The Beast

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We were talking about that during the game. There was a shot of him and Beast face to face, firing each other up. Just seems like a better connection between those two.

byau

Reaction score
Lynch definitely likes Tukuafu a lot more. Which is too bad because Coleman seems to be a pretty good blocker.

So maybe in the I, it's Tuku when Lynch is in (LOVE THAT I!). And it's Coleman when Rawls is in

As far as Lynch doing better, anyone think he also wanted to prove he's still the man after Rawls 160+ yard outing?

As far as Lynch doing better, he was cutting a lot better and it made me wonder if the field and it's softness helped him with his cuts

Regardless, good to see him getting a lot of yards before he first gets hit, I think it was something like 85 yards before first contact for that game

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":1jbvq02h said:
Was nice to see. I had doubts and he wasn't doing much behind that line compared to Rawls.

Will be interesting to see how he looks when we face another good run stuffing defense again. I don't think he gets to the edge against STL or AZ. He had a lot of yards before contact against SF so I credit the OL with a lot of his success.

Yea, this is what I'm seeing as well. As the run blocking gets better, he's looking better.

I honestly hope I'm not being overly critical, but I do think he left some yards out there vs. SF. He had some good holes and made some defenders miss, last year I think he makes an additional guy miss, makes a better cut, or drags a guy another yard or two. I can't really quantify it except with my gut instinct, but he should've had 5 or 5.5 a carry. I also feel he was trucking guys better last year.

Do I think he's done ? No. I agree with Sutz in that he needed to get in "game shape" more or less; getting more reps in full speed experience. I also think he's going to gain that extra half step he's lost, and get even better as his hamstring gets stronger again.

I'd really like to see us give Rawls a few more carries. Giving Lynch 27 is a lot, maybe give him 23 and give Rawls an extra 5 or so. Lynch will be slightly more explosive, and Rawls will also help wear the defense down as he seems a bit quicker and more explosive right now.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm as big of a Lynch supporter as there is, but SF was awful in their run fits, particularly setting the edge. That was about as easy of a 125 as you're going to find.

I wasn't overly impressed by Rawls in this game. The one good run he had, he had a HUGE hole. The majority of times where he didn't have a great hole, he couldn't find anything, break any tackles, or fall forward. He looks above average to me. Did anybody see who led Cleveland in rushing yards this weekend? I'm not being overly serious, I think Turbin and Rawls are probably quite equal.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":16i8u5q9 said:
I'm as big of a Lynch supporter as there is, but SF was awful in their run fits, particularly setting the edge. That was about as easy of a 125 as you're going to find.

I wasn't overly impressed by Rawls in this game. The one good run he had, he had a HUGE hole. The majority of times where he didn't have a great hole, he couldn't find anything, break any tackles, or fall forward. He looks above average to me. Did anybody see who led Cleveland in rushing yards this weekend? I'm not being overly serious, I think Turbin and Rawls are probably quite equal.

Did he seriously lead Cleveland in rushing with 30 yards? LOL.

Rawls has proven to be better than Turbin based on the way he breaks tackles, which is something Turbin continues to struggle with.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know about run fits, sounds like a p.t.s.d. problem, but I saw some damn good blocking in the run game.

Tical21

Reaction score
Largent80":32py056m said:
I don't know about run fits, sounds like a p.t.s.d. problem, but I saw some damn good blocking in the run game.
Ah, yes, thank you for pointing that out! Certainly should have given the line some kudos in my statement.

Not to devalue what Lynch and the line did, just also echoing the caveat that SF left a little to be desired defensively.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I thought we were quickly heading for the end with Marshawn based on how this year started, but he looked like his old self last week, which was great to see. It really underscored the fact that this is his offense and his team. Once he truly is done, there is going to be such a massive void.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Eclipsing the 10,000-yard mark could be one incentive for Marshawn to return in 2016. I think he needs to do that to receive any consideration for the HoF.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":2wmyex12 said:

I think you're right in running style, but for the results, they couldn't be more different. When Rawls was getting serious game reps, he was leading the league in yards after contact.

I never looked up the numbers on Turbin because I didn't have to, but YAC wasn't something he excelled at.

Exittium

Reaction score
A gust of wind would result in turbin going down