It's Hawks Panthers week....again

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Are we supposed to get anything extra out of playing the Panthers? Not to be a dick, but it's sort of been a one way street. I get why you guys would be excited, but I'm just meh. You could win, certainly, but I don't draw any extra anticipation from this game.

That being said, I don't think you have the offensive horses to pull out the W at our place. Just don't have the weapons to hold our feet to the fire.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":eastldvi said:
Are we supposed to get anything extra out of playing the Panthers? Not to be a dick, but it's sort of been a one way street. I get why you guys would be excited, but I'm just meh. You could win, certainly, but I don't draw any extra anticipation from this game.

That being said, I don't think you have the offensive horses to pull out the W at our place. Just don't have the weapons to hold our feet to the fire.

I wouldn't say sort of, it has been a one way street. This game is huge for you guys regardless of the opponent, I can see the Panthers don't make you moist and that's fine, doesn't make you a dick. The Hawks need this game though, more than the Panthers do in fact.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
panthers4life":2db0bg6q said:
CodeWarrior":2db0bg6q said:

I wouldn't say sort of, it has been a one way street. This game is huge for you guys regardless of the opponent, I can see the Panthers don't make you moist and that's fine, doesn't make you a dick. The Hawks need this game though, more than the Panthers do in fact.

Gotcha. Thought the thread title implied it was some sort of rivalry. I do enjoy the games with the Panthers, though. Usually interesting, especially when it's in Carolina. Not the case this week, obviously, but then again the Hawks aren't the same team. Good god I'm just rambling on like a sad sack. Still dismayed over yesterday's miraculous defeat.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I don't even see how the Panthers gain positive yardage in this one...that offense is bad.

On the flip side, Caroina's d should be able to shut down Seattle's offense too...especially if Keuchly plays up to his usual standard.

My bold prediction is there will be less than 350 yards of total offense in this game, Seattle will win 16-3. Doesn't really matter for the Rams who wins this game...I don't think Carolina is a good team, but they have the schedule to be in the playoff hunt all year. Either way it'll be an NFC loss to a team contending for the playoffs.

And while I hate Seattle, Carolina is still right there...

1. 2004 double OT playoff loss still stings

2. They used to be in the NFC West

3. The one season that Bradford looked pretty decent, they ended his season with a cheap hit while he was running out of bounds

4. Cam Newton is a dick

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Ramfan128":24jnphb5 said:
I don't even see how the Panthers gain positive yardage in this one...that offense is bad.

Says the guy who's team is 29th points/game and last in yards/game, even after drafting in the top 15 since 2006. Is Green Bay's offense bad? They put up 27.4 a game, Carolina is putting up 27 a game. We have a little less yardage per game because our league leading turnover differential gives us shorter fields, I guess that makes the offense bad?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Geez, the tenor of this thread changed since I checked out last night. I also think the talent has been elevated in the NFC South.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14n5b3g9 said:
And who have the Panthers played? A bunch of JV teams. Overrated like their punk QB :lol:

Well who have the Hawks beat? Detroit and Chicago? Sure you've played some good teams, and lost to them all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Someone REALLY needs to tell the league the Hawks and Panthers aren't in the same division.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2mam2d9c said:
Geez, the tenor of this thread changed since I checked out last night. I also think the talent has been elevated in the NFC South.

Yeah, I'm checking out. Too many arrogant haters piled on. I'll be back to either congratulate or gloat after the game Sunday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":rke6jqzh said:
I also think the talent has been elevated in the NFC South.

Really?

Quinn has added a kick ass coach to the NFC South, but that's about it. The talent is FAR below what it's been in recent years. The Falcons have a couple nice wins, but other than that if not for the AFC South it'd be the worst division talent wise in the league..............................dragged down by two terrible teams in the Saints and Bucs that will be lucky to win 4-5 games.

ctrcat

Reaction score
panthers4life":1y2pqm42 said:
Hawk_Nation":1y2pqm42 said:
Honestly I feel like this Sunday's game might be the biggest margin of victory for us all year.

Just a gut feeling.

Laloosh":1y2pqm42 said:
Classy post.

When I saw the title, all I could think was Panther fans probably believe this is the year that they finally beat Seattle. I doubt it.

ringless":1y2pqm42 said:
I unfortunately think Seattle takes this one easily. However I hope you guys upset Seattle. I just don't see it.

We'll see.

The Bad
Seattle will be highly motivated.
Playing @ Seattle, 12th factor, best home field in football.
Carolina is a $.10 doormat in Seattle's dollar store.
Although it's closer than ever Seattle still has the edge in talent.

The Good
Cam is playing fantastic clutch ball, OL is better, but playoffs in Seattle is priceless experience.
CONFIDENCE! Carolina has won 8 of their last 9, losing the playoff game to Seattle, belief matters.
REVENGE! Yeah we want it, and bad, if wanting Won you guys would get blown out Sunday.

The Murkey
Beast Mode?
Luke?

Seattle is better, but not playing to their potential...yet. Carolina has enough talent to beat Seattle if they play a solid game and Seattle doesn't tune up to their capability. With Carolina teetering on the edge of relevance it doesn't matter who they've played or beaten to this point, all that matters is Sunday. If we win those other wins are validated, if we lose we are who you all thought we were.

Just remember, that playoff game was a much better game than the final indicated. Our team, altho beset by some significant injuries has improved since then. The overwhelming opinion is that Seattle has regressed slightly, the OL alone is enough to support that claim.

And to the Arizona fan, how far removed are you from watching your team turn the corner to understand that Carolina has a corner turning opportunity this Sunday? Maybe your still sour from the playoff game?

Luke's playing status isn't murky anymore, he's playing. The murkiness at this point lies in his conditioning-is he fresher than ever after a month's mini-vaca or rusty and a step off due to less conditioning.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38nbyrq5 said:
Siouxhawk":38nbyrq5 said:

Really?

Quinn has added a kick ass coach to the NFC South, but that's about it. The talent is FAR below what it's been in recent years. The Falcons have a couple nice wins, but other than that if not for the AFC South it'd be the worst division talent wise in the league..............................dragged down by two terrible teams in the Saints and Bucs that will be lucky to win 4-5 games.
Two unbeaten teams at this point. What do you want?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nlyx7ef said:
Sgt. Largent":1nlyx7ef said:
Siouxhawk":1nlyx7ef said:

Really?

Two unbeaten teams at this point. What do you want?

I'd like to see the Panthers and/or Falcons play teams that aren't destined for 6-10 records.

You're right, you can only beat who's on your schedule, but sorry no one's impressed with the Panthers right now. Falcons? Sure, some nice wins and playing inspired defense. But the Jags, Texans, Bucs and Saints? LOL, those are LITERALLY the 4 worst teams in football.

We'll see this weekend whether the Panthers are for real.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
panthers4life":2jfqo0gp said:
Ramfan128":2jfqo0gp said:

Says the guy who's team is 29th points/game and last in yards/game, even after drafting in the top 15 since 2006. Is Green Bay's offense bad? They put up 27.4 a game, Carolina is putting up 27 a game. We have a little less yardage per game because our league leading turnover differential gives us shorter fields, I guess that makes the offense bad?

You have to know who you've played thus far vastly influences your rankings...

If the Panthers played the Rams schedule thus far I'm certain they'd be 2-3 at best...and I feel pretty confident that even the Niners would have a winning record with your schedule. Considering how the Redskins are looking, I believe they'd beat Carolina if the game was played in Washington...so maybe the Panthers would be 0-5 with our schedule...

After all, it could easily be argued that these first 4 games your team is worse than last year with Benjamin out and Kuechly out most of the games (although the OL has played better)...

How would the Panthers fare with the Rams schedule:

Seahawks at home - they own the Panthers, no reason to think they lose to them, even on the road

@Redskins - considering the Skins have been in every game except a road Thursday night game, and that they took the Falcons to OT, I think this is a toss up game - edge to Skins being at home

Steelers (w/ Ben for 2/3 of the game) - I believe it was last year that the Steelers wrecked the Panthers on Sunday Night Football...even in Carolina I'd see this one going the same way this season based on how these teams have looked

@Cardinals - Panthers would get decimated in Arizona right now

@Packers - see above

So yep, 0-5 with a tough schedule.

I'd probably feel really good about my team if I were you too...but at the end of the day, you haven't beaten anyone good. Until you do, your team wont' be getting respect from other teams fan bases.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1a4mst0q said:
4. Cam Newton is a dick

That's actually healthy this year and played his way into the MVP discussion. And whose fans and teammates love him.

But there's a reason he's a Panther. It's because the Panthers were the worst team of the decade in 2010 and got the #1 pick. Being the worst team of the decade means you have multiple holes. Not to mention being in salary cap hell to boot. Everyone knows Benjamin and Kuechly (and forgets Lotulelei missed the start of the season too meaning 3 of the last 4 first round picks), but doesn't know Dave Gettleman has greatly improved the rest of the 53 man roster too, some, if not most of which, are under the radar. And that's ok. Not many teams could go 4-0 without 3 of their last 4 first round picks, against any opponent.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Ramfan128":mny02rdg said:
panthers4life":mny02rdg said:
Ramfan128":mny02rdg said:

You have to know who you've played thus far vastly influences your rankings...

If the Panthers played the Rams schedule thus far I'm certain they'd be 2-3 at best...and I feel pretty confident that even the Niners would have a winning record with your schedule. Considering how the Redskins are looking, I believe they'd beat Carolina if the game was played in Washington...so maybe the Panthers would be 0-5 with our schedule...

After all, it could easily be argued that these first 4 games your team is worse than last year with Benjamin out and Kuechly out most of the games (although the OL has played better)...

How would the Panthers fare with the Rams schedule:

Seahawks at home - they own the Panthers, no reason to think they lose to them, even on the road

@Redskins - considering the Skins have been in every game except a road Thursday night game, and that they took the Falcons to OT, I think this is a toss up game - edge to Skins being at home

Steelers (w/ Ben for 2/3 of the game) - I believe it was last year that the Steelers wrecked the Panthers on Sunday Night Football...even in Carolina I'd see this one going the same way this season based on how these teams have looked

@Cardinals - Panthers would get decimated in Arizona right now

@Packers - see above

So yep, 0-5 with a tough schedule.

I'd probably feel really good about my team if I were you too...but at the end of the day, you haven't beaten anyone good. Until you do, your team wont' be getting respect from other teams fan bases.

Never fails, when you can't support your case with facts...you know those things that actually happened, you fall back to conjecture. People like you are the type that lose their ass gambling, they think they know everything, it's all super obvious and a no brainer, might as well print free money Vegas.

Fact is your offense IS terrible, it might not be, IT IS. Fact is our offense is 6th in points per game, no might here, we are. So you can ignore facts and spew conjecture about opponents all you want. You can make up whatever outcome you like, hell you can even predict fairies and unicorns are responsible for Carolina's wins, it would be no less true than your opinions on what might happen against other opponents.

Why don't you try supporting your argument or your team with something that actually happened.