Warren Moon: Seahawks and Wilson divorce close

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":l37vzj68 said:
John63":l37vzj68 said:
Wilson had a 93 Qb rating the 2nd half of the season that is not struggling, Not as good as first half but far from struggling
I really don't think you want to be making an argument about QB rating here which is a very flawed stat. A 93 QB rating over a season would slot him in as the 22nd best QB last season, right behind Matt Ryan 93.3 QB rating. Do you think Russ is the 22nd best QB in the NFL? Arguing that is Russ playing fine by his standards is far more critical of him than anything other people post on this forum.

Good stats as always AgentDib. I appreciate your analytical approach to topics.

John, stand down. AgentDib has schooled me a time or two

balakoth

Reaction score
Imagine equating "mattering" in TV world or broadcast.. or to forum posters.. to actually knowing what they are talking about having been in the sport for such a long time, therefore able to give valid perspectives regardless of stupid past things he's done?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JGreen79":fx6qcjt6 said:
pittpnthrs":fx6qcjt6 said:
Chukarhawk":fx6qcjt6 said:
Can someone cite where a first ballot HOF QB was traded in his prime and the team went on to be incredibly successful? Anyone?

49ers with Montana and Young?

Montana was not in his prime.

Probably not, but he was good enough to take the Chiefs to the conference title game.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think unless there's a deep playoff run Wilson probably will be traded after this season. Right now if i had to pick Seattle win/loss and division. I'd say 9 wins and 3rd in the Division. I'm very concerned about this defense it hasn't gotten better in fact were worse off at CB than we were last year . We have no real draft capital either. This will be a down year for the Seahawks . Wags is another year older were average at best at DT and DE. Our CB's are below average .

Wilson Metcalf and Carson will have to carry this team again and at some point that won't happen we lose those close games and were in for a long grindy 8 or 9 win season i could easily see that happening this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2t6izmo0 said:
AgentDib":2t6izmo0 said:
Mark Rogers is no doubt difficult. The Athletic article also threw a large portion of the blame to CAA, the LA talent agency that manages both Russ and Ciara. The first allegation was that CAA wants the couple in a bigger media market (hence the cities on the trade list). The second was that CAA wanted to shift the narrative from Russ struggling in the second half of the season to Russ not getting enough help in the second half of the season for marketing reasons.

okay I don't recall any place were any of that was said. and FYI

Wilson had a 93 Qb rating the 2nd half of the season that is not struggling, Not as good as first half but far from struggling

Passer rating, not QB rating.

misfit

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":f2d85lgj said:
John63":f2d85lgj said:
AgentDib":f2d85lgj said:
Mark Rogers is no doubt difficult. The Athletic article also threw a large portion of the blame to CAA, the LA talent agency that manages both Russ and Ciara. The first allegation was that CAA wants the couple in a bigger media market (hence the cities on the trade list). The second was that CAA wanted to shift the narrative from Russ struggling in the second half of the season to Russ not getting enough help in the second half of the season for marketing reasons.

Are we talking Dilfers QBR? that stat is terrible

John63

Reaction score
misfit":zekmqi6h said:
Maelstrom787":zekmqi6h said:
John63":zekmqi6h said:
AgentDib":zekmqi6h said:

ahh anything over 90 is considered really good. 85 is avg

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
misfit":28d0ceg3 said:
Maelstrom787":28d0ceg3 said:
John63":28d0ceg3 said:
AgentDib":28d0ceg3 said:

Dilfers? Huh?

QBR is a decent enough statistic. It's largely based on EPA. Not an end-all-be-all, but useful. Still, it's an entirely different stat than passer rating.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":lbnl1xjh said:
misfit":lbnl1xjh said:
Maelstrom787":lbnl1xjh said:
John63":lbnl1xjh said:

Not for starters. 23 guys notched a passer rating 90 or above.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2booiez3 said:
John63":2booiez3 said:
misfit":2booiez3 said:
Maelstrom787":2booiez3 said:

Good for them, maybe eventually they change the standards till Then over 90 is still considered really good and 85 is avg.

oh and one more thing only 22 had qb rating over 90 and out of then only 20 played more than 10 games. However, none of that again changes the FACT that over 90 is considered really good.

But since you don't like that says as it does not help your position allow me the other stats

QBR Wilson had a 2nd half(last 8 games) qbr of 65 again really good.

Also this is my last reply to you, since its obvious you want to change the rules to suit your agenda ie even though all the experts say 90+ QB rating is really good,, but you want to try to say it is not because Wilson did it. I no longer have time for you., So foe you go. Please foe me too.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I guess that means there are a lot of "really good" QBs in the league, so relatively, Russ was way behind the pack last year. I guess the others just stepped up their game to surpass Russ, so there should be lots of options out there for us to improve.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":3qxmfy28 said:
I guess that means there are a lot of "really good" QBs in the league, so relatively, Russ was way behind the pack last year. I guess the others just stepped up their game to surpass Russ, so there should be lots of options out there for us to improve.

Maybe. Maybe not. Last 8 checked there were only 2 in the top 10 in qb rating, tds, yards, qbr, and complt % so that list is not as big as u think. And fyi Wilson was 1 on the 2.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":20s2yl3r said:
Maelstrom787":20s2yl3r said:
John63":20s2yl3r said:
misfit":20s2yl3r said:

Good for them, maybe eventually they change the standards till Then over 90 is still considered really good and 85 is avg.

oh and one more thing only 22 had qb rating over 90 and out of then only 20 played more than 10 games. However, none of that again changes the FACT that over 90 is considered really good.

But since you don't like that says as it does not help your position allow me the other stats

QBR Wilson had a 2nd half(last 8 games) qbr of 65 again really good.

Also this is my last reply to you, since its obvious you want to change the rules to suit your agenda ie even though all the experts say 90+ QB rating is really good,, but you want to try to say it is not because Wilson did it. I no longer have time for you., So foe you go. Please foe me too.

Again, you're talking about passer rating. It's not QB rating, its passer rating. I think QBR is generally a better stat to evaluate overall play, and Russell isn't a 65 guy. He's capable of much more. You can't deny that he had a subpar last half of the season for his capability.

Also, chill with the "agenda" crap. I have no agenda. I am on record with the belief that Russell is a legitimate top-5 NFL quarterback, and I'm not backing off of that. I am correcting your faulty statistical analysis and your incorrect idea of an average passer rating.

You're pulling these numbers out of your butt. An 85 passer rating is not average. If it were, 26 guys wouldn't be above the mark. I don't care what the "experts" say, and PS, none of them say that.