Went to a movie last night...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Saw the Imitation Game. It was a good movie, but there was a quote said several times, a theme almost, that every time it was said, I couldn't help think "That's Russell God Damn Wilson".

"Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine"

Maybe I'm just in full Superb Owl/Seahawk obsession mode right now, but I got goosebumps every time it was said.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Perhaps there needs to be a thread comparing Seahawks to popular movie scenes and characters. I'm an old movie geek with an extensive catalog of film in my head, both great and not so great. I'm always making movie references, much to the chagrin of my wife, the true Seahakws fan (born and raised in PCW).

In the NFCCC, when Sherman hurt his elbow and played out the game, I told her it reminded me of the big fight between Philo Beddoe (Clint Eastwood) and Jack Wilson (William Smith) in Any Which Way You Can (1980) when Philo gets his arm broken but ends up whupping Wilson's butt with one arm. Sherman even cradled his arm the same way Clint did in that film.

When Sherm made that huge third down tackle with one arm, I shouted out "Philo Beddoe!" and my wife looked at me like I was nuts.

philo-beddoe-any-which-way-but-loose-clint-eastwood-demotivational-poster-1266106562.jpg