NOW we're even for the poison pill.

evergreen

Reaction score
It's a start. Losing hutch was monumental. We had a historic left side And signing Alexander instead made it worse. Plus they fleeced us on the Percy harvin thing but that was our fault.

drdiags

Reaction score
I can start healing a little from that loss, was a shocker and made me very unsympathetic to the Vikings cause. I probably still will hold a grudge until I do or Wilf sells the team but Hutch was a big boy. He helped the Vikings put the stake in the Seahawks and their fans heart.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":wgcuo5g6 said:
I can start healing a little from that loss, was a shocker and made me very unsympathetic to the Vikings cause. I probably still will hold a grudge until I do or Wilf sells the team but Hutch was a big boy. He helped the Vikings put the stake in the Seahawks and their fans heart.
Well said. Will never forgive the Viqueens or Hutch for that one. All parties concerned, including Timmmmmmmmay can go to hell.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
My God.

That fanbase has been through hell.

Feels fair to forgive them, considering.

This is a team that had Randy Moss and Robert Smith but somehow couldn't win. They are like the Mariners of football but worse because they sometimes trick their fans into thinking they have a chance.

It would be nice to see those fans get a winner in the years it doesn't impact our hopes for winning.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
I was at the game today. As we filed out, I ended up walking behind a guy in a Vikes Hutchinson Jersey. And I smiled on the inside as I thought about Karma.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
evergreen":3pe5mzo1 said:
It's a start. Losing hutch was monumental. We had a historic left side And signing Alexander instead made it worse. Plus they fleeced us on the Percy harvin thing but that was our fault.

Well maybe...I think it was Percy's fault. Good riddance.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
I was at the game today. As we filed out, I ended up walking behind a guy in a Vikes Hutchinson Jersey. And I smiled on the inside as I thought about Karma.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3csdppoi said:
? you mean XL...notta chance...

Minnesota stole Steve Hutchinson away from us by inserting conditions in his contract that were impossible for us to match (poison pill). With Hutchinson went our running game and Shaun Alexander's health. I felt it also hastened Walter Jones demise, because he pressed too hard trying to keep Matt clean with Hutch gone. 2007 and beyond held a lot of promise until that happened.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3gsmoiub said:
My God.

That fanbase has been through hell.

Feels fair to forgive them, considering.

This is a team that had Randy Moss and Robert Smith but somehow couldn't win. They are like the Mariners of football but worse because they sometimes trick their fans into thinking they have a chance.

It would be nice to see those fans get a winner in the years it doesn't impact our hopes for winning.

It was never about forgiving the fan base for me. The organization is another story. I have absolutely no respect for Ziggy Wilf. I suppose the fact that they never reached the SB with Favre and Hutch is poetic justice, but I won't forgive the org until, as someone else already mentioned, Ziggy Wilf sells the team to somebody with morals.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
evergreen":ys5fvdm3 said:
This. But their fans are the classiest I have interacted with in the last five years.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm so glad I live in a city with lots of Vikings fans. I actually can't wait to go to work this week.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1jbf3are said:
It was never about forgiving the fan base for me. The organization is another story. I have absolutely no respect for Ziggy Wilf. I suppose the fact that they never reached the SB with Favre and Hutch is poetic justice, but I won't forgive the org until, as someone else already mentioned, Ziggy Wilf sells the team to somebody with morals.

I have no beef with the players or the fans of the Vikings.

Ziggy Wilf can go to Hell.

At least Ruskell admitted in his parting speech that it was his worst decision as GM.

"I talked to my wife the other day and said, 'Let's look at that will again,' It says 'burial.' But let's go for 'cremation' -- so they won't be able to write 'Here lies the man that lost Hutch' on my tombstone."

- Tim Ruskell

BlueTalon

Reaction score
He didn't exactly admit it was his worst decision, he just made the point that it was his most infamous. In my own distinctly minority opinion, the Hutch thing wasn't Ruskell's worst decision given the circumstances at the time the decision was made. His worst decision was cutting Michael Bennet and choosing to keep an extra kicker on the roster.

But I agree with the thread title. This soul-sucking vikings defeat makes us about even for Hutch.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2vltbw97 said:
He didn't exactly admit it was his worst decision, he just made the point that it was his most infamous. In my own distinctly minority opinion, the Hutch thing wasn't Ruskell's worst decision given the circumstances at the time the decision was made. His worst decision was cutting Michael Bennet and choosing to keep an extra kicker on the roster.

But I agree with the thread title. This soul-sucking vikings defeat makes us about even for Hutch.

I can't agree with this because if Ruskell had re-signed Hutch, who knows what happens in 2006 and 2007, but undoubtedly those teams would have been much more better.

While cutting Bennett was a horrible decision, you have to ask yourself is he even the player he is today if he never went to the Bucs and is he even on this team today? Bennett could have done his three to four year service as an UDFA for the Seahawks and became an elite DE with some other team.

We don't know for sure at least not as much as we know the Offensive Line woes from 2006 to whenever would have been more stable with Hutch.