Tornado reported in Anguish's neighborhood

Rocket

Reaction score
Let us know all is well, Bro, and keep your head down.

We had Noah Rain™ over by Felida.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
It appears that the storm cell went over my head, there was a period of intense rain and strange winds.
I thought I left this in Colorado. Be safe Clark County.

kearly

Reaction score
Yup, the Vancouver area gets about one tornado a year, it's weird how they always seem to touch down in highly populated areas each time. I remember a few years ago when a tornado went right down Hazel Dell, which is one of the more urbanized areas of the city. Right down mainstreet basically. Then the next year, it happened again. Same spot.

Hawks46

Reaction score
There were no reported injuries. Something like 30 houses damaged. Supposedly bigger than the one last year.

It's been a weird storm system. A house outside of Salem got struck by lighting and destroyed. 6 people in it, and no one got hurt.

Good thing I live in Vancouver, it seems like they always happen north of here.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Crazy, had no idea that WA gets tornadoes. Welcome to "Little Iowa"?

Anguish

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this one touched down almost directly in my back yard... Literally.

I own one of the original farmhouses here in Battle Ground, so we have enjoyed having property right in the heart of town, that has been a park like setting... until today. Basically all of my trees torn down, and those that weren't are heavily damaged by the others slamming into them, or basically tearing all of their branches off.

It looks like a bomb went off in my back yard. But, no one was hurt, and for the most part, no building damage occurred. The cleanup has begun. Some of which is pretty dangerous since I have half fallen trees all over the place and more pungy sticks than 1969 Vietnam.

It's been one hell of a year. Our house in Mexico, which is in the middle of nowhere, made news this year since Hurricane Patricia hit the little sleepy fishing village where it sits almost directly head on, causing a shit ton of damage, and again, leveling the entire jungle around it.

[youtube]mORXwciE3Lw[/youtube]

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
My condolences for your trees, and glad as hell that you suffered no other harm.
Not sure if this apples to apples, but our insurance sucked rocks on replacing trees.
Holler if I can help.
Rick

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Wow!! Damn man, glad you're safe and that damage was relatively minimal. That's so crazy.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Anguish":w81epink said:
Unfortunately, this one touched down almost directly in my back yard... Literally.

I own one of the original farmhouses here in Battle Ground, so we have enjoyed having property right in the heart of town, that has been a park like setting... until today. Basically all of my trees torn down, and those that weren't are heavily damaged by the others slamming into them, or basically tearing all of their branches off.

It looks like a bomb went off in my back yard. But, no one was hurt, and for the most part, no building damage occurred. The cleanup has begun. Some of which is pretty dangerous since I have half fallen trees all over the place and more pungy sticks than 1969 Vietnam.

It's been one hell of a year. Our house in Mexico, which is in the middle of nowhere, made news this year since Hurricane Patricia hit the little sleepy fishing village where it sits almost directly head on, causing a shit ton of damage, and again, leveling the entire jungle around it.

Well, the good news is that you have firewood for years now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anguish":3paozjjo said:

Dang Neil! Glad all your loved ones and buildings are safe. Sorry to hear about the trees and clean up.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
It was an EF1? Shit, we call that a light breeze here. Sucks of you aren't used to it though.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is OK. I live about 10 miles south. I remember hearing a couple of loud booms
right about the time of the tornado. No 'crackle, crackle, boom'. No lightning. Just 'boom', then two
minutes later another 'boom'. Rattled the house each time.

A

Anonymous

Woah, man.

Sounds eirily like when Hurricane Ike came through. Knocked down trees all around us, and right through houses on either side of us, but our house was left unscathed. Karma came around though, as a subsequent wind storm tipped a big one into the entry roof when all around us was fine. Didn't break off, the whole thing, roots and all, just peeled out of the ground leaving a crater.

Be mindful of the trees still standing alone now, as they no longer have the wind support from the ones that already have fallen. Standing alone, after having others grow around them, means it won't take as much to blow them over.