Lockett (no E)

samwize77

Reaction score
:34853_doh: He has more TD's than Beast I believe. At this rate he should have 4+ TD's as a returner. That's pretty damn good. Ryan had a TD pass last year but none so far this year....I'm wondering whats going on? Again... :34853_doh:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":luiqyc5x said:
northseahawk":luiqyc5x said:
Wilson is the reason. Last week Lock could of had 2 easy tds and this week another one on that long play, but Wilson is constantly over throwing or under throwing. If this guy had a real qb who could throw, he would be the talk of nfl now.
Yeah, that sure would've been a sweet play. Lockett had a good 2 steps on his closest pursuer. Did it appear Lockett may have delayed just the slightest in that route, though, or did Russ just overthrow him by 8 yards?

He did slow down and it was for that reason that the throw was 2 steps ahead of him. I just watched the play over again. 2 steps...dangit.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
trharder":2ty1f7cw said:
brimsalabim":2ty1f7cw said:
northseahawk":2ty1f7cw said:
Wilson is the reason. Last week Lock could of had 2 easy tds and this week another one on that long play, but Wilson is constantly over throwing or under throwing. If this guy had a real qb who could throw, he would be the talk of nfl now.
Go back and watch that play again. As soon as Russell let that fly Lockett let up just enough to throw the timing off. They are close to connecting on that but we have to keep running it in order for them to connect.
Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity, brimsalabim. That's exactly why my eyes told me as well. Lockett slowed to turn and locate the ball which landed right where Lockett was going.
I think you mean >"brimsalabim"<, as it is "northseahawk" that is always trying to piss in everyone's cheerios.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Again' referring to Lockett's returns of late he is not running with the same aggressiveness as he did in preseason and early in the year. The blocking does not look as good either. What gives?

Exittium

Reaction score
A combination of crap blocking, and him running into coverage. Almost like he's trying to beats mode it at times.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2hqxy71l said:
Seanhawk":2hqxy71l said:
You do know that most returners don't get 1 return TD in a year, let alone 2 don't you?
Dude I don't think he made the 20 today though. He had a bad day today.
He's not getting to full speed and is hesitating. You hesitate before you get up to speed or go side to side you are going to be toast most of the time.

The best thing a returner can do is (run forward first and get up to speed) then make your cuts, jukes, hesitations.

I've noticed his hesitation ever since the one game he fumbled.

Easily fixable.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't see a problem. He's following his blockers, sometimes there's a hole, sometimes there's not.

His best chance is to use his blocking and burst through the first wave, make one cut and burn it. Sometimes those holes are not there.

Also other teams are keying in on him now. He's no longer just some dude. I think they need to mix up some of their blocking schemes a bit and things will get better.

Overall, he's fine. Let the kid do his thang!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vb9xz6t said:
Scottemojo":2vb9xz6t said:
We have already gotten a lot out of a rookie. Calm down.
THIS!

THIS +100000. He has done great. Teams have to scheme for him. Sometimes these boards go crazy with nit picky negativity.

boykster

Reaction score
He's definitely been a bit gunshy since he fumbled the punt return against Detroit....

RussB

Reaction score
northseahawk":lalxuzqc said:
Whats with all these guys talking shit about wilson lately? Do you know how hard it is to find a decent QB in the NFL. Hes a 3rd rounder and plays better than all the QB's drafted before him. Its not his fault he barely has anytime to throw but when he gets outside of the pocket he is the best mobile QB in the NFL no contest. Just stop seriously

RussB

Reaction score
And about lockett. He already has 3 touchdowns......not bad for a rookie.

Basis4day

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1qxbu1sk said:
northseahawk":1qxbu1sk said:
Whats with all these guys talking shit about wilson lately? Do you know how hard it is to find a decent QB in the NFL. Hes a 3rd rounder and plays better than all the QB's drafted before him. Its not his fault he barely has anytime to throw but when he gets outside of the pocket he is the best mobile QB in the NFL no contest. Just stop seriously

I don't share Northseahawk's sentiments, but Wilson is a fair target for criticism just as any other player. No player plays perfectly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawk 3:16 says Wilson to Lockett just burned your arse -

[youtube]d_1jNQOZ4QY[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3pnngtak said:
Seanhawk":3pnngtak said:
You do know that most returners don't get 1 return TD in a year, let alone 2 don't you?
Dude I don't think he made the 20 today though. He had a bad day today.

Yea, I supposed we need to make him block as well now, lol. Seriously, he's getting the ball, and there are three guys already through the blocking and bracketing him. There's really not much he can do.

To be fair, teams are very very wary of him now. Teams are kicking towards the sidelines now, and I've seen a few pop ups that only net 30 or so yards, but it keeps him from returning them. Teams are already scared of this kid, and I like it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SMH. This board amazes me this year with all the negativity. Damn.

Small receiver, born on 9/28 in Tulsa, OK parallels a certain HOFer in our history and even he never returned a kick for a TD in his entire career(although he did 'some' minimal returning for yards).
Lockett will be amazing and he is off to a GREAT start. Very exciting player we got here folks. Come on, seriously.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
So far Tyler Lockett has 17 catches, that include 10 for 1-st downs and 1-TD, to go along with his kick return duties. Not too bad and a lot better production than the start of PRich's career.

+kickers are kicking away from TLock, even out of bounds to minimize his demonstrated abilities.

Latest posts