Lockett (no E)

seabowl

Reaction score
Lockett came out like a bat out of hell this year but lately he has been so so. Not sure what the difference is but not the same player as he was during the preseason and first few games. Thoughts?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
You do know that most returners don't get 1 return TD in a year, let alone 2, don't you?

northseahawk

Reaction score
Wilson is the reason. Last week Lock could of had 2 easy tds and this week another one on that long play, but Wilson is constantly over throwing or under throwing. If this guy had a real qb who could throw, he would be the talk of nfl now.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Lockett will have to show how to adjust. Otherwise, he's a gimmicky player who will occasionally bust a big play then be a no show for several weeks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We have already gotten a lot out of a rookie. Calm down.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3cxz5nn0 said:
You do know that most returners don't get 1 return TD in a year, let alone 2 don't you?
Dude I don't think he made the 20 today though. He had a bad day today.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
northseahawk":1mnbayqg said:
Wilson is the reason. Last week Lock could of had 2 easy tds and this week another one on that long play, but Wilson is constantly over throwing or under throwing. If this guy had a real qb who could throw, he would be the talk of nfl now.
Go back and watch that play again. As soon as Russell let that fly Lockett let up just enough to throw the timing off. They are close to connecting on that but we have to keep running it in order for them to connect.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":156cidyw said:
Unfortunately, Lockett will have to show how to adjust. Otherwise, he's a gimmicky player who will occasionally bust a big play then be a no show for several weeks.

Gonna have to disagree, in a different offense this kid could be a star. Super crisp route running/game breaking speed/ and really good return skills. I don't think our special team's has been doing as good this year, if we could get back to how we used to play it a year or 2 back, he could probably break alot more open. I also believe the kid has had a opportunity almost every game this year to make an amazing play, while usually having the ball sail over his head by 5-10 yards, or short.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
My OP was about his returning not WR play. Sorry to not have specified.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
seabowl":23tzv06h said:
My OP was about his returning not WR play. Sorry to not have specified.

He did fine, considering that guys like Lockette could not get blocks on the gunners without drawing a flag.

rjdriver

Reaction score
brimsalabim":rxmxk06a said:
Seanhawk":rxmxk06a said:
You do know that most returners don't get 1 return TD in a year, let alone 2 don't you?
Dude I don't think he made the 20 today though. He had a bad day today.

Remember,

Last year we had Bryan Walters returning punts.

Bryan Walters.

His biggest return was like 2.3 yards all season.

Lock will be just fine. On the list of my concerns, he's as far down as a prostitutes head.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I get it and realize a lot of it on the kick off returns was blocking but he needs to learn when it's better to stay in the endzone and take the ball on the 20.

trharder

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1as5ij1h said:
northseahawk":1as5ij1h said:
Go back and watch that play again. As soon as Russell let that fly Lockett let up just enough to throw the timing off. They are close to connecting on that but we have to keep running it in order for them to connect.
Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity, brimsalabim. That's exactly why my eyes told me as well. Lockett slowed to turn and locate the ball which landed right where Lockett was going.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":3r8a0u98 said:
Yeah, that sure would've been a sweet play. Lockett had a good 2 steps on his closest pursuer. Did it appear Lockett may have delayed just the slightest in that route, though, or did Russ just overthrow him by 8 yards?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3b25329s said:
northseahawk":3b25329s said:
Yeah, that sure would've been a sweet play. Lockett had a good 2 steps on his closest pursuer. Did it appear Lockett may have delayed just the slightest in that route, though, or did Russ just overthrow him by 8 yards?

You two get along well.