What I am afraid of...

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
The Hawks go on a run and win 6 of last 7 and go 10-6. They get a wild card and maybe win a playoff game. Pete will say everything is fine and the team just needed time to gel. Status quo next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
LOL, making the playoffs is such a problem. Geez, some people, afraid of making the playoffs, really?

I genuinely hope that no-one thinks PC or JS are not seeing the problems the team is displaying. Fixing those problems won't occur easily in the middle of the season. There needs to be some significant personnel change. some coaching changes may be likely as well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
"Oh gawd, I don't know if I could cope with another win..."

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what happens. Pete will never fire Bevell. The only way Bevell is not on this team if 1. Another team actually hires him as a head coach......HAHA Or when Pete retires from football. Then who knows Bevell may become our head coach.

Either way we are screwed!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1baf5ajj said:
The Hawks go on a run and win 6 of last 7 and go 10-6. They get a wild card and maybe win a playoff game. Pete will say everything is fine and the team just needed time to gel. Status quo next year.

In 1992 I would have cut off a limb for a 10-6 playoff caliber team, how spoiled we've become. "I only want to go to the playoffs if it's assured we have HFA and a SB caliber team."

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3d8dvhcz said:
Doesn't matter what happens. Pete will never fire Bevell. The only way Bevell is not on this team if 1. Another team actually hires him as a head coach......HAHA Or when Pete retires from football. Then who knows Bevell may become our head coach.

Either way we are screwed!
And Bevell should be back next year. He is hardly the problem.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
But if they win next year, that screws up their draft position in 2017.

C'mon man ... think!

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31r26k01 said:
WilliamCooper":31r26k01 said:

In 1992 I would have cut off a limb for a 10-6 playoff caliber team, how spoiled we've become. "I only want to go to the playoffs if it's assured we have HFA and a SB caliber team."

People who want the success without the journey really are something - 2013 and 2014 were roller coasters and 2015 seems to be shaping up as a similar journey but with worse results. I understand the idea that success breeds complacency and I agree a wee bit but actively hoping that we get a head check? No.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":gij294pj said:
Yea, that would really suck if we made the playoffs.

Once there was quite the "Suck for Luck" push on this forum. Now I guess it's "Suck for a Reason to Hopefully Fire the OC".

I gladly accepted the 7-9 playoff situation, and I will gladly accept any playoff berth, ever. 10 years without the playoffs, and 18 years without winning a playoff game. That's what I remember.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yea, I started following this team in 1986 and that year was torture because we were the hottest team in the league during the final quarter of the season, finished 10-6, but missed the playoffs. Then of course there was the 90s which was a decade of pure hell for this franchise. The way this season has gone, I would be ecstatic if they could land a wildcard spot.

razor150

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2lur3r1b said:
JSeahawks":2lur3r1b said:

haha! Yeah, rooting for the team to win is lame.

Not the point of his post. What he saying is if we start winning that Pete will use it to justify the status quo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
razor150":11eotf08 said:
HawkFan72":11eotf08 said:
JSeahawks":11eotf08 said:

Not the point of his post. What he saying is if we start winning that Pete will use it to justify the status quo.

That is the point, if we start winning what's your problem? Isn't that the point of playing, to win?

To actively wish we lose in order to change things that you don't like is insane. Winning is winning, who cares how we do it, or what personnel/coaches are involved.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2plkfv14 said:
razor150":2plkfv14 said:
HawkFan72":2plkfv14 said:
JSeahawks":2plkfv14 said:

That is the point, if we start winning what's your problem? Isn't that the point of playing, to win?

To actively wish we lose in order to change things that you don't like is insane. Winning is winning, who cares how we do it, or what personnel/coaches are involved.
Good post. I think there's a lot of people on here who would actually wish to see us lose so as to justify their constant thrashing of members of the coaching staff. How does that even come within a 10-foot pole of being considered a fan of a team? Especially when we still have a chance to make the playoffs. It's mind-boggling.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't think the thread starter wants us to lose and miss the play offs he is just worried that doing so might lead to more stubbornness from Pete. We have had the same issues going in to the off season for three years now but have refused to address them. Our offensive line is historically bad. Even over our by week when Pete and JS brought in 7 players to work out, none of them were offensive linemen.

timmat

Reaction score
I get the OPs point that regardless of 2015 outcome, we can't take our eye off the faults of this team in the off-season. But I still recall a time not that long ago where we had a playoff drought. Watching playoff football is so awesome, that as a fan I'll take it any way we can get it. And yes it's extremely far-fetched given what we've seen this year, but some borderline wild card teams have done some serious playoff damage fairly recently.

razor150

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vmt2l3t said:
razor150":1vmt2l3t said:
HawkFan72":1vmt2l3t said:
JSeahawks":1vmt2l3t said:

So let's say we end up in the play offs and we win a game, and Pete decides our offensive line is good enough, just like he has done in the past with the awful ones we've trotted out on the field. So he continues to not get the upgrades the Oline needs and then Wilson gets hurt and has a short career because of having to constantly run for his life. Was going 10-6 and a playoff game worth the cost of the continued indifference?

Things aren't so black and white. I would rather lose if it meant Pete finally got the idea that the players he and Schnieder have been bringing in for the Oline just won't cut it.

If he won't get it regardless, then yes I would rather win. If he has finally figured it out, I would rather win.

It isn't about wanting Bevell fired, or any axe to grind, I just want Pete to finally get it. He has a huge blind spot when it comes to the offensive line, and the line he thought was acceptable this year just proves the point. He thinks Cable can take a turd, polish it, and turn it into gold. Cable clearly can't do that.