So let me get this straight

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Our next three opponents all have their byes before they play us. That is crap.... The Panthers had their bye earlier in the year before they played us. There are eight weeks where teams have a bye and during 4 of them, our opponents have their bye before they play us..

Total horse
338129 a pile of fresh horse manure on green grass

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It's not a conspiracy. It just happens by coincidence every single season. Just like refs bias. Nothing to do with anything personal. All just coincidental.

ringless

Reaction score
Teams win 52% of games coming off their byes.

So in essence you are getting upset over something that is negligible at best. Seattle is also off a bye which negates 1 of 3 games.

Also. Why not make Seattle play the in December when it's cold. And why make them only have to get on an hour flight to SF as opposed to making them fly somewhere like Cincy on short week to make it even more difficult?

There's a couple holes in a conspiracy theory which it is. Since there is no actual verifiable evidence that says it's anything more than that.

There are 31 other teams in the league that also have complaints about their schedule.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm not ready to say there's a bias against the Hawks.

BUT: The scheduling bias' favoritism of the east coast isn't even obfuscated. Teams in the west get hosed with the majority of scheduling nightmares. My favorite is the rule ol' Rog passed when he first took office that prevents east coast teams from having to travel west more than twice a year. This is why Pittsburgh hasn't played in Seattle for, what, like 11 years?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
nanomoz":34ebzq1f said:

BUT: The scheduling bias' favoritism of the east coast isn't even obfuscated. Teams in the west get hosed with the majority of scheduling nightmares. My favorite is the rule ol' Rog passed when he first took office that prevents east coast teams from having to travel west more than twice a year. This is why Pittsburgh hasn't played in Seattle for, what, like 11 years?
This!!

ringless: we have been on the road for Thursday night games four years in a row. Call it bias or whatever you want. I call it bullshit. Same goes for playing a bunch of teams coming off bye this year. Same goes for playing any east coast game at 10 AM Pacific. NFL should schedule all west coast teams playing in the Eastern and Central time zones at 4:00 PM Eastern/1:00 PM Pacific time. The NFL is NOT, I repeat NOT interested in a level playing field for west coast teams.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":1tbgdm5w said:
Also. Why not make Seattle play the in December when it's cold. And why make them only have to get on an hour flight to SF as opposed to making them fly somewhere like Cincy on short week to make it even more difficult?

Also . . . you haven't actually looked at our schedule OR you don't know that they are playing in an open air stadium in Minneapolis in December at 10 AM PST.

Why not play somewhere like Cincy on a short week? They did . . . after a Monday night game, they played at Cincinnati at 10 AM PST. That is further evidence that you have not actually reviewed our schedule.

Objectively, the Seahawks schedule is one of -- if not the -- most difficult in the league. The first half of the schedule was brutal for a team coming off of back-to-back Super Bowl runs: back-to-back road games at St. Louis and at Green Bay, and then back-to-back games against undefeated Cincinnati and Carolina. Five road games in the first eight weeks and four teams with an extra week to prepare for us coming off byes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Considering half the teams have 50% or less of a win percentage after bye weeks since it started, I'm not sure it's something to be worried about.

ringless

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1cz81vi4 said:
ringless":1cz81vi4 said:

Also . . . you haven't actually looked at our schedule OR you don't know that they are playing in an open air stadium in Minneapolis in December at 10 AM PST.

Why not play somewhere like Cincy on a short week? They did . . . after a Monday night game, they played at Cincinnati at 10 AM PST. That is further evidence that you have not actually reviewed our schedule.

Objectively, the Seahawks schedule is one of -- if not the -- most difficult in the league. The first half of the schedule was brutal for a team coming off of back-to-back Super Bowl runs: back-to-back road games at St. Louis and at Green Bay, and then back-to-back games against undefeated Cincinnati and Carolina. Five road games in the first eight weeks and four teams with an extra week to prepare for us coming off byes.

But now you get 3 straight right?

In addition 14 of your games are pre-determined years in advance. I mean as long as the divisions don't change. 40 years from now believe it or not your schedule will be the same as it was today with a 2 team variance.

Everyone has to play on that same short week twice at some point.

Patriots fans feel the NFL is out to get them because of Tom Brady
49er fans feel the suspensions they get are longer than anybody elses.
Seattle fans go with scheduling and Refs
Cardinals fans feel the Refs are always out to get them (every team in the league)

I just feel it is exaggerated. And yes, the league tries to create parity. The NFL model is built off trying to create parity through the salary cap and scheduling. Which is why if you finish first in the Division you then face the two other first place teams in the NFC divisions you aren't playing. South/East this year.

What I am saying is, they absolutely could have made the schedule even more difficult if they wanted... No?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I don't care about intent . . . I like it when the league throws everything they can at us.

Just don't deny the reality that the Seahawks have one of the most challenging schedules in the league.

ringless

Reaction score
Anyways you guys are back to back Super Bowl contenders. Really not much to complain about.

At the end of the day you guys have a great team, and have had great success. Don't nitpick the little things like this. Good teams rise to the challenge When you are having success embrace it. This is .Net, not the webzone.

Parity is suppose to happen. So far Seattle has overcome it.

Steve2222

Reaction score
nanomoz":1ffrt0mx said:

Ugh this is in fact false? Where the hell did you hear this. You are aware that the Ravens have played at Denver, Oakland, Arizona, and San Franciso this year right? Not just that, but they played at Den and SD in back to back weeks and at SF and at AZ in back to back weeks. The Ravens schedule this year has been brutal.

You know for us being a premier team in the league we as fans still have little mans syndrome. I thought we were finally past this woe is me attitude and moved on. Guess not. Let's go ahead and petition Troy Aikman to never call a game for us again. Oh that's right, that's already happened.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":11jpogtw said:
Anyways you guys are back to back Super Bowl contenders. Really not much to complain about.

At the end of the day you guys have a great team, and have had great success. Don't nitpick the little things like this. Good teams rise to the challenge When you are having success embrace it. This is .Net, not the webzone.

Parity is suppose to happen. So far Seattle has overcome it.

Acknowledging reality is antithetical to the Denial Zone.

It is far more marvin-esque to deny reality, i.e. that the Seahawks' schedule is one of the more challenging ones in the league, that they did play at Cincinnati on a short week, that they are scheduled to play in cold weather, etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3gz01qvv said:
I don't care about intent . . . I like it when the league throws everything they can at us.

Right, cause that's what the league office does in the off season..............focuses all of it's efforts on keeping the Seattle Seahawks down.

"Listen guys, we have a LOT on our agenda today. Greg Hardy choked the shit out of his GF, Ray Rice beat his up in an elevator, Tom Brady's deflating footballs, Bellicheck might be cutting coach's headsets off during games, London wants more games, we gotta move the extra point back, the competition committee has like 50 rule changes for next year.......................BUT WE'RE NOT DEALING WITH ANY OF THAT CRAP, WE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT THREE STRAIGHT BYE WEEK OPPONENTS FOR THE SEAHAWKS, HOW DO WE MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!!!

For real, the insane conspiracy crap that this forum cranks out on a weekly basis is mind boggling. Some of you guys need therapy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zzcei0e4 said:
hawknation2015":zzcei0e4 said:

Right, cause that's what the league office does in the off season..............focuses all of it's efforts on keeping the Seattle Seahawks down.

"Listen guys, we have a LOT on our agenda today. Greg Hardy choked the shit out of his GF, Ray Rice beat his up in an elevator, Tom Brady's deflating footballs, Bellicheck might be cutting coach's headsets off during games, London wants more games, we gotta move the extra point back, the competition committee has like 50 rule changes for next year.......................BUT WE'RE NOT DEALING WITH ANY OF THAT CRAP, WE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT THREE STRAIGHT BYE WEEK OPPONENTS FOR THE SEAHAWKS, HOW DO WE MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!!!

For real, the insane conspiracy crap that this forum cranks out on a weekly basis is mind boggling. Some of you guys need therapy.

Actually, my post was describing the exact opposite sentiment. I don't subscribe any motives to the league, although I know that Super Bowl teams generally receive more challenging schedules (New England, notwithstanding).

I think having a difficult schedule can cause a championship-level team to rise to the occasion.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The Patriots have just as tough as schedule as us...lets not complain...okay maybe not...Cheats 16-0

Chapow

Reaction score
Odd timing for a thread whining about scheduling bias against us. This is an awfully damn friendly stretch of the season for us.

We are coming off a week 9 bye. I'm sure some will disagree, but IMO, that's pretty ideal.

Our next 3 games in a row are at home.

Our next road game is December 6th. Our last road game was November 1st. We will have gone over a month without having to travel.

I wonder how many other teams get the benefit of not having to travel or play an away game for over a month in the middle of the season? Seems like they did us a pretty big favor. What a great opportunity for this team to get rolling and carry that into the final month of the season and the playoffs.

But nah, they're out to get us and totally went out of their way to make our schedule as difficult as possible. :34853_tinfoil:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chapow":1iga2298 said:
Odd timing for a thread whining about scheduling bias against us. This is an awfully damn friendly stretch of the season for us.

We are coming off a week 9 bye. I'm sure some will disagree, but IMO, that's pretty ideal.

Our next 3 games in a row are at home.

Our next road game is December 6th. Our last road game was November 1st. We will have gone over a month without having to travel.

I wonder how many other teams get the benefit of not having to travel or play an away game for over a month in the middle of the season? Seems like they did us a pretty big favor. What a great opportunity for this team to get rolling and carry that into the final month of the season and the playoffs.

But nah, they're out to get us and totally went out of their way to make our schedule as difficult as possible. :34853_tinfoil:

I think if anyone re-reads this thread with a modicum of rationality, anyone would see that not a single poster here has claimed there is a "scheduling bias."

It has been a very challenging schedule, though you are right that the mid-season bye is greatly preferable to last year's meaningless early bye.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I think a blind monkey with darts and a dartboard could do as good of a job creating a schedule as the guy who gets paid to do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2015":35i30bvw said:
I think if anyone re-reads this thread with a modicum of rationality, anyone would see that not a single poster here has claimed there is a "scheduling bias." .

The very first poster insinuated it's a bias, so this entire thread is ABOUT the supposed unfair scheduling.

Our next three opponents all have their byes before they play us. That is crap.... The Panthers had their bye earlier in the year before they played us. There are eight weeks where teams have a bye and during 4 of them, our opponents have their bye before they play us..

And being like #10 on most sites for strength of schedule isn't exactly a horrible schedule..........especially considering we played the Cowboys without Romo, Bears without Cutler......and 5 of last 8 at home, and one of those is probably the Steelers without Bell or Rapelessberger.

And maybe the conspiracy bias idiots aren't all over this thread, but you can't tell me it's not something that's permeating every inch of this forum on a weekly basis. Enough already, it's just annoying.

Repeat after me "the league doesn't give a rat's ass about the Seahawks, other than they're one of 32 teams in the league."