Brandon Browner will tell teamates to break Sherman's arm

Largent80

Reaction score
So much for him being personal friends with Sherm. I see his uncle all the time at the Backstage here in Culver City, even this year....I think it's BS, or B.S.- B.R.

Laloosh

Reaction score
He probably said the same thing to Sherm while they discussed their off-season trip to Chelan. Not a story imo.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Interesting, don't think he meant it to come out that way but still. What if Sherman said he told teammates to target Rodgers leg and break it?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's the Super Bowl, the Patriots are going to do everything they can to get Sherman and Thomas out of the game, including punishing them with extra curricular blocks and runs.

Count on it.

Chawks1

Reaction score
iigakusei":1kozacyg said:
Interesting, don't think he meant it to come out that way but still. What if Sherman said he told teammates to target Rodgers leg and break it?

Exactly. If any one of our players said this out loud in an interview and threatened to break Tom Brady's leg what would the fallout be? Browner is already on the NFLs naughty list.

Basis4day

Reaction score
How about we discuss the actual quote instead of what people assume he said?

Browner was asked by Anderson about facing Richard Sherman (elbow) and Earl Thomas (shoulder), who were both injured in the NFC title game.

“Those dudes are tough, like watching the game you see Sherman was holding that arm like he had a sling on it. But at the end of the day this is about the Super Bowl. I’m going to tell my teammates to go hit that elbow, go hit that shoulder. Try to break it if you can, you know?

“You’re going to be my best friend after the game, but at the end of the day I know you want the Super Bowl just as bad as me.”

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Northhawk":1i0pxcqw said:
I lost what respect I had left for Browner after that interview.

The three drug violations didn't do it already?

sutz

Reaction score
aredub":10jpeequ said:
Wasn't as bad as it sounds I don't think.
I'm kind of with you on this one. Of course, I don't like to get all riled up by this kind of thing. Too much hype flying around, especially this week. I could see a minor fine for it, but nothing more than that.

Besides, in the heat of the game, if players are trying to hit a specific limb on an opponent, they're ignoring fundamentals, which will have a negative effect on their play. I'm sure Sherm and ETIII are (at least publicly) saying, "Bring it on!"

;)

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
He was just talking some trash and trying to convey that his loyalties won't be with his friends during the game,. It'll still be interesting to see how Earl and Sherm respond.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I get the point he was trying to make, but I feel like he took it a bit too far. Especially considering how much intentional injuries have caused so much outrage in recent years.

liftingaddict

Reaction score
Love that intensity from Browner. He was just trying to verbalize how much this SB means to him and his new allegiances obviously lie with the Patriots. Going to be a good one folks!

oasis

Reaction score
Like previously mentioned, all games have extracurricular activities. Dumb to show off about it.

SirTed

Reaction score
Now is not the time for this place to turn into a bunch of ...wimps*

first of all, who cares what any of these guys say? Ridiculous.

Second, That's just BB. Same dude who played for us. And you can throw revisionist history out there if you want, but the dude was a baller for us - ANNND you could make the argument that he was just as responsible for the LOB developing that hard nosed, fearless attitude as anyone. Even Kam.

I'll always love that dude for giving me a chance to cheer for a guy that wasn't afraid to mix it up. After years of Holmgren era where we'd get bullied it was a breath of fresh air to be the team that was pushing people around.

Chapow

Reaction score
Well that's not very nice.

And here I thought this was a gentleman's game where being "classy" was of the utmost importance.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
He's an enforcer. That's what he does. None of you should be surprised.

I'm glad that he got to play in a Super Bowl; he deserves it.