What I am afraid of...

mrt144

Reaction score
timmat":25k0yv62 said:
I get the OPs point that regardless of 2015 outcome, we can't take our eye off the faults of this team in the off-season. But I still recall a time not that long ago where we had a playoff drought. Watching playoff football is so awesome, that as a fan I'll take it any way we can get it. And yes it's extremely far-fetched given what we've seen this year, but some borderline wild card teams have done some serious playoff damage fairly recently.

After the NFC CGs, how can any fan not want playoffs?

razor150

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rrnnovph said:
Yeah, making those dumb playoffs would just be horrible :?

Who said it would would be horrible?

kf3339

Reaction score
It makes no sense to hope the team loses, just so there can potentially be changes made this off season. I will root every game for us to win and go out 11-5 this year. I seriously doubt it happens, but that will not change my game plan.

None of us can change anything so the best plan is to hope for them to win and see what happens.

That is what every fan should be doing right now.

irocdave

Reaction score
I think some people /posters think getting a higher draft pick or even a coordinator change will make it all better. Sure it could, but more times than not it wont. The draft is a crapshoot, so are coaches. If the team can get in to the playoffs, it's the best thing for the team in the long run. Once in, you never know what will happen. All that's for sure is there is another game and hopefully another after that. RW could slip on a wet spot on the floor of the VMAC and bang his head and be out the remainder of the year. Yes, he is more likely going to get hurt behind this line but nothings written in stone.

Seymour

Reaction score
If we are not going to make the playoffs which would be a clear epic under achievement, then I would look to somehow make some serious progress getting back to form for next season. If I also knew that going .500 or below would mean that Bevell would be replaced with a better coach, I'd take that offer for the improvement. They call that sacrificing for the future, and the current offense is very difficult to even watch putting it mildly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd be ecstatic if the Seahawks win 6 out of 7. Making the playoffs is the goal. Should they find their way finish 10-6, then I like their chances for a Superbowl three-peat. If they win, that's all I ask for.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The goal should always be win every game if possible and to make the playoffs. I've never agreed with philosophies of tanking for higher draft selection or hoping for a season of underachievement in order to elicit favorable personnel change. I totally understand the OP's point that PC has essentially failed to address several obvious and dire needs for this franchise, but ultimately, teams that are contenders for the long haul will see and correct their deficiencies even in the wake of mild success, while teams that enjoy short lived glory will overlook problems. We'll see how PC responds.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There are things that Pete and Schneider can improve upon, but it's odd that people are acting like this hasn't been the most impressive regime in the NFL over the last 4 years and the greatest that the city of Seattle has ever seen.

They don't need to make overwhelming changes. Re-tool the OL, get some secondary help, look to the future, prosper. It is not time to blow up the whole operation. Crazy that people are already thinking this way.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Bevell is as responsible for the offensive woes as we all make it out to be, BUT I think he needs to be fired just as a statement and a way to start new. Because the longer the offensive woes continue with Bevell continuing to call the plays. The thoughts will change from Fire Bevell, to Fire Carroll.

mrt144

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3v8j7m9o said:
There are things that Pete and Schneider can improve upon, but it's odd that people are acting like this hasn't been the most impressive regime in the NFL over the last 4 years and the greatest that the city of Seattle has ever seen.

They don't need to make overwhelming changes. Re-tool the OL, get some secondary help, look to the future, prosper. It is not time to blow up the whole operation. Crazy that people are already thinking this way.

We can't pack enough seasons into a year to play out how it goes down. The brakes have come to a screeching ungraceful halt and that i think is what's making everyone so hot and hyper critical.

razor150

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2v4bx670 said:
The goal should always be win every game if possible and to make the playoffs. I've never agreed with philosophies of tanking for higher draft selection or hoping for a season of underachievement in order to elicit favorable personnel change. I totally understand the OP's point that PC has essentially failed to address several obvious and dire needs for this franchise, but ultimately, teams that are contenders for the long haul will see and correct their deficiencies even in the wake of mild success, while teams that enjoy short lived glory will overlook problems. We'll see how PC responds.

Nobody is saying "tank the season." The concern voiced is legitimate, that if somehow we start winning and eek into the playoffs that Pete will be satisfied to trot this same oline onto the field next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Schneider values picks, he also doesn't like top 15 and trades down for value, I think Pete enjoys the Coaching up to potential aspect and teaching as well. Our problem is we reach to far and try to create a Diamond from the rough, our rough is Coal not a uncut stones as far as O line though.

justafan

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":18mvt18d said:
The Hawks go on a run and win 6 of last 7 and go 10-6. They get a wild card and maybe win a playoff game. Pete will say everything is fine and the team just needed time to gel. Status quo next year.

You must have hated the beating we gave the Broncos then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who said it would be horrible? It's pretty much the point of the OP, being bummed they make the playoffs?

I don't know, matter of opinion I guess, but it's never a bad thing to make the playoffs.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2w1ictfr said:
JSeahawks":2w1ictfr said:
Yea, that would really suck if we made the playoffs.

haha! Yeah, rooting for the team to win is lame.
Come on guys you know that's not what the OC ment . This team needs a change . A retooling of sorts. And stumbling to the playoffs will maybe delay the realization that were not very good

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":2gz7pghb said:
"Oh gawd, I don't know if I could cope with another win..."

But what about the draft picks ? Think of the draft picks ! :twisted:

hawks85

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":tnql9rna said:
The Hawks go on a run and win 6 of last 7 and go 10-6. They get a wild card and maybe win a playoff game. Pete will say everything is fine and the team just needed time to gel. Status quo next year.
if we finish say 5-11 someone is gone next year. bank on it. my guess is bevell. richard will get a pass becuase its his first year as d-coord.

hawks85

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3g72jerq said:
If this team finishes 6-1 we'd all have a different attitude on the season.
depends brother. if we win because we were the better team then yes, but if we win cause of a bad call or something like that then 6-1 or not there would still be complaining and concern. i would be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkinNY":1lnum5ng said:
Doesn't matter what happens. Pete will never fire Bevell. The only way Bevell is not on this team if 1. Another team actually hires him as a head coach......HAHA Or when Pete retires from football. Then who knows Bevell may become our head coach.

Either way we are screwed!
John can fire DB, so can Paul Allen.

Latest posts