Darrell Bevell linked to BYU coaching job

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bronco Mendenhall just accepted the job at Virginia and there are already some early rumblings that a name on BYU's list to replace him is none other than our boy wonder at OC and practicing Mormon, Darrell Bevell.

Not sure if they'd be open to waiting until our season ends, but it's something to keep in mind.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/672917276308455426[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I've always said he's not a horrible OC, just that Russell Wilson could use a real creative type.

Would also like to see a guy who needs less than eight games every year to adapt to the blitz.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
polls_boy_dog_pray_4344_811988_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Seymour

Reaction score
One can always dream. Hopefully someone helps him through the interview process since he seems to keep failing these rumored job interviews year after year.

jkitsune

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":10obutky said:
4th best offense in the NFL

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings

Just a rumour and thankfully he'll be staying put, so we can enjoy many more threads like this. :roll:

I think it's incredible how much two great games will change the narrative (and the statistics) in a 16-game season.

About midway through the season, we were leading the league in drives ending with a punt, and worst in the league in the red zone. There were all sorts of additional horrific offensive statistics we could throw out there.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":2it29qck said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2it29qck said:
4th best offense in the NFL

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings

Just a rumour and thankfully he'll be staying put, so we can enjoy many more threads like this. :roll:

I think it's incredible how much two great games will change the narrative (and the statistics) in a 16-game season.

About midway through the season, we were leading the league in drives ending with a punt, and worst in the league in the red zone. There were all sorts of additional horrific offensive statistics we could throw out there.

Sure. And I'll just repeat what I've said before about the complexity of coaching this offense.

You've got a head coach who wants to be the best scrambling team in the NFL while preaching ball control. You have a 5-10 quarterback who is a great improviser and often chooses to move around instead of trusting the pocket. You have an offensive line coach who has complete control of the running game and the O-line personnel. The O-line, incidentally, was historically terrible to start the season. You also have the pressure of making sure Marshawn Lynch gets all his touches and providing the new shiny tight end who cost a first round pick with enough catches to avoid that being a talking point. And oh yeah, that tight end who doesn't want to and can't block? Yeah we're going to make him block because it's what we do.

Name me another offensive coordinator that has to deal with all this. Is it any wonder they started the season struggling?

And despite all of this, 12 weeks in they're the #4 offense in the league.

And everyone wants to replace the OC.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
English we beat the cowboys by two points. Defense esentially scored 14 points againt the cardinals

Hes not an idiot but lets not attribute the teama success to game plans.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":3bwa05h6 said:
English we beat the cowboys by two points. Defense esentially scored 14 points againt the cardinals

Hes not an idiot but lets not attribute the teama success to game plans.

This is exactly the type of response that makes me wish all Darrell Bevell threads were in the shack...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2i6dwbcv said:
This is exactly the type of response that makes me wish all Darrell Bevell threads were in the shack...

So you are saying his situational awareness has been spot on the first 10 games this season?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":amlqtlw5 said:
Id like to see Mike Shanahan come in as OC if he leaves. :D

Why, so he can ruin our offense like his son is currently ruining Atlanta's?

Look at his history. The man has left behind a trail of broken and angry quarterbacks, going back to even his Denver days.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1nvguhdb said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1nvguhdb said:

So you are saying his situational awareness has been spot on the first 10 games this season?

No. I don't recall ever making that statement.