I'm feeling like we're still going to the playoffs!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We will definitely be in the wildcard race til the end. Too early to tell with the divison, but I don't really see the Cards letting us catch back up like they did last year.

One wildcard will obviously go to one of the NFC South teams. I think that leaves a 3-team race between us, Minnesota and STL. I've got a feeling that the week 13 game in Minnesota could be the most important game of the season.

soxhawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking we're more like the 2010 Saints this season. A hungrier team will upset us in the playoffs. Wish that wasn't the case but I'm probably not the only one feeling that.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hell yes! I'm picking up what you're puttin' down.

kf3339

Reaction score
cesame":1m17croj said:
As far as I'm concerned making the playoffs is basically a certainty.

It's just what playoff seed they will end up with

With losses to GB and Carolina it's going to be tough to get a top 2 seed and a bye week

That is the biggest thing for me. Having to play two or more road games in the playoffs after all the football the last three years may be too much for these guys to handle. But honestly making the playoffs would be a positive outcome for this season to me.

But of course anything can happen in the playoffs, so lets first get in!

JGreen79

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":utqbrm0e said:
We will definitely be in the wildcard race til the end. Too early to tell with the division, but I don't really see the Cards letting us catch back up like they did last year.

One wildcard will obviously go to one of the NFC South teams. I think that leaves a 3-team race between us, Minnesota and STL. I've got a feeling that the week 13 game in Minnesota could be the most important game of the season.

If Seattle and Arizona for some crazy reason win the rest of the games against the other teams 52-0, and Seattle wins both games against Arizona Seattle takes the division... I wouldn't necessarily call that letting us catch back up. Seattle still controls their own destiny.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
JGreen79":6s17dyw3 said:
Hawk-Lock":6s17dyw3 said:
We will definitely be in the wildcard race til the end. Too early to tell with the division, but I don't really see the Cards letting us catch back up like they did last year.

If Seattle and Arizona for some crazy reason win the rest of the games against the other teams 52-0, and Seattle wins both games against Arizona Seattle takes the division... I wouldn't necessarily call that letting us catch back up. Seattle still controls their own destiny.

If we were to win out and the Rams win out we would be tied through every tie breaker I know. Same division and conference records as well. Not sure what the next deciding tie breaker is.

Glad we are still talking about it. The 9ers are discussing draft picks, coaching changes, front office changes and wishing ownership would sell the team. I would hate to be them right about now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Beat the Cowboys on Sunday, then have a bye week followed by 3 in a row at home.
I really like their chances if they are sitting at 4-4 at the bye week.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3r2di5nm said:
We will definitely be in the wildcard race til the end. Too early to tell with the divison, but I don't really see the Cards letting us catch back up like they did last year.

I dont think Atlanta will be there in the end. Minnesota is in the middle of a very easy schedule. It will get alot more difficult for them 3 weeks from now.

Wild card is very much in play. 10 wins will guarantee it. 9 will probably get the 2nd.

byau

Reaction score
We can definitely still make the playoffs. That second wildcard will be a bit tough because you currently have

Minnesota: 4-2
Atlanta: 6-1

Atlanta's remaining schedule is not too difficult. They possibly lose 4 games: (VIkings, Panthers x2, Saints). At worst finishing 11-5

Bucs
@ Niners
Colts
Vikings
@ Bucs
@ Panthers
@ Jaguars
Panthers
Saints

Minnsota: definitely a very very tough schedule, possible losses = 5+ (Packers x 2, Falcons, Seahawks, Cardinals) finishing 9-7

@ Bears
Rams
@ Raiders
Packers
@ Falcons
Seahawks
@ Cardinals
Bears
Gians
@ Packers

Seahawks remaining schedule, pretty fair, not super easy, not super tough.

@ Cowboys
Cardinals
49ers
Steelers
@ Vikings
@ Ravens
Browns
Rams
@ Cardinals

If we manage to beat the Cardinals twice, we'll likely take the NFC West title. Their schedule is slightly tougher than ours. Well, it's about the same except they also face the Packers and Bengals still (granted both are at home)

Arizona remaining schedule: about as tough as ours, plus Bengals and Packers.
Ravens
@ Browns
@ Seahawks
Bengals
@ 49ers
@ Rams
Vikings
@ Eagles
Packers
Seahawks

I think we still are in the running no doubt for both NFC west title and the wildcard.

classicaaron

Reaction score
i def think we are a team positioned to make a run in the playoffs if we can just make it in. Defense and the running game are what wins playoff games and that is what Seattle is based on. Plus with an experienced roster on top it we will be the team no one wants to see.

Sure the Packers would be tough playing them on the road. But its always hard to beat a team two times in a year (hey trying to make a positive out of our loss to them :D ). But Packers have blown playoff games before, when they were 15-1 under Rodgers and going a little further back when Favre was unbeatable and they lost to the Giants.

Really no one else in the conference scares me. We already should have beat the Panthers and have all the faith we would crush them again. The Giants are terrible. We will match up well with Cardinals being a divisional foe if we see them in the playoffs

Latest posts