So let me get this straight

Chapow

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1yylwz2y said:
Chapow":1yylwz2y said:
Odd timing for a thread whining about scheduling bias against us. This is an awfully damn friendly stretch of the season for us.

We are coming off a week 9 bye. I'm sure some will disagree, but IMO, that's pretty ideal.

Our next 3 games in a row are at home.

Our next road game is December 6th. Our last road game was November 1st. We will have gone over a month without having to travel.

I wonder how many other teams get the benefit of not having to travel or play an away game for over a month in the middle of the season? Seems like they did us a pretty big favor. What a great opportunity for this team to get rolling and carry that into the final month of the season and the playoffs.

But nah, they're out to get us and totally went out of their way to make our schedule as difficult as possible. :34853_tinfoil:

I think if anyone re-reads this thread with a modicum of rationality, anyone would see that not a single poster here has claimed there is a "scheduling bias."

It has been a very challenging schedule, though you are right that the mid-season bye is greatly preferable to last year's meaningless early bye.

First, what Sgt. Largent said.

Second,

SalishHawkFan":1yylwz2y said:
It's not a conspiracy. It just happens by coincidence every single season. Just like refs bias. Nothing to do with anything personal. All just coincidental.

Do you not sense any sarcasm in this post?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk fans whine way too much.

We didn't lose to Carolina because they came off a bye. I guess the Cardinals should cry too since they technically have to play the Seahawks off a bye.

Of course we're the same fan base that put up a petition to boycott Joe Buck (who was calling a baseball game) and Troy Aikman for being too biased in a 13-12 win over the Matt Cassel led Cowboys. So no surprise.

Largent80

Reaction score
Panthers caught us with the defense not playing anywhere near where they now are. Color me NOT WORRIED.

Crizilla

Reaction score
oh boo hoo cry some more

if you cant beat a team coming off their bye what business do you have winning the super bowl

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":5x6yjrtg said:
Panthers caught us with the defense not playing anywhere near where they now are. Color me NOT WORRIED.

They've played the Niners and Cowboys.. I would hope they'd play well against one of the worst teams in football and Matt Cassel.

This week is a MUCH bigger test.

sutz

Reaction score
Almost every year, Seattle travels the most miles in the league. That's just geography. Not much we can do beyond moving some franchises around, and the league probably wouldn't move the Niners to Portland, Cards to Yakima, and Lambs to Spokane for us.

:229031_shrug:

Largent80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":23tymmyr said:
Largent80":23tymmyr said:

They've played the Niners and Cowboys.. I would hope they'd play well against one of the worst teams in football and Matt Cassel.

This week is a MUCH bigger test.

As I said before. The defense is s playing well regardless of whom we are playing. You sound WORRIED.

And lacking the needed confidence. I would also add that those were both road games.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
Steve2222":rsuqyfxw said:
nanomoz":rsuqyfxw said:
I'm not ready to say there's a bias against the Hawks.

BUT: The scheduling bias' favoritism of the east coast isn't even obfuscated. Teams in the west get hosed with the majority of scheduling nightmares. My favorite is the rule ol' Rog passed when he first took office that prevents east coast teams from having to travel west more than twice a year. This is why Pittsburgh hasn't played in Seattle for, what, like 11 years?

Ugh this is in fact false? Where the hell did you hear this. You are aware that the Ravens have played at Denver, Oakland, Arizona, and San Franciso this year right? Not just that, but they played at Den and SD in back to back weeks and at SF and at AZ in back to back weeks. The Ravens schedule this year has been brutal.

You know for us being a premier team in the league we as fans still have little mans syndrome. I thought we were finally past this woe is me attitude and moved on. Guess not. Let's go ahead and petition Troy Aikman to never call a game for us again. Oh that's right, that's already happened.
Just FYI the Ravens requested their west coast road games to be scheduled back to back just to get them over with.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawknation, I get what you're saying and I don't think that you were complaining, for what it's worth.

Lot of piling on in this thread (pun intended).

Hawkintent

Reaction score
I just don't understand why this isn't the Thursday night game this week. Both teams had bye so it wouldn't make for a short week. Does NFL look at that at all? And I don't think creating the schedule is an easy task with how much money networks pay.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":2p2un2mv said:
Almost every year, Seattle travels the most miles in the league. That's just geography. Not much we can do beyond moving some franchises around, and the league probably wouldn't move the Niners to Portland, Cards to Yakima, and Lambs to Spokane for us.

What about Coeur d'Lene Idaho???

:stirthepot: :thfight7:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Someone's always got to take it to the next level.

- "I wish it didn't rain so much in the PNW."

- "You think the rain is your problem? Your terminal cancer is more of a problem than the rain is and don't you forget it!"

- "Yeah, cancer! And while you're at it, why don't you move to California if you think that you're too good for the rain?!"

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sutz":2lyr4fs5 said:

Spokane might support the Lambs better than St. Louis.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3h9hhr1y said:
Our schedule is not our problem; we are our worst problem.

The sense of entitlement that comes with success is a problem for some fans, not just Seattle fans. The team has invested its blood and sweat in the process. They feel what they have accomplished and overcome. I just try to be grateful and enjoy the journey, knowing that football of this caliber does not last forever.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":77cxcxmk said:
HomerJHawk":77cxcxmk said:
Our schedule is not our problem; we are our worst problem.

The sense of entitlement that comes with success is a problem for some fans, not just Seattle fans. The team has invested its blood and sweat in the process. They feel what they have accomplished and overcome. I just try to be grateful and enjoy the journey, knowing that football of this caliber does not last forever.

You got it.

Go Hawks!

Latest posts