Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lose in NFC Championship

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Lose to Carolina

Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters

Russell4Prez

Reaction score
My emotions are mixed and I'm curious what everyone else is feeling right now. After Sunday's miraculous win vs. the Vikings, do you feel like this is a team of destiny or do you feel like we are living on borrowed time and it's all going to catch up with is before we reach the Superbowl?

Me? I hate to say it but I feel like we're just living on borrowed time. We're just too inconsistent and that's going to catch up with us when we play Arizona.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This is the fourth year in a row we have made the divisional round. That's ever since Russ started playing. We're 46-18 in the reg season and now 7-2 in the post-season including a SB win.

Do you even realise how amazing those stats are? With Russ at the helm we are destined for greatness. We have been perennial contenders ever since he came along and I feel like we will stay that way untill his retirement.

Believe in this team.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a fatalist, whether that FG miss becomes a key plot point in the telling of the SB50 story is down to the team. Here's hoping it does.

I like our chances.

erik2690

Reaction score
I don't think we are a lock or destined, but I also don't think this game is indicative of much necessarily going forward. I think we could easily come out crisp and potent in Carolina. I think we've looked great in 6 of our last 8 and 1 of those 2 was in elements that I'm just not sure I'm willing to judge much of the performance going forward on. I'm pretty hopeful about our Carolina chances. It goes without saying we have to play better on offense, but again I'm not sure this was a good game to read where we are.

AVL

Reaction score
I'm optimistic. The ball is bouncing our way. It's not pretty and nobodies perfect, by a long shot, but he, someone keeps picking us up.

I don't see us losing, but I'll probably stick my head in the sand a time or two. (dreaded cooler guilt complex)

Wilson's brain froze and we still won! Nice to have the D show up solid.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
This team is similar to the '12 team in many ways. Some aspects are great others are flawed. It depends if we can cover up our warts and get ahead. We have done better when we start fast are more aggressive. The days of stay close in the first half and grind them down with Lynch are over. He may not even play.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Who knows. This team doesn't. They can play lights out or flat. Depends on who shows up.

I still like our chances. Next game, please!

Optimus25

Reaction score
Jeez. So you have mixed feelings but COMPLETELY assume we beat Carolina?

Hilarious.

If we beat Carolina, there's no reason to fear Arizona. We would have won the first match up if the refs didn't completely take the game over.

retro74

Reaction score
All the remaining NFC teams should all be confident of making the Super Bowl, there's nothing between them

The fact that we KNOW we can do it rather than think it should help when we're in trouble. Others might have doubt creep in

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
"Team of destiny" is just a label given to a team who pulls out a series of improbable wins. It was trotted out there after we got lucky against the Cowboys in 2006 too. Then we lost in the next round.

We can still win the Super Bowl, but any perceived destiny has nothing to do with it.

OP
OP
Russell4Prez

Russell4Prez

Reaction score
Smellyman":2xa3a03i said:
lame poll.

Lame reply. Looks like someone is padding their post count. Is this how one gains "Veteran" member status?

OP
OP
Russell4Prez

Russell4Prez

Reaction score
Optimus25":ce0zccuw said:
Jeez. So you have mixed feelings but COMPLETELY assume we beat Carolina?

Hilarious.

If we beat Carolina, there's no reason to fear Arizona. We would have won the first match up if the refs didn't completely take the game over.

Well, I wanted to vote for all of the above, but I forgot to include that as an option. How's that for mixed feelings?

I just don't think Carolina is as good as their record. I think they are very beatable. I just don't think we can escape three games in a row like this.

...maybe I'm not as mixed as I thought.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't believe in hocus pocus team of destiny talk.

If anyone does, then the insane comeback last year in the NFC Championship against the Packers and then losing the SB the way we did should prove "destiny" is garbage. If any team was a team of destiny after that win, it was us.

I like our chances Sunday, that's as far as I'm willing to go. Should be a good game, but Russell needs to crank it up.

No more running the play clock down to zero looking tentative. I'm willing to give our offense a pass yesterday due to the conditions. But come out with that tentative look against the Panthers? We're gonna lose.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm very much in a 1-0 mentality after the team has gone through some struggles in two of the last three games. If Seattle smokes Carolina and Arizona keeps the Hawks from another frigid game, I will be on the destiny bandwagon.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Russell4Prez":j5fo83qw said:
...but I feel like we're just living on borrowed time. We're just too inconsistent and that's going to catch up with us when we play Arizona.
But that now means the down(ish) play of the inconsistencies are behind us and the upward and onward play is in front. That game (Vikings) was the less than stellar played game of the four games we'll play in the 2015 post-season. We win from here on out. Period.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kearly":ebm50xgd said:
I'm very much in a 1-0 mentality after the team has gone through some struggles in two of the last three games. If Seattle smokes Carolina and Arizona keeps the Hawks from another frigid game, I will be on the destiny bandwagon.

:13:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":20wu15p6 said:
Russell4Prez":20wu15p6 said:
...but I feel like we're just living on borrowed time. We're just too inconsistent and that's going to catch up with us when we play Arizona.
But that now means the down(ish) play of the inconsistencies are behind us and the upward and onward play is in front. That game (Vikings) was the less than stellar played game of the four games we'll play in the 2015 post-season. We win from here on out. Period.

I like when you post.
<<<<<

Latest posts