Who hit harder Ken Hamlin or Kam

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hamlin didn't even come close, and as others have said he had poor technique. He would miss tackles going for the big hit.
Kam hits harder and plays smarter.

Rat

Reaction score
Hamlin's biggest hits were more jaw-dropping, but Chancellor strikes much more fear into opposing players for his ability to hit.

Chancellor probably wouldn't be taken out by a stop sign though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hamlin hit hard, but Kam is up there with the biggest safety hitters ever conversation.............Lott, Easley, Lynch, Atwater, Tatum, etc.

No discussion IMO, Kam.

hawkpride

Reaction score
So here's the thing, Hamlin had a habit of taking himself out also as he was laying the boom on a opposing player, as stated by others "poor tech". After a while in his career it seemed he backed off on his hits as if he was getting tired of hurting himself taking someone out.
Kam lives to hit and will never hold back. So my vote is Cam.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hamlin had some big hits, but i will use the term loading up to make them, Kam doesn't have to do that and as stated does it consistently. Kind of like a home run hitter that can smash 600 ft shots, batting average 0f 149, Kam is a 300 hitter that can get the 600 shots once in a while but hits a lot in the 450 range also.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rat":1mk7v2yk said:
Hamlin's biggest hits were more jaw-dropping, but Chancellor strikes much more fear into opposing players for his ability to hit.

Chancellor probably wouldn't be taken out by a stop sign though.

I agree and think Chancellor is by far the more complete player and he's a physical presence on the field that opposing teams stay aware of at all times. Hamlin was altogether not that great a safety and was very much a one trick pony.

chet380

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":3j1c9om9 said:
Hawks46":3j1c9om9 said:
1. Kam Chancellor
2. Kenny Easley
3. Earl Thomas
4. Ken Hamlin

For safeties at least. We've had guys that hit harder than Hamlin on our roster.
Earl Thomas imo did not hit harder than Hamlin. Kenny yes Earl to me bounces off people a lot. I love Earl Thomas he is probably my favorite Seahawk but I don't think he could hit like Hamlin. But thanks for your thoughts i appreciate it.

I agree re ET -- his big heart leads him to try to make a big hit, but he does seem to bounce off quite a bit.

IMO he should be persuaded to ease up on the big hit efforts b/c of potential injury -- banging into those 230 lb. RB's and 220 lb. WR's with his undersized body is bound to lead to problems eventually.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":5azgjbr1 said:
Hamlin could hit as hard as Kam, but Kam lays out hard hits on a consistent basis. Hamlin had a few big hits, but Kam makes them normal.

Perfectly said. Was trying to think of the correct statement but yours hit it . I do remember Mr Easily,, unfortunately didn't get to see much of him but I definitely think Kam takes it.

swagcity21

Reaction score
NOT EVEN CLOSE hands down Bam Bam hits much harder and more disciplined. I loved Hamlin when we had him but he wasn't as smart as Kam when it came down to breaking an offense down. Hamlin guessed a lot of the time.

Kind of like a younger Earl Thomas. He was still a beast back there though.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I loved me some Hammer Time. But he was a flash in the pan and only really had a couple memorable hits (Stallworth, Boldin.). Kam is like a bigger faster stronger John Lynch.

So yeah, Kam.

SauceTownHawk

Reaction score
Kam without a doubt is the hardest hitting safety I've seen in the last 10-15 years. Imagine the highlights he'd have if the nfl actually let these men play

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AgentDib":2merhqim said:
seahawkfreak":2merhqim said:
I do remember Mr Easily,, unfortunately didn't get to see much of him
[youtube]quxbCQ4m8Ww[/youtube]
And just to clarify the limited two years I got to watch him on the east coast ,,,,to say the least,,,,extraordinary player. Wish he could have played more years with us.

rastahawk

Reaction score
To begin with Kam is a bigger guy. He can lay the smack down across the board i.e. WR's, TE's, Offensive Linemen, Special teamers, etc... Because he has more mass I think the results of his collisions are more violent.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":iqi5roma said:
Hawks46":iqi5roma said:
1. Kam Chancellor
2. Kenny Easley
3. Earl Thomas
4. Ken Hamlin

For safeties at least. We've had guys that hit harder than Hamlin on our roster.
Earl Thomas imo did not hit harder than Hamlin. Kenny yes Earl to me bounces off people a lot. I love Earl Thomas he is probably my favorite Seahawk but I don't think he could hit like Hamlin. But thanks for your thoughts i appreciate it.
Ken Hamlin's name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Earl Thomas, as ET IS an elite playmaker and Hamlin not so much.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
ET does not even belong in this "hard hitting" convo. Live him but he needs to ease up on the "hits" and go more for the tackle.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kam and Easley are the 2 hardest hitters ever to play on the Hawks..ET tries but ends up hurting himself or other teamates..Ken who?

Latest posts