I'm feeling like we're still going to the playoffs!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Well, this might be a little premature at 3-4 but looking at other teams and the records around the NFC?

We have just as good of a chance at getting in As anyone. We're TWO TIME DEFENDING NFC CHAMPIONS !!!!! Our defense is still top 5 at this point and damn good.A top 15 offense IIRC ,I'll gladly take that half way through the season. We've collectively gotten used to a level of success that we've never had before. I know there are a lot of fans on here that only been following the Seahawks for the last 3-4 years , so there isn't much to compare for them. This isn't a dig believe me. It's just the truth of the matter. We're 3-4 with a lot of football left .8-8? 4-12? and this forum gets a lot lonlier, QUICKLY! I would hate to see this become reality.

Here's my chance to rape a dead horse.

....that was fun.

The offensive line is the biggest issue . If they could of blocked even adequately at the end of Cincinnati and Carolina , we get a couple of first downs and were 5-2 getting ready to face Dallas and a perfectly timed bye. The last few years we take those leads into the fourth quarter and the beast does the rest. I miss Giacomini and Carpenter . This line hasn't any identity , edge, anything to hang their hat on. Having a converted tight end and two college defensive tackles on the oline isn't cute any more.

I liked watching a 320 lb corn fed Alabama dude with dreads and a schizophrenic white gangsta who's helmet didn't look like it quite fit waddling up to the line with 5 minutes left and a lead. No matter the score, you knew what was coming.

I heard the coachspeak of " hey they're about there" and the ever popular " they're gonna be good the second half of the season !" I hope they're right. They have about two weeks until we're in the back half .

Because I too have gotten used to the only football team I've ever loved, being in the playoffs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I too think we will make it. Once we get there we've got a lot of guys with experience who've been in a lot of playoff games. I wouldn't want to play us.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Oh, we could still end up in the playoffs. We'll just have a January road game against a Packers team that looks like it won't lose another game. Until 2017.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Exactly. We just have to be good enough to get in. Were built for January.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":d9k0k9fi said:
Oh, we could still end up in the playoffs. We'll just have a January road game against a Packers team that looks like it won't lose another game. Until 2017.

I'll admit that the MNF game at Lambeau had a certain vibe to it. To me , I had a gut feeling that no matter what happened , we were going to lose.
But having said this , if it weren't for TWO free bullshit offside passes we still were in a position to win . Goodall was probably spanking it in the shower to discount double check winning the game.

If we get the opportunity to play them again in the playoffs ? I give us a punchers chance. Why not? Could you imagine beating the NFL's glory-child poster boy in dramatic fashion?

rjdriver

Reaction score
NFC west is very much in play. I like our chances and love the optimism.

capncrunch

Reaction score
rjdriver":7rhvp0ty said:
NFC west is very much in play. I like our chances and love the optimism.

Yes. It's hard for me to foresee Carson Palmer staying healthy all season. That could change everything if/when.........

cesame

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned making the playoffs is basically a certainty.

It's just what playoff seed they will end up with

With losses to GB and Carolina it's going to be tough to get a top 2 seed and a bye week

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
capncrunch":1puyala6 said:
Yes. It's hard for me to foresee Carson Palmer staying healthy all season. That could change everything if/when.........

Rest assured that stranger things than that have happened in the NFL!

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3hj5xdjz said:
capncrunch":3hj5xdjz said:

Rest assured that stranger things than that have happened in the NFL!

Yep. By week 12 there will be a team or two that the "experts" are at the present time lavishly worshipping that will be crashing and burning and OTOH a team or two that were collectively considered dead in the water, will be rising just in time for the playoffs.

Playoffs?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vm6orut said:
I too think we will make it. Once we get there we've got a lot of guys with experience who've been in a lot of playoff games. I wouldn't want to play us.
Yep!, and those that were fortunate enough to play us to a close 4th quarter win, got those close victories while playing a group with a couple, three of Deconstructed/Reconstructed O-Linemen that were having a bunch of misfires.
I think that they're growing more, and more competent as the Season wears on.
Here's to making the Playoffs :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It's great to see that there are some fans that still believe in the Hawks. It's just that there are so many "if only" games....... That phrase will be haunting us when we play Arizona on January 3rd.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm with you. Last game Lynch finally looked like Beast mode for the first time this year and the O-line looked like they were making progress in the running game. I believe this is where it starts. Success running will have a dramatic affect because it will change how defenses stack and play against us as well as give the o-line some confidence.

Other things that I see. Lockett was our top receiver last game with 5 catches and a TD and Clark looks like he is rounding into form. Graham also looked like we are starting to use him in the middle and the way he is suppose to be utilized. If Lockett Graham and Wilson continue to progress it will be very hard to cover Graham and Lockett without leaving several other capable receivers or RB's wide open.

I liked our use of the dump off last game to Jackson and that looks to me to be something that will continue as well as improve.

Luke Willson and Graham both looked good in blocking last game and hopefully that continues to improve.

Rawls just might be the perfect compliment to Lynch.

P-Rich and Lane should both contribute later this year and Hill will also be back.

We are about to run into a stretch where the learning curve and confidence really grow. This season started out with some huge challenges and those challenges were met with inexperience and lack of timing. Trying to gain confidence in the face of failure is extremely difficult. Now we have made it through the barrage of challenges and have learned from it. We can take that against lessor competition and apply it and the successes from that should grow confidence.

Besides all that their backs are now against the wall. Be weary when you corner a wounded animal. It can be very dangerous.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2wzlpdfj said:
It's great to see that there are some fans that still believe in the Hawks. It's just that there are so many "if only" games....... That phrase will be haunting us when we play Arizona on January 3rd.

Yeah it would be nice to not have to play out of the hole sometimes but that is what makes this game so much fun. If it were easy we wouldn't watch.

With all the crap I have read and heard about Seattle not being able to play on the road I am almost hoping for the wild card. Winning the division with the #1 seed is great but having a team that can beat you anywhere at anytime is probably even more pride induced entertainment.

Look at the amount of crap slingers we have seen already this year because of our slow start. We start slow every year under Carroll. It's not how you start it is how you finish. If we can pull it off and have a successful season after this start it will go a long way for future conversations.

RussB

Reaction score
Hawks should make the playoffs. Kam and lynch should get better as the season goes on and so will the rest of the team. I think they will get hot towards the end of the season and playoffs

Hawks46

Reaction score
cesame":1f1jruul said:
As far as I'm concerned making the playoffs is basically a certainty.

It's just what playoff seed they will end up with

With losses to GB and Carolina it's going to be tough to get a top 2 seed and a bye week

Pretty much where I'm at. We'll get in, but it will be a Wildcard at this point.

I see the OL progression. They're looking much better in both phases, now we need to split reps for Lynch a bit to keep him healthy, and get Wilson to settle down, trust his blocking, find 3rd reads and read blitzes. Seriously, if he could just read blitzes and make teams pay, we'd be damn near unstoppable on offense.

I'm not sure if the defense is shaping up to be good for a deep playoff run. We just gave Carolina a ton of confidence. GB beat us, but not all that badly and we had a ton of defensive issues that game. No one else in the NFC scares me. AZ games will be interesting; they rally are tearing up their opposition.

Latest posts