Tuesday can't get here fast enough

chris98251

Reaction score
Seeing all the F.A. hype and proposed signings it will be nice to get all these done with so we can see where we are actually going. John unless he has a specific target seems to let the first wave of over payment run it's course then start working deals with guys that want to win more then just make a payday splash, Harvin the exception.

We are quietly signing some of our role guys, Lynch is done so our big question mark has been resolved and we know what our baseline is going to be. Wilson I think is a done deal, maybe just the particulars of what and when for a few years so they can have flexibility to sign guys if needed. Wilson knows he needs a support group and seems to have done well in endorsement deals as well, he isn't hurting.

The key is looking at the F.A. market and who is there and what they can bring, big names and big paydays for past their prime player are not what we do, Williams was brought in as a rotational player at a cheaper price, I expect something similar, guys like Wolfolk I don't think are going to be interested or us in them since he already has his rings.

If we can get them on the cheap on prove it deals or a legitimate chance at a Ring deal these guys are people I could see us sniffing around on.

Mike Williams, Buffalo Bills WR

Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns TE

Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals TE

Ed Dickson, Carolina Panthers TE

James Casey, Philadelphia Eagles TE

Perrish Cox, San Francisco 49ers CB

Will Blackmon, Jacksonville Jaguars CB

Tramon Williams, Green Bay Packers CB

Henry Melton, Dallas Cowboys DT

Rob Sims, Detroit Lions G

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I dunno...could be that this year won't be too exciting. Just a feeling. Admittedly, I have a little hangover going on right now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think new Wilson/Wagner deals alone would make it a good offseason.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Basis4day":239t7x1v said:
I think new Wilson/Wagner deals alone would make it a good offseason.

Yes it would. Frankly, I'm just happy that Lynch is back.

I don't think we're going to see any big splashes this year in free agency. Hawks will sign a few guys in the next wave once the huge contracts are dished out.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, 3 former Hawks on that list?...the only one worth a sniff, and I guess a sniff is something I care not to do is Melton.
Tramon Williams is the db that Kearse beat for the winning TD in the c. game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Largent80":2r7tuhaa said:
So, 3 former Hawks on that list?...the only one worth a sniff, and I guess a sniff is something I care not to do is Melton.
Tramon Williams is the db that Kearse beat for the winning TD in the c. game.

Did you think that was bad coverage? I thought the coverage was very good, Russ just made a perfect throw.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
There are a few teams being forced to over spend, they have to get to the cap floor.

Which makes this a bad market to go after free agents.

Jville

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what is in store for our own free agents

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/574699335906033665[/tweet]
With Byron Maxwell's expected departure, it's interesting to note that exclusive right free agent DeShawn Shead will also be available as of tuesday. A further thinning of the defensive backfield could trigger some activity by week 2 or 3 of free agency.

HawkEye

Reaction score
I believe our FO won't be very active in the free agency, specially after the Harvin fiasco...Expect us to be very quiet in FA and very agressive in the Draft.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkEye":1qs592k2 said:
I believe our FO won't be very active in the free agency, specially after the Harvin fiasco...Expect us to be very quiet in FA and very agressive in the Draft.

By "aggressive"....are you meaning doing a lot of trading....up or down?

HawkEye

Reaction score
By "aggressive"....are you meaning doing a lot of trading....up or down?

Down.

I would love to trade up to get Melvin Gordon, but I think we will trade down and pull the trigger from round 3.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I don't see us doing much in FA. I would love to be wrong as we do have some depth issues right now in the secondary and I do not feel comfortable with Simon starting for us. I believe that Sherm, Simon, Lane (who will be out for a good chunk of the year) and Burley are the only CBs we currently have on the roster.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
They won't be real active, BUT I have to believe they will get a CB- probably T. Williams-Just have a feeling

Basis4day

Reaction score
It would be nice to have some new players and scheme to discuss.

cacksman

Reaction score
HawkEye":2zwjphjo said:

It sounds like they've been plenty active so far, just based on rumored interest, visits, etc. No reason to believe that what happened with Harvin will mean they aren't active in free agency. In fact, I'd say it makes them MORE likely to dip in the free agent pool, with the cap they freed up by trading him.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
FA will be very uneventful for us. Its all about the draft.

original poster

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I thought we'd go big in FA, now as others have said it's all about the draft for us, we can do a lot of trading with our picks and we need to secure some serious talent this year.

I have no doubt that we will sign at least 1 or 2 fairly cheap but decent starters.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think no splashes on FA, more draft and develop. We need depth, we are hitting injury bugs specially with the way we play. We need more versatile guys, guys who have talent plus are flexible to reduce impact. I think guys like Golden Tate never got hurt, I think its more of the technique of reducing impact of hits and being very flexible and slippery. Injuries are inevitable, but the kind of injuries we had just for the Superbowl had an impact on us giving up the lead. Sherman, Earl, Kam, Avril, Lane all were injured. We need to build young depth behind them.