Who hit harder Ken Hamlin or Kam

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. Who do you think hit harder Ken hammer time or Kam Bam. I just wanted to get your thoughts. All I know is I wouldn't want to get hit by either one of these guys. I think Kam is the better player overall but both of them could hit.

Hawks46

Reaction score
1. Kam Chancellor
2. Kenny Easley
3. Earl Thomas
4. Ken Hamlin

For safeties at least. We've had guys that hit harder than Hamlin on our roster.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Kam. Hamlin had a fun nickname, but he was a one-trick pony whose one trick wasn't even the best in the league at his position.

What's sad is that the most prominent memory I have of Ken Hamlin is that he got attacked at a night club and wasn't there when we needed him, which eventually wound up leading to Bierria replacing Manuel in the Super Bowl. For a dude who was still an exciting player to watch and was a key player on some not-so-great Seahawks teams, that was a terrible way for his Seahawks career to eventually end. I was glad he caught on with Dallas for a couple years after that. Could've been a really tragic story.

OP
OP
thegreeninyoureye
Reaction score
Hawks46":r4musyf9 said:
1. Kam Chancellor
2. Kenny Easley
3. Earl Thomas
4. Ken Hamlin

For safeties at least. We've had guys that hit harder than Hamlin on our roster.
Earl Thomas imo did not hit harder than Hamlin. Kenny yes Earl to me bounces off people a lot. I love Earl Thomas he is probably my favorite Seahawk but I don't think he could hit like Hamlin. But thanks for your thoughts i appreciate it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Check out my sig Pic, he had another on Boldin when he was with the Cards..

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Seems Hamlin's big hits were few and far between from what I remember, Kam consistently has monster hits.

So I vote Kam.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am torn between Kam and Easley. Man, Kenny Easley could BAM hard and I think he gets lost in this conversation with the newer fans. He was the BOOM before the LOB. Hamlin doesn't come close to those two IMO.

seabowl

Reaction score
Daryl Williams had the hardest hit I have ever seen on another player (Ricky Dudley) of any player ever to play the game. A distant second was the Largent hit on Harden (lol).

chawkjones

Reaction score
seabowl":2go4p5yd said:
Daryl Williams had the hardest hit I have ever seen on another player (Ricky Dudley) of any player ever to play the game. A distant second was the Largent hit on Harden (lol).

http://youtu.be/XcZZlMKL5xw I agree on that play and remember it well, I have to say though the hardest hitter has to go to Kenny Easley, the man would scare people.

drrew

Reaction score
Hamlin wasn't a great all around player, but he could hit as hard as any safety this team has ever had.

Seahawks Hamlin

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hamlin could hit as hard as Kam, but Kam lays out hard hits on a consistent basis. Hamlin had a few big hits, but Kam makes them normal.

Seafan

Reaction score
Ham only had two real hits in his career and both would be flagged/fined in this era. He then lived off his rep. Darryl Williams was actually a better hitter and safety than Ham.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kam's hits are devastating, just the idea he's close makes receivers make business decisions. He also has a lil flare to his crushing blows. Ken Hamlim hit hard as well, just it seemed more wreckless abandon more than anything.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Throwdown":18o1zg8s said:
Kam's hits are devastating, just the idea he's close makes receivers make business decisions. He also has a lil flare to his crushing blows. Ken Hamlim hit hard as well, just it seemed more wreckless abandon more than anything.

Yeah, Hamlin's harder hits depended more upon him getting up a head of steam and selling out. Kam can deliver devastation inside of a phone booth. I echo the observation that Kam instills alligator-arm-inducing fear; Hamlin not so much. I think this becomes a silly comparison when you consider Kam puts every offensive player's head on a swivel, including Guards :mrgreen:

endzorn

Reaction score
To hit you have to be around the ball. A place Hamlin seemed to rarely find himself. He had the one massive hit against New Orleans his rookie year and from that point on 12s assumed he was an other-worldly player. He was a gambler and shitty tackler who was constantly burned. I thought the guy was among the most overrated Seahawks in history.

BASF

Reaction score
jkitsune":382jkphb said:
Kam. Hamlin had a fun nickname, but he was a one-trick pony whose one trick wasn't even the best in the league at his position.

What's sad is that the most prominent memory I have of Ken Hamlin is that he got attacked at a night club and wasn't there when we needed him, which eventually wound up leading to Bierria replacing Manuel in the Super Bowl. For a dude who was still an exciting player to watch and was a key player on some not-so-great Seahawks teams, that was a terrible way for his Seahawks career to eventually end. I was glad he caught on with Dallas for a couple years after that. Could've been a really tragic story.

I am all for hate on Terreal Bierria as he is my most hated Seahawk ever, but you are mixing him up with Etric Pruitt
If Bierria was on the '05 squad we would not have made the Super Bowl.

Latest posts