What do you guys think of Frank Clark so far?

Polk738

Reaction score
Just wanting to know everyone's opinion as I'm not sure how many snaps he's played so far and whether you think he's making an impact in the rotation.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are taking the slow approach like they did with Hill, a few plays here and there or a injury replacement I think.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Feels like a familiar story, although I can't name the specific player(s) if it is: rookie shows a LOT of promise in preseason, plays sparingly in the first half of the regular season, then is unleashed in the last few games and (hopefully) postseason. With Avril & Bennett, Clark is learning from a couple of the best in the business. Having young, fresh legs at the end of the year with his relentless motor could end up being a serious ace up our sleeve.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":3kvt4cev said:
They are taking the slow approach like they did with Hill, a few plays here and there or a injury replacement I think.

This. If really feels like they are holding him back some and letting him learn from two really top flight pro's in Bennett and Avril. I think he will be visible more in the 2nd half of this season. At least I hope so.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He needs to play more as he's starting to show up in highlights, In combo with Bennett, Avril and Irvin they bring a lot of pressure.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
A) It's hard to argue about getting Clark more time, when Bennett and Avril are having career years.
B) I think he's a second half guy. I think we see his snap count exponentially increase as the season goes on to keep Avril and Bennett fresh.

Rookie Pass Rushers always face a major transition. Clark's game is perfectly suited for the NFL and aligns with a lot of great all around DEs. He's quick with the power to overwhelm. I have huge expectations for him down the line. I much prefer his style rather than the new age college DEs who run 4.5 and rely strictly on speed. Bennett has proven that Quick-Power is by far the most rare gift of a DL and the best part is, that combination seems to age very, very well in the NFL.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's battled two or three injuries already, but thankfully not the season ending variety. I expect he'll make an impact before the season is over.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":36176ilh said:
A) It's hard to argue about getting Clark more time, when Bennett and Avril are having career years.
B) I think he's a second half guy. I think we see his snap count exponentially increase as the season goes on to keep Avril and Bennett fresh.

Rookie Pass Rushers always face a major transition. Clark's game is perfectly suited for the NFL and aligns with a lot of great all around DEs. He's quick with the power to overwhelm. I have huge expectations for him down the line. I much prefer his style rather than the new age college DEs who run 4.5 and rely strictly on speed. Bennett has proven that Quick-Power is by far the most rare gift of a DL and the best part is, that combination seems to age very, very well in the NFL.

Great post.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I kinda compare Clark to P-Rich last year, great pre-season but not as impactful in the first half as expected.............but came on strong in the 2nd half.

So I expect a big 2nd half of the season for Clark as he settles into the rotation.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's played better than people realize and gets pressure fairly routinely. He was even being double teamed at times this year which tells me the tape shows up on him. He hasn't gotten the sack numbers but his pressure and constant work has led to other getting sacks. I expect a late season push similar to Hill had last year. Good things to come from Clark.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think he looks kinda like a rookie playing on a very strong defensive line.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Got a real nice TFL on a run play just last week.

So far, he's being eased into the rotation. I would say it's more the quality of Bennett/Avril than it is with Clark's ability. From the snap count numbers, he's getting some work. But not consistent work. It does look like he's not being brought in reliably for pass rush packages. Can't say I blame the Hawks given how Avril and Bennett have performed.

If there were an injury to either, I expect Clark will get in a lot more. If Seattle didn't already have superior talent there in place, Clark would have had a much bigger impact. He's doing fine though and seems to hold up well when he does play.

Not disappointed in the least. Would like to see his snap counts increase to keep Avril and Bennett fresher. But understandably, with the tight games we've been playing -- we're required to keep the starters in more than perhaps we'd like.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1v5d8gf6 said:
I think we see his snap count exponentially increase as the season goes on to keep Avril and Bennett fresh.

Exponentially? No.

Linear vs exponential growth

Subzero717

Reaction score
Same as Cash Marsh. When they get their time they will produce. Limited opportunity with what's in front of them. Clark I believe is going to be extremely special in the near futute.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Honestly, I think Bennett is having a dominant year. He's been so damn good against both the run and the pass, and he's not tiring with his snap count, that it's really difficult to get him off the field in favor of Clark.

That said, it's hard to say what Clark's progression is. He had a nice run stop last week, but it's hard to get into a rhythm when your snap count is limited. We're seeing him get some more snaps due to Hill being out (for the nickle pass rush), but with Hill coming back, I'm wondering how much we'll see of Clark.

I'd like to see him get some reps this week. Dallas' OL is elite, and you learn more from going against better competition.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ivotuk":ampdqerd said:
Mtjhoyas":ampdqerd said:

Great post.

Dwight Freeney supports this message.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ub1d9di said:
I kinda compare Clark to P-Rich last year, great pre-season but not as impactful in the first half as expected.............but came on strong in the 2nd half.

So I expect a big 2nd half of the season for Clark as he settles into the rotation.

Did Richardson have a great pre-season last year? I don't remember that.