaq Thompson get sent to their sofas.

I don't think Denver stands a chance against CAR.

Zorn76

Reaction score
It was strange...but I just keep in mind that we could be right back in the SB next year.

Loved seeing the Broncos physically beat the snot out of the Patriots. Haven't seen Brady rag-dolled like that since SB 42 against the Giants.

Conversely, was surprised how badly Arizona played. I mean, geez, that was beyond ugly. We played a poor 1st half last week, they played worse all afternoon.

The Panthers were the better team to begin with, but Palmer looked like a deer in headlights all evening. Felt bad for Fitzgerald - guy deserved a shot at a ring. I could see Cards suffering a pretty big hangover from this one going into next season. It was historically bad, and they are getting older at some key positions. Back to the drawing board for Arians.

Daytomann

Reaction score
I felt fine about not watching the Hawks. They can't go all the way all the time lol!
As for yesterday's games...
Cam is s Super Douche and just gets on my nerves. I've never liked watching him play. The NFC game was meh...
I enjoyed watching Denver beat the turds that are The Pats.
I hope The Broncos win the SB but unfortunately that is unlikely.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Daytomann":ifd1x6uj said:
I felt fine about not watching the Hawks. They can't go all the way all the time lol!
Cam is s Super Douche and just gets on my nerves. I've never liked watching him play. The NFC game was meh...

Denver top to bottom is the better football team than Carolina. I have no idea where people are getting this idea that Carolina are these unstoppable world beaters. They got annihilated by us in the second half and Arizona looked awful all playoffs.

That Denver defense is unstoppable. They are #1 in the league for a reason, Denver found out real quickly what a #1 swarming defense can do in the Super Bowl, Carolina will find out the same.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We played really well the second half of the season (6-2, with us looking very strong in the wins and never really being out of it in the losses). However, that doesn't mean I expected a Superbowl out of this season. We were pretty mediocre in the first half of the season and we were dealing with some pretty significant injuries on offense (#1 receiving target Graham not being there, #1 and #2 RB injured heavily restricting our heavy run-based offensive style and of course PRich and Ricardo falling out and pretty much killing any WR depth after our first three guys).

We still made the divisional round despite our struggles. Of course it's hard to really be happy with a season unless you win the Superbowl but in hindsight we regrouped really well and had a respectable finish to the season. I'm more excited for next season than sad for this season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
AirStrike":1bpuiq36 said:
Daytomann":1bpuiq36 said:

Denver top to bottom is the better football team than Carolina. I have no idea where people are getting this idea that Carolina are these unstoppable world beaters. They got annihilated by us in the second half and Arizona looked awful all playoffs.

That Denver defense is unstoppable. They are #1 in the league for a reason, Denver found out real quickly what a #1 swarming defense can do in the Super Bowl, Carolina will find out the same.

Not sure how you can say Denver is better on both sides of the ball, but I'd agree with your last comment. Carolina is miles better offensively than Denver is. Is it going to be good enough against that defense ? It might come down to looking like our game against them: if Denver gets in a hole, it's over. They aren't built to come back from big deficits and score quickly.

It is very interesting what Elway has done with this team. After the Superbowl loss against us, they had a rebuild on defense and changed offensive philosophies to look more like us. They're the closest thing to us in the AFC, and I think their defense is better than ours was this year by a lot. I'm surprised by how much they've changed in two years, while still winning.

Largent80

Reaction score
I wasn't going to watch any, but felt compelled to root against N.E.

After all, we smashed Denver in the SB, even though they are old division rivals it was satisfying to see them win.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Watch both games on and off.. was interested but so early I was dozing during the first game, and actually semi working during the second.

Mostly I was ok with it..like others said, we cant win it all every year but I felt a little frustrated. A better first half last week and it was us beating up on a tired Palmer who seemed to sort of hit a wall a few weeks ago.

That coupled with that late FG in Atlanta in 2012..man.. we really werent that far off from doing the Buffalo Bills thing..4 Super Bowls in a row..but we would have won at least 1, likely 2 or 3.

Its ok.. but shows how every opportunity counts in the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was bittersweet yesterday for sure. I was bummed that it wasn't the Seahawks playing in Arizona where we would have dismantled the Cardinals again to a sure third straight SB. Why did we have to play SO poorly in that first half?!? Ugh.

I enjoyed every moment of watching Brady get battered like a pin ball. And anytime you can shut up that arrogant, mouthy Edelman is a great day. The Hell with the Cheatriots. It's too bad the Cardinals couldn't give the Panthers much of a challenge. I am looking forward to the Broncos #1 defense disrupting that smug Newton from his ridiculous celebrations. Act like you've been there dude.

Go Broncos.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am rooting hard for Carolina in SB50. As long as John Elway Horseface is part of the Broncos I will never root for them (though I have to admit being happy to see NE lose). He still haunts me from killing us in the 80's and 90's. Elway can't lose enough for me.

I respect Carolina. They beat us twice this year fairly and I don't mind their antics. I don't hate them like I hate Arizona, GB, the Giants and SF (at least the Harbaugh SF teams). The Hawks are going to have to deal with Carolina for a long time - Cam vs. Russell is the new great rivalry.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I considered last weekend as a bye for us, I feel empty not watching the seahawks and considering how close they have come after a weird season of ups and downs. I am not necessarily rooting for any team, but am looking forward to the next season already.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Better than i did after the Atlanta game Wilson's rookie year.
Nothing outside outside of XL was as bad as last year.

Bwarren

Reaction score
Watched the AFC game. Love it when the Pats lose and then they all go ape sh%t crazy. Just couldn't watch an NFC matchup I still believe we are more talented than just have struggled all season putting it all together at one time.

Daytomann

Reaction score
AirStrike":4yjl9j2l said:
Daytomann":4yjl9j2l said:

Nope. Unfortunately, I'm afraid The Broncs are gonna be reliving 2014.

Even with that being said....Go Broncos!!
I hope I'm wrong.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AirStrike":1bbslnvj said:
Daytomann":1bbslnvj said:

The only thing that is going to beat Denver is Peyton himself.He never has done well on the biggest stage,don't even go to the Colts win.That was their defense,they can still win if he just plays error free but thats hard for him

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":x030k2gg said:
AirStrike":x030k2gg said:
Daytomann":x030k2gg said:

The only thing that is going to beat Denver is Peyton himself.He never has done well on the biggest stage,don't even go to the Colts win.That was their defense,they can still win if he just plays error free but thats hard for him
As for the topic it sucks not seeing the Hawks.I know they are better than all but just had too many distractions all year.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Actually, I stopped watching football after Wilson's pick six last week.

I was super pissed off before kick off, and that play pushed me over the edge. I didn't watch the rest of that game and none of the Packers/Cardinals. Didn't watch any games yesterday either.

Don't know if I can even watch the Super Bowl - because I can not stand to see Cam Newton. I dislike that douche bag so friggin much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully by the draft I can welcome football back into my life.

Latest posts