It's Hawks Panthers week....again

panthers4life

Reaction score
o7 Seahawks! Cruising by to chat during game week.

First, I want to drop some encouraging words regarding frustrating losses!

You guys have been to back to back Superbowls, should have won them both.
Last year you started 3-3 and went to the Superbowl.
You still have an incredible team.
Cincy is a very good team that was lucky to get by you at home.
St. Louis is a decent if not good team that was lucky to get by you at home.
Green Bay is most certainly a superb team, no shame in losing to the Packers in Lambeau, after all you've beaten them when it really matters.

You let two overtime games on the road get away or else you would be 4-1 right now with two of your toughest games behind you.

The Carolina game is monumental for both team's season!

Seattle righting the ship to get to 3-3 matching last years start, with 3 of the next 4 opponents needing upsets to beat you, well that sounds pretty good doesn't it? Carolina sits at 4-0 hoping to have turned the corner enough to finally beat the Hawks and earn some validation, not to mention keeping pace with Atlanta.

A Seattle loss to Carolina at home, 2-4, losing to a team that's been playing catch-up for four years, well that might just signal you've regressed enough for the rest of us to matter. A Carolina loss will surprise no one but it will give our fan base clarity on the gap that remains between us and contending. Seattle is the NFC benchmark, and will remain so until another team becomes the benchmark.

So cheer up Hawks fans, this weekend should be a playoff atmosphere!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Reality ^ and thanks for the encouraging post, it's nice seeing the glass half full. :thirishdrinkers:
Lot's of armchair Hawks fans have given up, they just can't see how a World Championship team doesn't dominate and destroy every team they face.
They get one or two punches in the mouth and its Oh My God!, I quit!!
Thankfully, they're not Coaching any NFL teams.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Honestly I feel like this Sunday's game might be the biggest margin of victory for us all year.

Just a gut feeling.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Classy post.

When I saw the title, all I could think was Panther fans probably believe this is the year that they finally beat Seattle. I doubt it.

ringless

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":37rn7rsl said:
Honestly I feel like this Sunday's game might be the biggest margin of victory for us all year.

Just a gut feeling.

Have to agree. Seattle just seems better in every way than Carolina. Carolina has played:
Jaguars
Texans
Saints
Bucs

I unfortunately think Seattle takes this one easily. However I hope you guys upset Seattle. I just don't see it.

hawksbydesign

Reaction score
ringless":2bgypec1 said:
Hawk_Nation":2bgypec1 said:

Just a gut feeling.

Have to agree. Seattle just seems better in every way than Carolina. Carolina has played:
Jaguars
Texans
Saints
Bucs

I unfortunately think Seattle takes this one easily. However I hope you guys upset Seattle. I just don't see it.

Not so easily. We have Bevell calling in the plays. Sorry to say this but we could lose again.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm certain, regardless of outcome, this next game will do harm to my cardiovascular system.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2aq27axg said:

Just a gut feeling.

Laloosh":2aq27axg said:
Classy post.

When I saw the title, all I could think was Panther fans probably believe this is the year that they finally beat Seattle. I doubt it.

ringless":2aq27axg said:

We'll see.

The Bad
Seattle will be highly motivated.
Playing @ Seattle, 12th factor, best home field in football.
Carolina is a $.10 doormat in Seattle's dollar store.
Although it's closer than ever Seattle still has the edge in talent.

The Good
Cam is playing fantastic clutch ball, OL is better, but playoffs in Seattle is priceless experience.
CONFIDENCE! Carolina has won 8 of their last 9, losing the playoff game to Seattle, belief matters.
REVENGE! Yeah we want it, and bad, if wanting Won you guys would get blown out Sunday.

The Murkey
Beast Mode?
Luke?

Seattle is better, but not playing to their potential...yet. Carolina has enough talent to beat Seattle if they play a solid game and Seattle doesn't tune up to their capability. With Carolina teetering on the edge of relevance it doesn't matter who they've played or beaten to this point, all that matters is Sunday. If we win those other wins are validated, if we lose we are who you all thought we were.

Just remember, that playoff game was a much better game than the final indicated. Our team, altho beset by some significant injuries has improved since then. The overwhelming opinion is that Seattle has regressed slightly, the OL alone is enough to support that claim.

And to the Arizona fan, how far removed are you from watching your team turn the corner to understand that Carolina has a corner turning opportunity this Sunday? Maybe your still sour from the playoff game?

Laloosh

Reaction score
minormillikin":2mxw7die said:
I'm certain, regardless of outcome, this next game will do harm to my cardiovascular system.

Completely agree lol.

StoneCold

Reaction score
ringless":pk24serc said:
Hawk_Nation":pk24serc said:

Just a gut feeling.

Jaguars
Texans
Saints
Bucs

If the Hawks had played those 4 teams to start the season we'd be 5-0 cuz we'd a beat up on the Jags so bad it felt like two losses.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
StoneCold":2h7kns8b said:
If the Hawks had played those 4 teams to start the season we'd be 5-0 cuz we'd a beat up on the Jags so bad it felt like two losses.

Really because you did get 0-5 Detroit at home and short of a fantastic play by Kam and a botched no call by the refs they'd be 1-4 and so would you. This is the NFL, sure some wins are more likely than others but NONE are free!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This game will be a validation game for both teams. The Panthers are most likely going to the play offs this year, either as divisional champion or as a wildcard seeing how Carolina's schedule is really easy this year with of course 4 games against the currently horrible Bucs and Saints and another 4 against the even worse AFC south. However, I'm positive the Panthers won't be happy with just another appearance in the play offs. This game will be a good test to see if they are up to the test and able to challenge the top teams in the nfl and make a deep run in the post season.

For us it's something entirely different. We lost some tough games but the NFC West schedule is grueling this year. However, 2/3 of our most difficult games (Packers and Bengals with AZ on the road still to go) came early and it shows in our 2-3 standing right now. The Rams are a strange story as they are always strong in the division. The way we have been playing play offs should still be well within our reach and we could very well still win the division but this game will be very important for us. If we go 2-4, even a wildcard will be incredibly difficult to get as that would require at least 10 wins and at most 2 losses.

In short we need this to get our winstreak going and the Panthers need this to confirm they are a serious threat this year. When looking at those motivations and the way both teams have been playing, I'm betting on the Hawks for this one but it'll probably be a close one.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1afiexe5 said:
This game will be a validation game for both teams. The Panthers are most likely going to the play offs this year, either as divisional champion or as a wildcard seeing how Carolina's schedule is really easy this year with of course 4 games against the currently horrible Bucs and Saints and another 4 against the even worse AFC south. However, I'm positive the Panthers won't be happy with just another appearance in the play offs. This game will be a good test to see if they are up to the test and able to challenge the top teams in the nfl and make a deep run in the post season.

For us it's something entirely different. We lost some tough games but the NFC West schedule is grueling this year. However, 2/3 of our most difficult games (Packers and Bengals with AZ on the road still to go) came early and it shows in our 2-3 standing right now. The Rams are a strange story as they are always strong in the division. The way we have been playing play offs should still be well within our reach and we could very well still win the division but this game will be very important for us. If we go 2-4, even a wildcard will be incredibly difficult to get as that would require at least 10 wins and at most 2 losses.

In short we need this to get our winstreak going and the Panthers need this to confirm they are a serious threat this year. When looking at those motivations and the way both teams have been playing, I'm betting on the Hawks for this one but it'll probably be a close one.

This is probably the fairest response yet, and I try to be a really objective person.

Seattle is the favorite for obvious reasons. You've beaten us five times in a row, back to back NFC champs, Century Link field, and a collection of reasons that add up to Seattle has been legit for awhile.

Aside from home field advantage, the common theme to all those reasons your the favorite this Sunday have nothing to do with what's happened so far this season! That's something to consider, five games into this season Hawks have nothing to point at for ammunition as to why they're going to beat Carolina without rolling back to accomplishments made last year or prior. The best argument anyone has made is criticizing Carolina's opposition while ignoring that 0-5 Detroit took you to task at Century Link and you needed quite literally a miracle defensive play to not lose that game.

All Carolina has done is beat everyone in front of them this season. If you illustrate the NFL season as an ascension up a mountain then we're already two steps ahead of you and the Hawks desperately need to trip us this Sunday or else your 3.5 behind instead of 1, and we're just discussing potential playoff seeding here as I'm not interested in your division results.

Seattle is the favorite, not because they've earned it in 2015 but because they earned it in years prior. Make no mistake they have to keep earning it. You're right both teams have something to prove.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Silentwander":1r58jt13 said:
panthers4life,

I only watched one game when Kevin Norwood played but haven't seen other games. What is your opinion of him?

Project, wish it were more at this point because we need it. Panthers like the taller bigger bodies at WR and Norwood fits that mold. He botched a reception against Houston that resulted in an interception and hasn't really seen the field much since.

Hopefully the best thing Kevin brought with him to Carolina is some insights to the Hawks that we didn't have before, he hasn't shown anything else so far.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Silentwander":2mwa81wu said:
panthers4life,

I only watched one game when Kevin Norwood played but haven't seen other games. What is your opinion of him?

Here's a GIF of the tipped interception.
Sfrg7

cesame

Reaction score
Carolina just doesn't scare me

Seatte's had their number for years and the Panthers just don't have the weapons on offense to score enough points on Seattle's defense. The majority of Seattle's losses the past few years come against the best QB's and a great offense or NFCW opponents. And all but 1 of those losses are on the road.

Seattle wins this.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the objectivity, pantherforlife, and I really admire,
and am somewhat surprised, by the early success of your team, especially
with Kelvin out.
But all niceties aside, and with all due respect, this home game is the one where we need to kick the ever-livin snot out of you and develop the passion and identity that's been missing this year. Us 12s know that the Neanderthal carnivore of this team is lurking just under the surface and your Cam is going to be the tasty treat mauled by our angry and hungry pitbull terrorizers.
I'd avert your eyes because it's going to be a bloodbath. You've been warned! Go Hawks!

aawolf

Reaction score
I'm a Panther fan as well, and always have fun commenting on this matchup between my favorite team (the Seahawks) and my second favorite team (the Panthers). Here are some of my observations about this important matchup.

1. Seattle needs this game more and I'm pulling harder than ever for them to pull it out. The Panthers (I am careful about not referring to them as "Carolina" as a State fan) can still win the division or get a wildcard in the NFC due to their extremely easy schedule full of NFC South and AFC South teams. Atlanta is the early favorite IMO given how well they are doing with Quinn at the helm, but they may be a flash in the pan given their level of competition thus far as well.

2. The Panthers Defense has played well. The D-Line will be hard to handle. Gettlemen can draft defensive linemen. Even losing Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson this year has not stopped the Panthers from logging in great effort from the d-line. Early, Short, Lotuleli, and the old man, Jared Allen, can turn up the heat. Given how Detroit managed 6 sacks and Cincy managed 4 sacks, I expect them to get home against Wilson this game and receive a stat-boost since they seem to get pressure an awful lot without the sacks to show for it. The linebackers are the best in the nation, with all-pros Keuchly and Davis. If Keuchly doesn't play again (this will be his second game out if he sits), it will be a blessing. Josh Normon has been a phenom for a while in the secondary, but is now getting national recognition for his back-to-back pick six games. Tillman has improved the secondary from last year as well. I think that this will be a low-scoring game given the Seahawks struggles on offense this year.

2. On offense, the Panthers are pretty vanilla. Here is a great article on their scheme and tendencies from a Houston blogger of all people: http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/9/30/ ... 1444056749

Bottom line: Its amazing that they can even field a team after all of their o-line departures. Stop Cam and Olsen and you stop the Panthers. At least the Seahawks have practice defending running QBs and we need to work on covering TE's on seam routes (I'm looking at you, Kam).

4. My prediction: 13-10, Seahawks win.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
aawolf":2oi6ehsu said:
If Keuchly doesn't play again (this will be his second game out if he sits), it will be a blessing. Josh Normon has been a phenom for a while in the secondary, but is now getting national recognition for his back-to-back pick six games.

Bottom line: Its amazing that they can even field a team after all of their o-line departures. Stop Cam and Olsen and you

Sorry man this isn't very well informed, not sure how you come by your information.

Luke hasn't played since prior to half time against Jacksonville, WEEK ONE! So if by second game out you mean three and half then I suppose your statement is 30% correct.

Josh Norman is playing lights out but he hasn't had back to back pick six games, he had a pick 6 in Week 1 against Jacksonville and another week 4 against Tampa.

Field a team? This post started looking like a troll effort once I saw this. The only O-line departure from last year to this year was Bell who was replaced by Oher, and that's been an upgrade. You should just stick to being a Seahawks fan, clearly not enough space to hold FACTS about two teams.