An under-discussed bright spot of the season

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sheil Kapadia taking over for Terry Blount at ESPN. Seems to actually care about his job and puts out posts with some actual thought and insight . . . and re-watches tape! Incredible. Something struck me today that I really appreciated though:

You might notice that he thought I said "obvious" instead of "offensive" so the answer wasn't quite as expansive as I was hoping, but you get the idea. I will work on speaking more clearly next time.

You don't see this kind of acknowledgement very often. Love it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... e-steelers

So kudos to Sheil on a nice job so far.

Cartire

Reaction score
I still dont read anything over there unless its linked. But I cant imagine it was to hard to be better then Blount. He actively hated his job and made sure we knew it.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I recently discovered Kapadia by clicking on some link somewhere. But I ended up reading this article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... ell-wilson

Then I read some more stuff, and I found that I actually like this guy's articles...I was pleasantly surprised. My guess is that he knows nothing about car racing, but he sure knows a lot about football. The article above is well-written and I actually learned some stuff that I didn't know before. Good luck to Kapadia.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I thought this would be about the Seahawks. All journalists are turds.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Well, largely, but journalists are the medium a lot of us get to experience football. Especially outside of Sundays. Good to know that ESPN is providing Seahawk fans with somebody decent.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkGA":2g9cdtv1 said:
Well, largely, but journalists are the medium a lot of us get to experience football. Especially outside of Sundays. Good to know that ESPN is providing Seahawk fans with somebody decent.

I'm sure ESPN knew that Blount's articles received click counts that were close to zero. They HAD to get rid of that hack. I'm venturing over to ESPN a lot more since Blount left. I swear, Blount spent more time finding his weewee to take a leak once than he spent researching all of his Seahawks articles COMBINED. Dude was the worst.

Thank you ESPN!

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Stopped looking at espn after Blount, Kapadia is bringing me back. I will now click on it to read his writing. I view him as a good .net poster

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Kapadia is really good. Eagle fans were upset he left to take this job. He does a hit once a week on justin and gee, he's a good listen as well.