It's Hawks Panthers week....again

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Funny to watch Panthers fans hanging around, waiting for what they hope beyond hope is their opportunity to gloat after five straight Ls to Seattle. Hope we pound Newton through the turf on Sunday.

ctrcat

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":jnd6od2h said:
Funny to watch Panthers fans hanging around, waiting for what they hope beyond hope is their opportunity to gloat after five straight Ls to Seattle. Hope we pound Newton through the turf on Sunday.

Not me amigo. I'll be on a 1030 PM EST international flight and even if I weren't, there'd be no gloating even if the Panthers win. And even if the Panthers are confident it's still "if", and anyone that says otherwise is a fool. More than anything I want an injury free game.

Since Cam and Michael Jordan are neighbors and it took MJ 7 years to win his first ring, many think/hope that the Hawks are the Pistons to our Bulls. One things for sure-with a young nucleus, a fantastic drafting GM, playoff experience, and our salary cap books opening up-we're not going away.

cesame

Reaction score
ctrcat":3agvp2nh said:
CodeWarrior":3agvp2nh said:

Not me amigo. I'll be on a 1030 PM EST international flight and even if I weren't, there'd be no gloating even if the Panthers win. And even if the Panthers are confident it's still "if", and anyone that says otherwise is a fool. More than anything I want an injury free game.

Since Cam and Michael Jordan are neighbors and it took MJ 7 years to win his first ring, many think/hope that the Hawks are the Pistons to our Bulls. One things for sure-with a young nucleus, a fantastic drafting GM, playoff experience, and our salary cap books opening up-we're not going away.

What....and Cam Newton is your Michael Jordan or something?

Hate to break it to you but he's arguably not even a top 10 QB. He's certainly no Russell Wilson.

IMO he's one of the reasons the Panthers haven't won more. With that defense they should have had better teams but he's been inconsistent, immature, not accurate, etc. He isn't there.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ctrcat":179gltbu said:
CodeWarrior":179gltbu said:

Haha, you're good people ctrcat. I like your posts and presence here, but I just have to say: I'm not sure anyone outside of Carolina considers Cam Newton's Panthers the Bulls to the Hawks' Pistons :lol:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
panthers4life":3mdeahrx said:
Ramfan128":3mdeahrx said:
panthers4life":3mdeahrx said:
Ramfan128":3mdeahrx said:
I don't even see how the Panthers gain positive yardage in this one...that offense is bad.

Says the guy who's team is 29th points/game and last in yards/game, even after drafting in the top 15 since 2006. Is Green Bay's offense bad? They put up 27.4 a game, Carolina is putting up 27 a game. We have a little less yardage per game because our league leading turnover differential gives us shorter fields, I guess that makes the offense bad?

You have to know who you've played thus far vastly influences your rankings...

If the Panthers played the Rams schedule thus far I'm certain they'd be 2-3 at best...and I feel pretty confident that even the Niners would have a winning record with your schedule. Considering how the Redskins are looking, I believe they'd beat Carolina if the game was played in Washington...so maybe the Panthers would be 0-5 with our schedule...

After all, it could easily be argued that these first 4 games your team is worse than last year with Benjamin out and Kuechly out most of the games (although the OL has played better)...

How would the Panthers fare with the Rams schedule:

Seahawks at home - they own the Panthers, no reason to think they lose to them, even on the road

@Redskins - considering the Skins have been in every game except a road Thursday night game, and that they took the Falcons to OT, I think this is a toss up game - edge to Skins being at home

Steelers (w/ Ben for 2/3 of the game) - I believe it was last year that the Steelers wrecked the Panthers on Sunday Night Football...even in Carolina I'd see this one going the same way this season based on how these teams have looked

@Cardinals - Panthers would get decimated in Arizona right now

@Packers - see above

So yep, 0-5 with a tough schedule.

I'd probably feel really good about my team if I were you too...but at the end of the day, you haven't beaten anyone good. Until you do, your team wont' be getting respect from other teams fan bases.

Never fails, when you can't support your case with facts...you know those things that actually happened, you fall back to conjecture. People like you are the type that lose their ass gambling, they think they know everything, it's all super obvious and a no brainer, might as well print free money Vegas.

Fact is your offense IS terrible, it might not be, IT IS. Fact is our offense is 6th in points per game, no might here, we are. So you can ignore facts and spew conjecture about opponents all you want. You can make up whatever outcome you like, hell you can even predict fairies and unicorns are responsible for Carolina's wins, it would be no less true than your opinions on what might happen against other opponents.

Why don't you try supporting your argument or your team with something that actually happened.

It's a fact that the Panthers have played bad teams so far. Do you deny that?

Also, I never said the Rams were better than the Panthers. I think we would beat them on a neutral field, but we won't know unless we meet in the playoffs.

It's also a fact that rankings are influenced by who you play - if you played Brady and Rodgers in back to back weeks, your pass defense is going to take a hit. A worse team could play the Rams and the Panthers in back to back weeks, and have a much higher ranking over those two weeks because there's an obvious difference between those passing attacks.

Taking statistical rankings as gospel is not smart...there are too many variables that go into it, and the biggest is who you've played.

By your argument the Arizona Cardinals would be one of the best teams in NFL history because of the start they've had.

And who says I need to support my argument? I think the Panthers are an average team that have played a favorable schedule. Go beat the Seahawks and prove me wrong. But if you guys lose, and it makes no difference if you lose by 10 or the same way the Lions did, it will continue to call into question how good the Panthers really are. You guys struggled at home against the Saints....without Drew Brees. That's the same team that just got blown out by the Eagles, struggled to beat the Cowboys at home without Romo and Dez, and got shellacked on opening day by the Cardinals.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
panthers4life":8q6gtnqe said:
Why don't you try supporting your argument or your team with something that actually happened.

What happened is the Panthers played a bunch of dumpster fires vying for the #1 pick in the draft, and the Hawks have played 3 very good defenses, and all three on the road.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Also, your offense is averaging 23.5 points per game once you remove the defensive TDs.

That of course includes the flukey fumble recovery/run for a TD by Ed Dickson - a negative play by your offense (fumble) turned positive due to a lucky bounce.

If we remove that it's under 22 ppg.

And then, I don't care to take it to this level, but how many times did your defense get a turn over in FG range and they only got a FG? That's points attributed to the defense too.

But I know you just consider this conjecture and not fact based at all. Point is, your offense isn't as good as you think it is.

ringless

Reaction score
As much as I hate to agree. The Panthers are pretenders. They weren't even good last year either. They got to play a horrible NFC South and barely got 7 wins.

This year they've played NO, TB, Hou, and Jac. The 4 worst teams in the league and they are still not able to move the ball on offense. Ranking 25th against those teams in moving the ball. Now if your offense was dominating more, or the Panthers were dominating those games a little more than sure there might be something there.

Yes the Seahawks are struggling and they still most likely win this division because they can be the best defense in the league and have shown it. I would love for you guys to come to the Link and beat them for a lot of reasons. But there's not a chance that happens. I know you guys are excited to be 4-0, but I think once you guys play a real team like Seattle it's going to be a rude awakening and some type of "Moral Victory"

Panthers will be lucky to get 10 points with that offense. And there is no way the defense goes tic for tac with Seattle. You might keep them in check, but eventually Wilson will make you pay on a broken play. First one to 13 wins this game. If Seattle scores first it's already over.

You guys have less first downs then your opponents by 10%
Less yards then your opponents
Given up more sacks than them

The reason you have even won any games is because of a plus 8 turnover ratio. Otherwise everything looks pretty poor when you take who you are playing into consideration with the above facts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This will be a one-score game, our offense is a sh**-show and the Panthers ALWAYS play us close.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If we have a more than one score lead on the 4th, we are sure to win. No, wait a minute, this isn't the last two seasons...

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":oe1588nx said:
This will be a one-score game, our offense is a sh**-show and the Panthers ALWAYS play us close.

No, not really. They play us close on the road, but not at home.

Last two games at Clink:

1.) 01/10/2015: 31 - 17
2.) 12/05/2010: 31 - 14

Chawker

Reaction score
The Panthers are a very physical team and its always a tough low scoring type of game. We've beat them the last two times in Carolina which I'm sure they'd love to beat us here.
My main concern is our run defence, letting Dalton score on a sneek from 4 yards out has me worried about Chris Richards play calling.
I'm thinking this game should be the same hard nose physical affair again.

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Great game! We finally won one!!! Hallelujah! I came back and ate my crow when we lost in the playoffs, now I'm here to bask in the glow.

For those level headed fans that discussed football, thank you, and see ya next time. For those that replied with nothing but arrogance, I'm sure you'll be searching for some witty response instead of the deserved congrats.