We are all on the same team

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm seeing all these "I told you so" threads on RW directed at people like myself who were fustrated by his play earlier in season.I understand but without better line play,a running game,defense and play calling he is not doing all these numbers of late.This is a TEAM effort all over but he gets the credit?If you believe that then he deserves the credit when things are wrong also.I'm very happy with the teams play of late and I root for ALL of our players to do well.So go ahead and keep doing those posts but remember we are all 12's and rooting for the HAWKS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":35b56sih said:
If you were quick to lay the blame at Wilson's feet, you can't turn around and then minimize his impact when we succeed.

And checkmate.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I so hate the term "12's". it is ridiculous! We are a very good fan base but when someone says they are a "12" I just assume they came on board when Wilson did. I'm not trying to be negative but I have dealt with the 12's all year and I would not discuss football for most of the year with anyone at work because they were "12's" and the sky was falling. I am a diehard Seahawk fan, I am not a "12". I do have multiple "12" flags but I am a season ticket holder and a Seahawk fan!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
peppersjap":1ih30s46 said:
I so hate the term "12's". it is ridiculous! We are a very good fan base but when someone says they are a "12" I just assume they came on board when Wilson did. I'm not trying to be negative but I have dealt with the 12's all year and I would not discuss football for most of the year with anyone at work because they were "12's" and the sky was falling. I am a diehard Seahawk fan, I am not a "12". I do have multiple "12" flags but I am a season ticket holder and a Seahawk fan!

Meh.

I thought being a "12th Man" was super corny. After all, there are women, children, daughters, wives, mothers who are also diehard Seahawks fans so for that reason alone I thought "The 12th Man" was a corny label.

Then came "12's". Ah. I get it. Texas A&M had a hard on about our usage of the term, in fact we had to PAY THEM MONEY each year for the rights to use the term. Absurd. Finally the Seahawks realized we not only do not have to pay them money anymore but we could change the term where it includes EVERYONE in one simple term.

Brilliant.

I am a proud "12" and have been for 40 years now so what's your point?

Rob12

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3ug26mdg said:
IndyHawk":3ug26mdg said:
I'm seeing all these "I told you so" threads on RW directed at people like myself who were fustrated by his play earlier in season.I understand but without better line play,a running game,defense and play calling he is not doing all these numbers of late.This is a TEAM effort all over but he gets the credit?If you believe that then he deserves the credit when things are wrong also.I'm very happy with the teams play of late and I root for ALL of our players to do well.So go ahead and keep doing those posts but remember we are all 12's and rooting for the HAWKS

If you were quick to lay the blame at Wilson's feet, you can't turn around and then minimize his impact when we succeed.

And that's what most do. Not all, but most. There's always a caveat thrown in there somewhere.

I have come down a bit on Russell in the past as well, but it's usually just frustration. And never have I not wanted him to be our quarterback. I caught myself getting pissed that he jetted off to Mexico during a bye week, but that was stupid of me because the personal lives of our players are none of our business. He's been playing this game at a high level for most of his cognitive life, so who am I to question how he prepares, or gets himself ready for Sunday's.

It would just be nice if people could admit they are wrong at times. It's not that hard to do. We're human, we make wrong judgments. A lot. But there are those posters that are the most active on the board when No. 3 is struggling. When he's on fire, their absence on the board is very conspicuous. This is especially evident in the Radish Gameday Forums.

Rob12

Reaction score
peppersjap":1jb5bm9w said:

Uh, okay.

Nothing wrong with the term "12's." It's what the players and coaches refer the fan base as. It might be a bit corny at times but to say you "hate" it?