The Seahawks have won 6 straight on the road

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That's cool! The 2005 team cranked off 6 straight road wins in regular season alone. HFA throughout the post-season prevented them from building on that.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
And given up one offensive TD in those 6 games.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3kxzz1lq said:
That's cool! The 2005 team cranked off 6 straight road wins in regular season alone. HFA throughout the post-season prevented them from building on that.
The 2005 'Hawks only won 5 road games in a row. They lost their first two road games and their last road game at Green Bay.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2mfrwk0g said:
Panthers are 11-0 at home dating back to last season

SUMTHIN GOT TO GIVE
That's a nice stat. Though, isn't this thread about the Seahawks road winning streak? ;) Makes you wonder if the Panthers are due to drop one at home, right? Perhaps this weekend!

Seahawks and Panthers have played some closely contested games. Panthers are a good team, but perhaps not as unbeatable as their record might suggest.

"The Seahawks are 4-1 against the Panthers (including playoffs) since 2012, with Carolina's only win coming in Week 6 of this season (27-23). However, 4 of those 5 games have been decided by 5 points-or-less."
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30000 ... to_gallery

Russell Wilson is 4-1 vs. the Panthers. Pete Carroll is 5-1 vs. the Panthers. When Bobby Wagner plays, the Seahawks have not lost to the Panthers. (He didn't play in the game earlier this year.) Last season when he was out, the Seahawks struggled on Defense and they dropped some games. Bobby is one of those players that galvanizes an entire Defense by his presence as well as his direct contributions on the field. Had he played earlier this year, no way Carolina wins that game.

This will be a challenge... for both teams.

kearly

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1j9ewdb8 said:

SUMTHIN GOT TO GIVE

Carolina's pass D is gonna give and give and give. Carolina's run D will play well, but I think this will be one of those games where Seattle can get one dimensional and still have success.

RW is 4-1 against Carolina and only had a viable rush attack in two of those games. On the flipside, Newton's only win came largely thanks to the running game picking up 10 rushing first downs. So if the run game ends up being a non-factor, which I'm guessing will be the case (Wagner was out last time), that favors Seattle.

I definitely think Carolina can win, but if they do, it will almost surely be a shootout unless Seattle shoots themselves in the foot 50 times. I think if both teams play mistake free then Seattle has an edge.

If Seattle can stop the run I feel pretty good about their chances. Wilson and Cam are comparable playmakers, but Cam will be facing a much, much better secondary with far weaker receivers to throw to.

My only big worry in this game is a Cam comeback. Seattle will lead in the 4th quarter. It's just a question of finishing, which has been hard for Seattle to do this season.

sutz

Reaction score
Not sure if that makes me feel better, really. It's been a bad year for our streaks. :34853_tinfoil:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
But... but... but... this Cardinals fan that strangely vanished after Week 17 told me the Seahawks stink on the road. :(

253hawk

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":16i2om8w said:

SUMTHIN GOT TO GIVE

So what do you think is going to happen for game #12?

Largent80

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":txsooehy said:

SUMTHIN GOT TO GIVE

0-3 vs. Seattle at home the last 3 years and 0-2 in the playoffs.