The Beast

IndyHawk

Reaction score
After that Santa Clara game 27/122 yrds anybody still think he's lost a step and is finished?He looks like the same Beast to me the last couple games and looks like he is getting stronger by the game.I'm sure the lines run blocking has improved a lot also which is great because you cannot pass if teams do not respect the run.Go Hawks!!!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I won't lie, I was worried about him after the first few games. I worried our OL run blocking was so bad that he was being forced to cut back too soon and running right into a waiting defender. After watching Rawls come in and just sprint to the holes it seemed he might be a better fit for our current porous OL. I think the improved run blocking really helped Lynch's running style so that instead of cutting back 3 yards behind the line and meeting a defender he was able to get past the line of scrimmage and cut back into open space and then try to punch out Wilhoite.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was definitely worried about him but he looked 100% against the Niners. More decisive, fast/quick and ran really well. I think he just had to get healthy and maybe Rawls lit a fire under him a little bit. Whatever it is, I'm excited he's running like we're accustomed to seeing him do.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, he had like 3 carries in pre-season. I think that is starting to affect him negatively. It's like September was pre-season for him and he's just now getting up to speed. Great to see, and it looks like mini-Beast can spell him pretty well if he needs a breather now and then. Knock wood, our RB crew is looking pretty good right now.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Every good game we get from him is a gift at this point. He's earned my respect and benefit of the doubt.

RussB

Reaction score
O line is starting to run block better. Marshawn will only get better all he needs is decent run blocking and he is very hard to stop

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Was a joy to watch Lynch run against the 49ers. I absolutely love everything about the way he runs the football.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was nice to see. I had doubts and he wasn't doing much behind that line compared to Rawls.

Will be interesting to see how he looks when we face another good run stuffing defense again. I don't think he gets to the edge against STL or AZ. He had a lot of yards before contact against SF so I credit the OL with a lot of his success.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marlin Man":31750rrz said:
Enjoy The Beast, my GUESS is this will be his last season
I've been thinking the same every year since XLVIII. Nice to have Rawls as a back up though. A little on the job training.

Crizilla

Reaction score
he looked really good against SF. His speed stood out to me. I think he's back full beast mode.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah he looked great. Like the looks of Rawls too. Pretty happy with our backs right now. Blocking doesn't need to be great for Lynch, just not terrible.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Lynch as a certain level of disdain for S.F. being from across the bay and he elevates his game every time we play them.

massari

Reaction score
Hopefully he's all healthy and primed for another SB run.

Davidess

Reaction score
I think ML is just becoming healthy and that being the reason why.
The first couple games were a wash as the Oline hadn't jelled and once they did he had a bad hamstring (those aren't fun and are pretty nagging) now hes back and I think he did what we all expect from him.

Hawker

Reaction score
Didn't they show him throwing up (or at least, hurled over a dumpster) on the sideline toward the beginning of the game? He may not yet be 100% but he ran with dominance last week. He's back to form. Hard not to love the Lynch/Rawls combo.

Davidess

Reaction score
His throwing up is actually quite common. he's done it in a quite a few games in the past. I can think of the AZ game last year along with KC last year aswell.

nothing new. only worried when he misses games.

A

Anonymous

Lots of pro athletes barf before "go" time. His session was just miss-timed a bit.

:mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really was a smart decision to rest him before that Niners game. You could really see the difference in how hard he was running, speed etc.