Warren Moons influence on Wilson....

irocdave

Reaction score
This gets zero coverage in Seattle media. Who better to life coach Wilson than one of the best QB's in NFL history that also happens to be Black and have a legacy in Seattle sports history? He is part of the UW's long standing history of producing NFL caliber QBS's. I watched Moon in the CFL and then every stop in the NFL. He flat out tore up the NFL and wound down his career back in his adopted homeland, Seattle. Yes, Moon is from California but his home is Seattle and his current job is with the Seahawks as part of the radio broadcast.

When RW was drafted I thought Moon would take an active roll in his development. You never hear of this interaction but how can it not take place. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... n/4952775/

How much has Moon guided Wilson?

makkapakka

Reaction score
My wife pointed out today how each had to overcome prejudices of their physical characteristics.... Warren for being black and Russell for being short.

titan3131

Reaction score
When the black enough story came out warren said that it came from russell needing to go out of his way to bond with more of the team.

Love our brothers is a team concept not just defense.

Warren is man.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It's been known since Wilson's rookie season, you can only talk about it so much before you're talking in circles.

sutz

Reaction score
Warren has had his share of off the field problems. They seem to be behind him. And yeah, we've really known about it for a while. Raible talks about it every so often. Russ has said it in many interviews. Having a vet QB to mentor you is a valuable part of growing as a QB. I'm not sure, but I'd bet that a lot of the historic busts at QB have not had this.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I've never really accepted Moon as a blue blood Seahawk.

It really pained me when he signed with Houston instead of with Seattle.

We got him way too late in his career.